Has anyone noticed an increase in poor parking?

Nicky

It seems to me like every time I go to make a turn in this town, there is a car (or more often, a large SUV or truck) parked in the yellow space on the very end of each block, making it EXTREMELY difficult to see if there is oncoming traffic racing towards your car. I've had at least ten "close calls" in the past month alone due to inconsiderate people too lazy to park halfway up the block or around the corner. Do our cops even care? Somehow I don't think they do, considering that around the police station, they tend to do it themselves; also considering that when I worked at Shop-Rite, I saw police officers parking in the "DO NOT PARK- FIRE LANE" section *every* *single* *day*. It's not even like they were on real police business; one officer came in just about daily for lunch, parking improperly every time. These officers can visit Dunkin Donuts ten times a day, and yell at kids hanging out near the library or a public park four or five times in one afternoon, but apparantly they don't care about anything that causes us real danger and don't even care if they are the ones causing it themselves. Seriously, is there anything we can do about this? I'd sure be a hell of alot happier if they spent the money we're all paying them on actually, oh I don't know, doing their jobs? What happened to the whole "serve and protect" thing that everyone tries to jam down our throats as kids? I've only seen an officer serving or protecting anyone once or maybe twice in my twenty three years in this town.

It seems to me like every time I go to make a turn in this town, there is a car (or more often, a large SUV or truck) parked in the yellow space on the very end of each block, making it EXTREMELY difficult to see if there is oncoming traffic racing towards your car.

It's not just you. I'll leave it at that.

Guest Guest_Manny Ventoso Jr._*
It seems to me like every time I go to make a turn in this town, there is a car (or more often, a large SUV or truck) parked in the yellow space on the very end of each block, making it EXTREMELY difficult to see if there is oncoming traffic racing towards your car. I've had at least ten "close calls" in the past month alone due to inconsiderate people too lazy to park halfway up the block or around the corner. Do our cops even care? Somehow I don't think they do, considering that around the police station, they tend to do it themselves; also considering that when I worked at Shop-Rite, I saw police officers parking in the "DO NOT PARK- FIRE LANE" section *every* *single* *day*. It's not even like they were on real police business; one officer came in just about daily for lunch, parking improperly every time. These officers can visit Dunkin Donuts ten times a day, and yell at kids hanging out near the library or a public park four or five times in one afternoon, but apparantly they don't care about anything that causes us real danger and don't even care if they are the ones causing it themselves. Seriously, is there anything we can do about this? I'd sure be a hell of alot happier if they spent the money we're all paying them on actually, oh I don't know, doing their jobs? What happened to the whole "serve and protect" thing that everyone tries to jam down our throats as kids? I've only seen an officer serving or protecting anyone once or maybe twice in my twenty three years in this town.

First off STOP bashing the K.P.D, and since you are a retard, KPD means Kearny Police Dept. Second i am guessing you are 23 yrs old and just got your license, were you to stupid to get it when you turned 17. Third, i'm not a cop, but my god does it bother me when you get on here and have the balls to blast them. I drive my daughter everyday to Schuyler School and they are there in the morning , afternoon and when school is out making sure that no one is parked on yellow lines , near stop signs etc etc. Fourth , i do my banking in one of the busiest part of town, there is ALWAYS a police car on Kearny Ave between Bergen and the Library, Do us all a favor stop talking SHIT. Good luck with your bagging job at shop-rite. Fifth and last , hey if you are really losing sleep about all the B.S you typed in your post, why just not go and complain to the Chief, he is a great guy and loves to listen, but of course, all i see you doing is hiding behind your computer screen.

Guest Guest

Drive past shoprite and everyone parks in the fire lane....Give them tickets in the yellow?....then you will be complaining that there is nowhere to park and the police are giving you tickets for no reason...get a life...Personally id rather the cops getting rid of the trash near the library then giving a ticket to a person parked in the yellow while they run into a store to get a sanwhich. you probablly still live with mom and dad, so You aren't paying for anything the cops do...

Guest Guest

Do you really think an Officer would go to shoprite on a daily basis for lunch? Give me a break. You have no idea why they were called there. Oh by the way you just got your license at the age of 23? Sounds like a white trash soap opera!

