Quality Of Life

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I want to start a meaningful discussion here about what is really important. The quality of life. I think this message board is a fantastic forum to discuss issues about Harrsion. After all, you can't do it at a town meeting. All I read so far is how diverse our town is but everyone hates each other. Houses down the shore, taxes, town jobs don't mean anything. They are meaningless. We have to pay taxes, they are not and cannot go down. That is the way it is today. But what has to be done is maximize the value of your tax dollar. So no garbage responses on this board (start another subject) and no ethnic responses at all. This is about what can be done to clean this town and make it a better place. I'm personally tired of the garbage, noise and lack of respect from our leaders. What I am hoping to start with this is to get people who are really concerned and start some kind of organization to get things straightened out here. I am going to read the responses for a few weeks and see if anyone is really interested. I would appreciate comments from everyone. I have debated doing this for awhile and thought I had no interest or time, but this is my first step. I'm taking over and anyone who wants to follow can. It's ironic, as i'm writing this cars are speeding up and down the streets with car alarms going off every minute. This is what I will stop. This is exactly why I'm taking over. I'm tired of being told to talk to the mayor or council. They have no ears. I WILL NOT lower taxes, don;t care who works for the town, but I WILL make it a better community. Clean, safe and truly diverse and friendly. I welcome all meaningful comments. Please let me know what is really important to you. Oh and by the way, my garabge is just getting picked up at noon.

Guest Patrick D.

How do you propose to make it a better community, clean, safe and diverse? If your not a public official you won't be able to accomplish anything. Come out in the open and put your name on the ballot. That is the only way you can accomplish change. And, you will need more then yourself elected. You will need an entire ticket to change the way the Town is run.

Guest Studiesandobservations

The ONLY thing that politicians respond to is a threat against their positions..G.R.I.P. Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians..The only power you have against government is as a Voter. The only Message that these folks will listen to is precisely that...VOTES. IF enough citizens in Harriosn are unhappy about the conditions then the people responsible, ie the current administrations will either be voted out, OR have a clear message sent as to just how Close the races are run. Voting is not just a right, it is actually a DUTY.

I find it incredibly difficult to take anyone serious who will not disclose their identity and although he/she sights what seems to be problems with what is, fails to offer ever basic solutions that could possibly benefit others.

I would like to help you, but before I can support you I feel you must first (throw your hat in the ring) as they say, and identify yourself.

I really think this is the wrong forum for this but, I wish you luck and I'll be watching.

Guest COSMO
Bringing the Metrostars to the town of Harrison, will not improve the "QUALITY OF LIFE" OF HARRISON! This Mayor and council are screwing everything up.

Archived