Kmart Special

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm new to town. What's the deal with the soft blue street lights everywhere. They're not really bright enough to be street lights, just there for the ambience?

If they are the ones i am thimling of they are to show where the alarm pull boxes are for the fire dept. checkthe pole under the light if there is an alarm box thats what the lights are for

Cool, thanks. I get it. I guess a soft blue light just wasn't obvious to me. I don't usually associate soft blue with fire emergency. But you're right, I checked out a few and that's what they're there for.

Guest StudiesandObservations

Not for long, word has it that they are doing away with the pull boxes once the last lineman retires. Too costly to maintain anymore, no matter how nostalgic. They ARE for all intents and purposes, literal telegraph machines after all.

theyre taking them down. LOL well atleast I had my fun with them ....yes pull and run as we called it. We'd pull them and run and watch as the fire department would show up and find nothing. Yes juvenile as it was ....it was still fun ...what else was there to do in kearny?

I GUESS SITTING ON YOUR TRAILER PORCH "PICKIN' YOUR BOOGERS" WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION?

NOW WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH ALL YOUR SPARE TIME? CRANK PHONE CALLS MAYBE! :lol:

Guest Firefighter
theyre taking them down. LOL well atleast I had my fun with them ....yes pull and run as we called it. We'd pull them and run and watch as the fire department would show up and find nothing. Yes juvenile as it was ....it was still fun ...what else was there to do in kearny?

Well i am glad you are now an adult....LOL

• 1 month later...

I Too Hold A Special Place In My Heart For The Pull Boxes. It's By Far The Quickest And Easiest Way To Find A Man On The Streets Of Kearny.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived