mugging on kearny ave.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Another hush hush! A young kid was mugged in front of D.D. on Kearny ave last week.Three **'s from newark tried to steal his car,but he wouldn't give his keys. The ended up knocking his teeth out and a concussion. The cops caught 2 of the guys. Of course **'s from newark. Great job police officers on catching them. We definely need patroling on kearny ave. The best is when the kid went to go into Dunkun Donuts **** ***** *** ****. Do you believe it. I'll never go in there again. There's nothing but trouble in and around there anyway.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Another hush hush! A young kid was mugged in front of D.D. on Kearny ave last week.Three **'s from newark tried to steal his car,but he wouldn't give his keys. The ended up knocking his teeth out and a concussion. The cops caught 2 of the guys. Of course **'s from newark. Great job police officers on catching them. We definely need patroling on kearny ave. The best is when the kid went to go into Dunkun Donuts **** ***** *** ****. Do you believe it. I'll never go in there again. There's nothing but trouble in and around there anyway.

As if the recently-raised prices at DD weren't enough reason to keep out of there (I mean, come on, two bagels with cream cheese and no drink is almost $5)...

One has to marvel with disbelief at the huevos on these guys. Not some side street or back alley, but this happened on the "Main St." of Kearny! Do you know what time of day/night it happened?

Guest Guest

8:00 o'clock at night. I want to know why they blocked out that ***** ****** ***** ****** when the kid went to get ** for help. They actually ***** **** ******.

Guest Guest

I don't know why anyone goes into that place....during the 9/11 vigil on Kearny Ave they hung an American Flag upside down. If everyone stopped buying in there, they'd get the message.

I don't know why anyone goes into that place....during the 9/11 vigil on Kearny Ave they hung an American Flag upside down.

On purpose, or did they just screw up?

If it was just a mistake, then I wouldn't just stop going there altogether just because of that--seems a little harsh, don't you think?

And if it was on purpose...well, it's your perogative whether or not to patronize an establishment that may express a viewpoint you don't agree with (though I'm not quite sure what the message is that an upside-down flag is supposed to be sending, exactly...), but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who couldn't care less, and just want their iced coffee. :lol:

If everyone stopped buying in there, they'd get the message.

And what message would that be?

Guest worried

some kid just got jumped and beat up on Davis & Duke 3:30 today he said one approached and the other two came and beat him up they were hiding on Duke St

This town is getting worse everyday

some kid just got jumped and beat up on Davis & Duke 3:30 today he said one approached and the other two came and beat him up they were hiding on Duke St

This town is getting worse everyday

You think that's bad? Look what's 'dethroned' the Quick Chek shootings on Canessa's blog as "Breaking News": :lol::blink::blink:

http://thecanessacorner.blogspot.com/2007/...t-boyd-and.html

Guest Guest
I don't know why anyone goes into that place....during the 9/11 vigil on Kearny Ave they hung an American Flag upside down. If everyone stopped buying in there, they'd get the message.

When the American Flag is hung upside down it signifies an emergency, or disaster. I'm not sure whether they knowingly did this, or if it were just a mistake on their part. I have to agree though that this town is getting worse every day. What about all the incidents that aren't listed in the Observer, or here? I had to make a call to the police a few weeks back, because there was a large group of rowdy kids throwing eggs at everyone after school.

Guest guest what

Three food delivery men were robbed at gun point in the past couple weeks on Chesnut Street behind Eckerd and apparently another incident took place Tuesday on ARGYLE AND STUYVESANT. Shocking intersection for a robbery. Nice town we live in.

Guest GooglePezzollaPlagiarism
Three food delivery men were robbed at gun point in the past couple weeks on Chesnut Street behind Eckerd and apparently another incident took place Tuesday on ARGYLE AND STUYVESANT.  Shocking intersection for a robbery.  Nice town we live in.

Kearny is getting dangerous. Best move to Nutley

Guest Guest
Three food delivery men were robbed at gun point in the past couple weeks on Chesnut Street behind Eckerd and apparently another incident took place Tuesday on ARGYLE AND STUYVESANT.  Shocking intersection for a robbery.  Nice town we live in.

Then MOVE!!You ass!!!

Guest Guest

Yes SHOCKING to think that the Bad Guys might be smart enough to change the locations they have the deliveries sent to......

Guest Guest

Heres an idea.....if you want to atleast try and show a larger show of force to criminals, hire more cops...and i dont mean when 10 guys retire and you hire 4 to replace them..i mean hire enough to replace them, and then some.....then when your at it, hire a judge that doesn't throw away "quality of life" crimes....the cops try and clean up kearny ave..by giving warnings , then making arrests, only to have the judge throw the cases out....its a losing battle fokes...its said, kearny is a great town.....but the mayor seems clueless...

Guest Guest
Heres an idea.....if you want to atleast try and show a larger show of force to criminals, hire more cops...and i dont mean when 10 guys retire and you hire 4 to replace them..i mean hire enough to replace them, and then some.....then when your at it, hire a judge that doesn't throw away "quality of life" crimes....the cops try and clean up kearny ave..by giving warnings , then making arrests, only to have the judge throw the cases out....its a losing battle fokes...its said, kearny is a great town.....but the mayor seems clueless...

Sounds that simple.