School Shootings

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

In light of the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech, the Harrison PD should completely fund training and equipment of the Emergency Response Team. Preparation for any tactical event should be paramount.

Please pray for the students at Virginia Tech.

In light of the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech, the Harrison PD should completely fund training and equipment of the Emergency Response Team. Preparation for any tactical event should be paramount.

No need... There is no Emergency Response Team, the new Chief eliminated them when he took office. Another savings to the town of Harrison. In addition he replaced Police officers with Special Officers and Dispatchers. Great plan.

I think the tax payers saved about 3 cents each. Sure hope the surrounding towns did not decide to save a couple of cents as well, who would we call ?

Guest Guest

We can not afford the training or equipment...so sorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy

Yes, What would we do, really ?

If we don't start planning for future problems, especially with this new stadium being built and all the new apartments being built.

What will happen when we have to call upon the three or four working cops on a shift when we really need a trained team of professionals to try to locate and stop a gunman in one of these crowded areas like schools or stadiums. I guess we'll wait until something happens and then all the politicians can make more speeches about how much they care about the residents and children of this town. and how sad it is that nothing could be done.

Guest Guest

I think it's time that the Chief reconsidered his thinking about the Emergency Reponse Team and do what the other Chiefs did in the past. Fund the equipment through grants, and give comp time for necessary training. The price is small considering what would happen if there was an incident and no one was prepared.

Guest Guest

First complaint always we don't get enough funding. BS! Get more than fair share. Too much IMO. This was also was college campus security. Many will be resigning shortly for their lack of correct actions.

Always great to see our so-called heroes hinding behind bushes, trees or cars instead of doing the rigth thing and putting their lives on the line like the people in the classroom did. They are the heroes, not the men in blue.

Guest Guest
First complaint always we don't get enough funding. BS! Get more than fair share. Too much IMO. This was also was college campus security.  Many will be resigning shortly for their lack of correct actions.

Always great to see our so-called heroes hinding behind bushes, trees or cars instead of doing the rigth thing and putting their lives on the line like the people in the classroom did. They are the heroes, not the men in blue.

Its very easy to ridicule and talk down after the fact, but you seem to have info that there is misused funding ,don't hide it , tell all, or are you one of those who find enjoyment in just bitching and are useles to the couse of helping those who need assistance in dealing with the new and crazy things going on in this world today. I'm sure you would be one of those hiding behind trees trying to save your own ass..............

Guest One Who Knows & Cares
I think it's time that the Chief reconsidered his thinking about the Emergency Reponse Team and do what the other Chiefs did in the past. Fund the equipment through grants, and give comp time for necessary training. The price is small considering what would happen if there was an incident and no one was prepared.

This one you can't blame on the chief. There's to many egos involved and budget cuts that have rendered the HPD helpless in this case. Maybe if the jerkoff on the third floor gets together with the jerkoff town attorney (other useless third floor occupant) and the counselor at large who has raped the town's budget more than any cop fireman or teacher get all thier ducks in a row and get available grants and other state and federal funding to properly man their police department things would be better. But until Chris Christie comes in the same old shit will go on. Just wait til the stadium and metrocentre get going. Theres not enough cops to handle it. AND THE TOWN HAS NO EMERGENCY CONTINGENCY PLAN IN PLACE. Way to go assholes!

Guest Guest
Its very easy to ridicule and talk down after the fact, but you seem to have info that there is misused funding ,don't hide it , tell all, or are you one of those who find enjoyment in just bitching and are useles to the couse of helping those who need assistance in dealing with the new and crazy things going on in this world today.    I'm sure you would be one of those hiding behind trees trying to save your own ass..............

Nobody's bitching. My point is civil servants are overpaid, based on total compensation. Includes salary, benefits and retirement.

And if I were an officer, trust me, wouldn't be behind the trees and bushes. Be the first one in the building. And if my kids were in there, wouldn't need a gun.

Guest Guest
This one you can't blame on the chief.  There's to many egos involved and budget cuts that have rendered the HPD helpless in this case.  Maybe if the jerkoff on the third floor gets together with the jerkoff town attorney (other useless third floor occupant) and the counselor at large who has raped the town's budget more than any cop fireman or teacher get all thier ducks in a row and get available grants and other state and federal funding to properly man their police department things would be better.  But until Chris Christie comes in the same old shit will go on.  Just wait til the stadium and metrocentre get going.  Theres not enough cops to handle it.  AND THE TOWN HAS NO EMERGENCY CONTINGENCY PLAN IN PLACE.  Way to go assholes!

What is needed, is strong leadership by the Chief. There was a 12 officer Emergency Response Team in place with a plan for the schools that was put in place by the former Chief. All, the new Chief had to do was to continue it. There is no excuse about lack of money. If something happens, who will get the blame. Not the politicians, they will point the finger at the Chief.

Guest guest
Nobody's bitching. My point is civil servants are overpaid, based on total compensation. Includes salary, benefits and retirement.

And if I were an officer, trust me, wouldn't be behind the trees and bushes. Be the first one in the building. And if my kids were in there, wouldn't need a gun.

LOOK, ITS FREAKIN' CLARK KENT! WELCOME TO THE WEB!

Guest Guest

Is it really true that there is no more tactical team left in Harrison ?

Did the new chief really get rid of them ?

Does the mayor know about this ?

Why wasnt this put in the paper ?

This town is getting worse and worse .