Lincoln School Trailers

Guest William Street Resident

Guest William St. Resident

You are obviously connected to the Mayor or Board of Education in some way. You are not a resident of William Street and its surrounding neighborhood. The trailers are a danger to the school children and how they got approval to put them in the street in a fire zone is an indication of how unprofessional our business is done in town. The fire chief should have never approved the placement of the trailers in the fire zone. If there is a fire, he will be responsible and the politicans will all be hiding saying they knew nothing about it. The trailers in the street is an indication of poor planning on the Board of Education's part and the children are at risk of a terrorist attack (or simple accident), the school is now inaccessible by a ladder truck to rescue children from windows (if it becomes necessary) and the Superintendent of school still has his office in the building. Why doesn't he move his office to the Board of Education or if he wants to be in the street into a Mobile Home which can be moved outside Lincoln School. Why because he does not care about the children but only about his six figure paycheck and his wife's paycheck.

This is ridiculous and only a political hack like you would think that the trailers are ok.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GRACEfully responding

First of all, you would be wrong on several counts. I am NOT related in any way, shape or form to the mayor or any council members. IF you ever bothered to read any of my other posts on different topics you could see that for yourself. I do NOT work for the town in any capacity, nor does my spouse. I am NOT a political HACK or anything remotely resembling that. I AM a resident of the surrounding area. Anywhere you live in Harrison is pretty much the surrounding area. I AM a parent, I like to think a pretty decent one. Although I'm sure my children might disagree at times. Like when they get punished. Well, now that we have established what I am and what I am not, let's move on. What about you, William Street resident? Are you a parent whose child attends the school in question? Is or was your livelyhood directly related to the same people you keep putting down? How about your spouse's? You keep mentioning the fire hazard. I'm a bit concerned about your preoccupation with it. You're not one of those people that go to any lengths to prove a point, are you? Wasn't it a fire hazard when all the children were crammed in the school? Funny, I don't recall seeing any post from a William Street resident concerning that........hmmm.......were you not concerned about that particular safety hazard? Are you saying that if the trailers weren't on William Street, that some terrorist group will think twice about bombing the school?..........hmmmm......I see the logic. Here's a suggestion. How about you put on your tool belt and hard hat and march on down to the school and volunteer with the construction that they're starting in the courtyard this week? Perhaps they can be done that much sooner and move the children into the courtyard and you can have your precious parking space back. Riddle me this: If two trailers were being provided in order to temporarily alleviate the problem of overcrowding in a certain elementary school and they were placed on a street other than William Street, would certain William Street residents still be so concerned with the safety and well being of the children that are in there? Do YOU know the answer............pssssst..........I DO!

Guest Hypocrite

How can one "sell your home" and move if they don't own a home. The majority of folks in Harrison rent. Maybe it is convenient for you to volunteer to cross children on rainy days, but I am sure it is not for all the other parents who need to work and earn a living. You are right about the teachers and how every parent should be thankful for their children, but the fact still remains that if god forbid one of those trailers were to be hit by a car, it could be a horror. They are also open to tamperment as they are not guarded, correct? Were parents really "screaming" for trailors or a better solution?

Guest guest_Guest
You are obviously connected to the Mayor or Board of Education in some way. You are not a resident of William Street and its surrounding neighborhood. The trailers are a danger to the school children and how they got approval to put them in the street in a fire zone is an indication of how unprofessional our business is done in town. The fire chief should have never approved the placement of the trailers in the fire zone. If there is a fire, he will be responsible and the politicans will all be hiding saying they knew nothing about it. The trailers in the street is an indication of poor planning on the Board of Education's part and the children are at risk of a terrorist attack (or simple accident), the school is now inaccessible by a ladder truck to rescue children from windows (if it becomes necessary) and the Superintendent of school still has his office in the building. Why doesn't he move his office to the Board of Education or if he wants to be in the street into a Mobile Home which can be moved outside Lincoln School. Why because he does not care about the children but only about his six figure paycheck and his wife's paycheck.

This is ridiculous and only a political hack like you would think that the trailers are ok.

