Fire in Harrison-Cross Street

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Harrison Firefighters are unable to put out a fire on Cross street which is now gone into 2 homes on the block and continuing. The whole department should be rid of its political patronage jobs and start over with professionals. Our firefigthers are unable and unwilling to put out fires. A disgrace.

Guest Guest
Harrison Firefighters are unable to put out a fire on Cross street which is now gone into 2 homes on the block and continuing.  The whole department should be rid of its political patronage jobs and start over with professionals.  Our firefigthers are unable and unwilling to put out fires.  A disgrace.

if u wanna be a real wise guy the fire was on 4th st not cross st a******, give them credit what were u doing when the fire was going , sitting on your fat ass starting a non sense post like this .

Guest Nerve
Harrison Firefighters are unable to put out a fire on Cross street which is now gone into 2 homes on the block and continuing.  The whole department should be rid of its political patronage jobs and start over with professionals.  Our firefigthers are unable and unwilling to put out fires.  A disgrace.

You know what you really are an a-hole.

I would like to congratulate and thank the HPD for putting their life on the line and for getting everyone out safely while the Engines were in route. Also A Congrat's to the HFD and the the other Fire Departments that came to help for getting the fire under control so quickly, that could have been a nightmare, it is a tight block especially being the houses and businesses are close. All you guys came together as a team and worked as Brothers the way it should be. Good Job Guys!!!!!

Guest disgusted from a far

You have got to be kidding....I have personnaly seen these guys in action and they are as professional as they come....How about putting your money where you mouth is and become a firefighter. Until you have gone into a burning building to save someone you do not know, you have no right to criticize these guys.

Disgusted from a far

Guest Guest
You know what you really are an a-hole.

I would like to congratulate and thank the HPD for putting their life on the line and for getting everyone out safely while the Engines were in route. Also A Congrat's to the HFD and the the other Fire Departments that came to help for getting the fire under control so quickly, that could have been a nightmare, it is a tight block especially being the houses and businesses are close.  All you guys came together as a team and worked as Brothers the way it should be. Good Job Guys!!!!!

Not easy to maneuver around our tight streets and houses very close. So having a fire spread quickly is not out of the question.

This is why I always ask for our streets to be clear of double parked cars for emegencies. I get the same old negative comments each time I raise this concern making me the bad guy.

HPD...extremely important you clear our streets.

Guest Smoke and Mirrors!

Hey MORON!

1. The fire was stopped at 2 homes because of these firefighters.

2. It was already into the second building when they arrived.

3. They busted their guts to keep the damage as minimal as possible!

4. The fire had a big head start because someone tried to put the fire out THEMSELVES, instead of calling the fire department.

5. These jobs are not given by politics, it is a test and you are ranked on a list according to your test score, the fire department hires from that list!

Get off your butt, and find a hobby that gets you involved in your community! Get to know the people you are so quick to criticize!

Better yet! If you think it is such an easy job to do, then, get off your lazy butt and go take the firefighters test! If you think you would be so good at the job then get in there!

Guest Guest

Don"t blame the PD because they always get SHI# when they write all the prohibited parking,hydrants,and double parkers Thanks for realizing that it needs to be done. THank god no one was hurt.

Not easy to maneuver around our tight streets and houses very close. So having a fire spread quickly is not out of the question.

This is why I always ask for our streets to be clear of double parked cars for emegencies.  I get the same old negative comments each time I raise this concern making me the bad guy.

HPD...extremely important you clear our streets.

Guest guest
Hey MORON!

1. The fire was stopped at 2 homes because of these firefighters.

2. It was already into the second building when they arrived.

3. They busted their guts to keep the damage as minimal as possible!

4. The fire had a big head start because someone tried to put the fire out THEMSELVES, instead of calling the fire department.

5. These jobs are not given by politics, it is a test and you are ranked on a list according to your test score, the fire department hires from that list!

Get off your butt, and find a hobby that gets you involved in your community! Get to know the people you are so quick to criticize! 