Guest Stop The Name Calling

You people make me sick to my stomach, with this name calling business. Did you ever stop to THINK that maybe this young person waited until they could afford to buy a car and get insurance before getting their license. I live in this town my entire life, and I have seen more traffic infractions here in Kearny than anywhere else. To the person who drives their child to school everyday, yes the police are at the schools to ensure the safety of the children. But, I will bet, that you have a driveway and do not have to search for a parking spot when you come home.

How dare you call this young person a retard, there is nothing wrong with getting your license at any age. And so what if he bags groceries at Shop Rite, at least he has a job! So stop your bullsht and try to imagine what it must be like for a new driver.

Guest Guest
First off STOP bashing the K.P.D, and since you are a retard, KPD means Kearny Police Dept. Second  i am guessing you are 23 yrs old and just got your license, were you to stupid to get it when you turned 17. Third, i'm not a cop, but my god does it bother me when you get on here and have the balls to blast them. I drive  my daughter everyday to Schuyler School and they are there in the morning , afternoon and when school is out making sure that no one is parked on yellow lines , near stop signs etc etc. Fourth , i do my banking in one of the busiest part of town, there is ALWAYS a police car on Kearny Ave between Bergen and the Library, Do us all a favor stop talking SHIT. Good luck with your bagging job at shop-rite. Fifth and last , hey if you are really losing sleep about all the B.S you typed in your post, why just not go and complain to the Chief, he is a great guy and loves to listen, but of course, all i see you doing is hiding behind your computer screen.

That was alittle harsh wasn't it? The person had valid complaints. I don't know about the police illegally parking, but I do see it everyday near the library and Dunkin donuts. From the library to Bergen Ave is horrible with all the double parking and cars pulled in illegal spots. I'm glad Schuyler school has a police car there 3 times a day, thats funny since I've never seen them near other schools. :)

Please don't say theres "always" a police car between Bergen and the library, because there isn't. I wouldn't dare bash the KPD, they do a great job , they do drive up and down the complete Avenue. The parking on the corners in the "boxes" is a hazard, but so is the flat-bed truck double-parked on the side of the library a few times a week dropping off cars at the dealers. Now thats an accident waiting to happen!

First off STOP bashing the K.P.D, and since you are a retard,

Okay, so you yell at someone for saying something negative about the KPD, and in the same sentence you turn around and call someone you've likely never even met a retard for no apparent reason? Good going, D**bA**.

KPD means Kearny Police Dept.

What gave you the impression she didn't know that?

Second  i am guessing you are 23 yrs old and just got your license,

Wow, what a F**KING brilliant deduction, Sherlock, considering she stated both her age and that she got her license recently explicitly in her post.

were you to stupid to get it when you turned 17.

Here's a hint, stupid: don't call someone "stupid" if you don't know your to/too/two. I learned that in third grade and never forgot it. What's your excuse?

Third, i'm not a cop,

Glad for that.

but my god does it bother me when you get on here and have the balls to blast them.

Have you considered that maybe she has a point? I've seen KPD cruisers in the same spot she's talking about too.

I drive  my daughter everyday to Schuyler School and they are there in the morning , afternoon and when school is out making sure that no one is parked on yellow lines , near stop signs etc etc.

This sounds just like the "Paszkiewicz does good thing X, therefore he can do no wrong" argument. How incredibly weak.

Fourth , i do my banking in one of the busiest part of town, there is ALWAYS a police car on Kearny Ave between Bergen and the Library,

So? If that cop car is just sitting there doing nothing, you're actually fueling Nicky's argument. Good going.

Do us all a favor stop talking SHIT.

You'd do well to take your own advice.

Do you really think an Officer would go to shoprite on a daily basis for lunch?

Considering she said she used to work there, I would suggest she wasn't merely speculating.

Give me a break. You have no idea why they were called there.

But, of course, you obviously know better than someone who used to spend her entire work day in that area. Why is that again?

Oh by the way you just got your license at the age of 23? Sounds like a white trash soap opera!

Wow...no wonder you're posting anonymously.

Guest Guest

JUST REMEMBER THEY CAN PARK WHERE AND WHENEVER THEY WANT! SO SORRY NUMBNUTS. SHOPRITE RULES................. AT 23 YOU ARE A LOSER........... I JUST GOT MY LICENSE AND DRIVE A 1984 DODGE ARIES K.......................