Sorry Bub but I am not a political hack I cant stand Politicians and yes I do live near the school....yOU ARE JUST ANOTHER PERSON WHO LOVES TO B**ch IF NOT THE TRAILERS IT WILL BE SOMETHING ELSE WELL I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU GET THE HELL OUT OF HARRISON PS I DONT KISS NO ONES ASS ON THE BOARD EF ED. OR THE MAYORS OR ANY OTHER POLITICIAN...SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT FOOL...I GUESS YOU THINK THE BOARD OF EDUCATION IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW MANY NEW KIDS THERE ARE GOING TO BE REGISTERING FOR SCHOOL EVERY YEAR....WHY DONT YOU PEOPLE USE YOUR BRAINS ...COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN NEVER HAPPY ARE YOU .......

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND TERRORIST ATTACKS???

I THINK THE FBI SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO YOUR BACKGROUND, BUDDY.

I personally like the trailers...the realty offices in harrison should start selling trailer homes as affordable housing.....Jerry Springer will give you all the free publicity you need!

Guest Mission:GRACE
How can one "sell your home" and move if they don't own a home. The majority of folks in Harrison rent. Maybe it is convenient for you to volunteer to cross children on rainy days, but I am sure it is not for all the other parents who need to work and earn a living. You are right about the teachers and how every parent should be thankful for their children, but the fact still remains that if god forbid one of those trailers were to be hit by a car, it could be a horror. They are also open to tamperment as they are not guarded, correct? Were parents really "screaming" for trailors or a better solution?

That was meant as an ironic statement. Not to be confused with moronic. You know irony? An ironic expression. An humorous literary style. The person I was responding to owns a home. Unless you are that person, you shouldn't take it to heart. Why are you projecting all these horrible accidents anyway? Death and destruction. Fires and bombings. It must be pleasant in your home. All these doomsday predictions. One of the kids inside the building whose parents don't follow the dress code and allows them to wear open shoes, can trip and take a header down the steps and break their necks. Most parents don't think about that. There's a higher probability of that happening than a car barrelling down William Street at 11 a.m. and striking a trailer. Of course it isn't convenient to stand out there and walk the children in. I was trying to make a point. Clearly, you missed it. The point being, if it's of such concern to the person who was making the complaint, perhaps that person should stand out there with an umbrella. The school does have people that walk the children in when one of them needs to use the bathroom. And yes, parents were screaming for the trailers. Why not attend a PTA meeting sometime, unless that isn't convenient either.

If there were as many parents showing up for school and sporting events as there are to complain when they don't like something, what a difference it would make. We can continue to complain about how bad the politicians are and how poorly the schools are run, but they don't raise our children. We do. Alot of parents are confused. School isn't a babysitting service. Enrolling your kid in a sport so you can get rid of them for a couple of hours is a shame. What is wrong with people? Some people think their jobs are winding down when their children go to school. That's when it's really begining. People need to get involved. I go to sporting events in this town and the turnout is disgusting. They should be ashamed of themselves. Yet, put a trailer on the street and take away some parking spaces, in order to better the educational system and boy do the vultures come out of the woodwork. That's what this is all really about anyway. The only HYPOCRITES around here are the ones making belive they want what's best for the kids when what they really mean is "Oh My God, what will I do when it starts getting chilly in October and there's no where for me to park?" When those trailers are moved I don't think there should be ANY parking in the fire zone. I hope they ticket the s**t out of the people that park there. Including the parents that go to pick up their kids. We can use the money from those fines for children's programs. Teach everyone a lesson. Give me a break with the concern. I see 8 and 9 year old kids walking around at 10 o'clock at night by themselves. Where are the parents or an responsible adult taking charge then? And before someone starts writing about how people have to work..............no kidding. Unless a person is independently wealthy, everybody has to work. I know many parents who work and move heaven and earth to attend their kids functions. Are you one of them? I'm proud to say, I am. You know, Action is intelligence being put to use. It's time to put up or shut up.

Of course there are certain things that need to be fixed in this town. Thats everywhere. Good luck to you and your little club if you think it's different anywhere else.