Better yet!  If you think it is such an easy job to do, then, get off your lazy butt and go take the firefighters test!  If you think you would be so good at the job then get in there!

AMEN!

Guest Guest

The HFD did a great job of containing the fire.

Let's not forget to thank the HPD for their efforts, for it was them who got the elderly woman out of her apartment.

For all of you people out there who like to B**ch about both the HPD and the HFD just remember it is these individuals who put their lives on the line everytime they are working to protect the residents of this town.

Just remember the people you are knocking are the same people who you will be calling when you need help.

Guest Guest

Wow, are you f'in kidding me?? Some people will complain about anything, huh? Those guys busted their ass and you can't even give them a little bit of credit.... Since you seem to know so much about fires, why dont you take the god damn test and become one... or maybe you did and failed, so now your trying to get back at them by talking all of this shit. Your a disgrace!

Guest Guest

The test is not open to all. There are certain restrictions, age being one of them. So if i'm 35 I can't become one, but if I'm already 35 and on the department it's OK.

Understood that lives are put on the line, but if eligible would definitely take the job today, unfortunately not. See, perception is what counts. People generally see the HFD as underworked and overpaid. So when a fire breaks out, and burns down a house or two they are to blame.

I agree today that too much municipal budget is targeted for HFD, and that includes total comp (cost of salary, benefits and retirement).

So HFD should consider itself fortunate.

Guest Guest
Is it true that some members of the kearnyfire department got rewarded for saving the harrison fire chief at a fire on harrison ave?

What the heck does this have to do with the fire on Cross Street and Rodgers Blvd. the CURRENT TOPIC???

There is an old expression, Walk a mile in someones shoes to see their life. My dad is a retired fireman and came home many times with a severe

cough from fires.

He once had to attempt to carry a 300 lb man down 2 flights of stairs cause the drunk started the fire with a lite cigar. Since he couldn't lift the fool he got him out of bed and rolled him in the hall and down the stairs. Yes the guy broke his arm but my dad got him out and saved his drunken life. He also would go back in for pets and once came out with a litter of puppies, then there was the child that hid in the closet cause his parents were not home. This is all done with smoke so thick you can't see your hand in front of your face. Get a life and know what you are talking about before you mouth off. Its easy to sit on your ass and point out faults, but if your house is burning who are you going to call the fools that agree with you. God help your sorry ass.

Guest Guest

O.K. Now can someone tell me if something is being done for the children who lived in these homes? I thought that I would be reading something that would give some insight on the families and if they needed any help, but as usual, I wasnt. I wouldnt dare say anything about any firefighters in any town because I sure as hell know that I wouldnt be able to do that job, and how would I be able to judge anyone elses performance? I thank the lord above, that I have never been involved in a fire and knock on wood, hopefully never will be. How dare some of you even resort to speak about those men in this way. May God spare you and yours if you are ever involved in such a situation, no matter what town you happen to live in.

Guest Guest
Yes, a bunch of firefighters got awards for saving the hfd chief. the state is investigating the incident and the chiefs conduct.

The Harrison Fire Chief is a good and intelligent man, he is family and community minded and would help anyone needing a hand. We are fortunate to have him as our fire chief. His only real problem is he tends to micromanage situations. In the overall that's not such a bad thing. He is a very good and decent man.

Guest Guest
O.K.  Now can someone tell me if something is being done for the children who lived in these homes?  I thought that I would be reading something that would give some insight on the families and if they needed any help, but as usual, I wasnt.  I wouldnt dare say anything about any firefighters in any town because I sure as hell know that  I wouldnt be able to do that job, and how would I be able to judge anyone elses performance?  I thank the lord above, that I have never been involved in a fire and knock on wood, hopefully never will be.  How dare some of you even resort to speak about those men in this way.  May God spare you and yours if you are ever involved in such a situation, no matter what town you happen to live in.

I believe the kids in school were taking up a collection for the people who lost their homes.

Guest Guest

tahnks for the water department for responding to the scene.

they did a great job sitting in their vehicles watching and collecting o.t.