You people make me sick to my stomach, with this name calling business. Did you ever stop to THINK that maybe this young person waited until they could afford to buy a car and get insurance before getting their license.

Yeah, seriously. I am holding out on buying my own car as long as humanly possible. Those insurance costs are no joke. :blink:

I live in this town my entire life, and I have seen more traffic infractions here in Kearny than anywhere else. To the person who drives their child to school everyday, yes the police are at the schools to ensure the safety of the children. But, I will bet, that you have a driveway and do not have to search for a parking spot when you come home.

How dare you call this young person a retard, there is nothing wrong with getting your license at any age. And so what if he bags groceries at Shop Rite, at least he has a job!  So stop your bullsht and try to imagine what it must be like for a new driver.

*chuckles* Just a small correction, I'm pretty sure the poster you're talking about is female. B)

JUST REMEMBER THEY CAN PARK WHERE AND WHENEVER THEY WANT!

('cause ALL CAPS makes an argument true! :blink: )

Just because one is allowed to do something, doesn't mean that they are automatically justified in doing it. In the absence of an emergency or other time-critical situation, doing things like parking in restricted areas, running red lights etc. is an abuse of the 'power' police are given.

SO SORRY NUMBNUTS. SHOPRITE RULES................. AT 23 YOU ARE A LOSER...........

Her complaint is wholly valid. You must be projecting, calling someone a loser for no good reason.

I JUST GOT MY LICENSE AND DRIVE A 1984 DODGE ARIES K.......................

Who cares? What does that have to do with anything?

Guest "We Are Anonymous"

I'm not going to sit here and making sweeping accusations I cannot back up, or justify like some have already. I will however contribute that double-parking is horrible in this town, that people do indeed park where they shouldn't (and in some cases overnight), and there are many irresponsible drivers specifically on Devon street once school lets out. I watched as a teenage girl with a van full of teenagers (5 passengers were visible) continually backed up into a car behind her, and then bumped into the car infront of her (she was parallel parked) as her friends cheered her on, and then she took off laughing. This isn't the first time this has happened though as it's pretty much a daily event at around 2:40 PM.

I can't say I am a perfect driver, but I actually use turn signals, park within 6 inches of the curb, park only in designated spots, don't blindly pull out of a spot into traffic expecting traffic to stop just for me, don't try to beat pedestrian traffic at cross walks (some girl was within an actual inch of hitting me as I was walking in the middle of the cross walk before she made the left-hand turn off Kearny Ave.), look before going through a stop sign, and don't make the right-hand turn on red when the sign says it's not permitted. It's just common courtesy, and the responsibility that should be used driving, and is generally ignored in this area. I forget to put on a blinker every now and then, but I don't make it my mission to inconvience other drivers. When I first got my own license and drove one of my parents cars I never had more than a single person in the car until I was able to improve my driving ability.

I can't say I am a perfect driver, but I actually use turn signals, park within 6 inches of the curb,

Thank you! I never understood why it's so hard for people to park close to the curb, geez. Just yesterday I saw one that must have had the front end pointing out into the street at about a 30 degree angle. <_<

Guest NewCarPrep
First off STOP bashing the K.P.D, and since you are a retard, KPD means Kearny Police Dept. Second  i am guessing you are 23 yrs old and just got your license, were you to stupid to get it when you turned 17. Third, i'm not a cop, but my god does it bother me when you get on here and have the balls to blast them. I drive  my daughter everyday to Schuyler School and they are there in the morning , afternoon and when school is out making sure that no one is parked on yellow lines , near stop signs etc etc. Fourth , i do my banking in one of the busiest part of town, there is ALWAYS a police car on Kearny Ave between Bergen and the Library, Do us all a favor stop talking SHIT. Good luck with your bagging job at shop-rite. Fifth and last , hey if you are really losing sleep about all the B.S you typed in your post, why just not go and complain to the Chief, he is a great guy and loves to listen, but of course, all i see you doing is hiding behind your computer screen.

The Chief better come to grips with the fact that he is being played by those dealers.

Guest Direct

In your eyes the Chief is a great guy but in other individuals eyes he is viewed as a liar and a danger to public safety

Guest Guest
you will have to wate until the next news conference too GUTS? against a dangerous liar. Please!

Riiight..typical Internet Commando..All talk no Go.... God how i love these "insiders" who never actually say anything...Tough talk one and all.