First of all, you would be wrong on several counts. I am NOT related in any way, shape or form to the mayor or any council members. IF you ever bothered to read any of my other posts on different topics you could see that for yourself. I do NOT work for the town in any capacity, nor does my spouse. I am NOT a political HACK or anything remotely resembling that. I AM a resident of the surrounding area. Anywhere you live in Harrison is pretty much the surrounding area. I AM a parent, I like to think a pretty decent one. Although I'm sure my children might disagree at times. Like when they get punished. Well, now that we have established what I am and what I am not, let's move on. What about you, William Street resident? Are you a parent whose child attends the school in question? Is or was your livelyhood directly related to the same people you keep putting down? How about your spouse's? You keep mentioning the fire hazard. I'm a bit concerned about your preoccupation with it. You're not one of those people that go to any lengths to prove a point, are you? Wasn't it a fire hazard when all the children were crammed in the school? Funny, I don't recall seeing any post from a William Street resident concerning that........hmmm.......were you not concerned about that particular safety hazard? Are you saying that if the trailers weren't on William Street, that some terrorist group will think twice about bombing the school?..........hmmmm......I see the logic. Here's a suggestion. How about you put on your tool belt and hard hat and march on down to the school and volunteer with the construction that they're starting in the courtyard this week? Perhaps they can be done that much sooner and move the children into the courtyard and you can have your precious parking space back. Riddle me this: If two trailers were being provided in order to temporarily alleviate the problem of overcrowding in a certain elementary school and they were placed on a street other than William Street, would certain William Street residents still be so concerned with the safety and well being of the children that are in there? Do YOU know the answer............pssssst..........I DO!

You Go Gracefully......as usual well said

I am not projecting anything, just stating a fact that could POSSIBLY happen. I don't know what kind of perfect world you are living in, but it certainly is not the one the rest of us are in. Unfortunately, there is gloom,doom and threat all around us. It seems from your posts that you think you are perfect though. It is a shame the world isn't full of "Grace's". Thanks for the English lesson, but we all know the meaning of ironic, please spare us with your self rightous psuedo intelligence.

Who are you to sit and judge other parents and their parenting? I think you are the one who is confused. You are entitled to your opinion but that should be kept to yourself. You sound like a typical coffee clutch mom who has nothing better to do than sit and worry about what other people are doing with their kids. You don't walk in any of these people shoes, pay their bills, or have their worries. You are obviously a concerned mother so keep it up and worry about you own kids.

I think the town should buy about 60 trailers and have one each for the brave firefighters to use - similar to movie stars. This way if they can't make it into town due to bad weather for one of the 80 days a year they work they can just stay in their own customized trailer. Also, they can list each one as their primary residence and have even more influence over the politicians by being able to vote in Harrison. After all, the do fight raging blazes on a daily basis with little or no time to eat or rest. Only the best for the Bravest!

I drink all day while my kid is at school. Whats this about trailers? I was tring to get in the gardens but a trailer would be just fine. Is there a list I can get on for the trailers?

Guest MR WORLD

The trailers on William street are dangerous for kids to be in, there is no protection

to stop a car from running into them, its possible some students can be killed, a

police officer should be placed in front of them to monitor traffic

Yeah and they will stop just like the car on Bergen and F.E.R. did the other morning. Thats just what we need, bullets flying around the school. That may be a good job for Lucas until he gets into the prosecutors office.

• 1 month later...
Guest William St. Resident

The Board of Education, Peter Higgins and Anthony Comprelli promised that the trailers on William Street would be removed by December 1, 2004 at the latest. (That deadline was originally November 1, 2004).

It is December 1, 2004 and the trailers are still there.

Is this another lie to the residents?

Mayor McDonough stop playing around and get involved in getting these trailers off the street. What are you guys waiting for?

The Board of Education, Peter Higgins and Anthony Comprelli promised that the trailers on William Street would be removed by December 1, 2004 at the latest. (That deadline was originally November 1, 2004).

It is December 1, 2004 and the trailers are still there.

Is this another lie to the residents?

Mayor McDonough stop playing around and get involved in getting these trailers off the street. What are you guys waiting for?

Did you not see the new PERMANENT trailers being delivered in the beginning of November?? Do you not hear and see the work that is being done daily, including weekends and the day after Thanksgiving? Obviously, there is progress being made. What will you have to complain about when the temporary trailers are removed??

Get a life!

Just settle in you trailer trash. Always remember, when it comes to the childrens education, paying the Administrators and teachers is way in front of providing adequate facilities for the kids. If a million dollars became available tomorrow, certain town workers, fireman, and the all-star families would pick at that money like a pack of vultures before the kids got a dime of the money. Thats the truth.

• 1 month later...
Guest William St Resident

The Board of Education said that the trailers would be out by the end of November. It is now mid January and the trailers are still there. When are the trailers going to be taken out of the street. Anyone know.

Guest William St Resident

I have plenty to complain about including how poor my kids are getting educated at the Harrison Public School. The patronage and political corruption have caused a crisis. The state instead of building a new school and wasting their money should put video cameras in the classrooms to videotape the teachers poor teaching skills. Patronage has resulted in a poor school system.

Archived