Lucky Us

Guest Uncle Sam

Guest Uncle Sam

Happy fourth of July everybody. We are very lucky people that we have the right to voice our opinions and complaints on a board like this. Lets keep that in mind while we celebrate this holiday of freedom. Be safe and enjoy the weekend. Let freedom RING! :unsure:

Guest Guest
Happy fourth of July everybody. We are very lucky people that we have the right to voice our opinions and complaints on a board like this. Lets keep that in mind while we celebrate this holiday of freedom. Be safe and enjoy the weekend. Let freedom RING! :)

Does anyone know what the phrase "let freedom ring" means.

It's Ring.

My country, ’tis of thee,

Sweet land of liberty,

Of thee I sing;

Land where my fathers died,

Land of the pilgrims’ pride,

From every mountainside,

Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,

Land of the noble free,

Thy name I love;

I love thy rocks and rills,

Thy woods and templed hills;

My heart with rapture thrills,

Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,

And ring from all the trees,

Sweet freedom’s song;

Let mortal tongues awake;

Let all that breathe partake;

Let rocks their silence break,

The sound prolong.

Our fathers’ God, to Thee,

Author of liberty,

To Thee we sing;

Long may our land be bright

With freedom’s holy light;

Protect us by Thy might,

Great God, our King.

Guest Guest
It is ring....does the Liberty Bell strike a bell? Don't they teach any American history in the Kearny Schools anymore?

It's got nothing to do with the Liberty Bell you idiot!

Take a lesson from the HeyDuke kid response. :blink:

Guest Guest

OK good job on the lyrics, but do you know anything about the Liberty bell? The Declaration of Independence etc. I'm just wondering if Aamerican History is taught in the public school system. Thanks

Looks like a debate between the HeyDuke kids. I hope the one with the Quaker beard and the giant belly wins. :blink:

uh.. huh..

that wasn't even an argument, nor was i involved with it. thanks for your consideration though.

OK good job on the lyrics, but do you know anything about the Liberty bell? The Declaration of Independence etc. I'm just wondering if Aamerican History is taught in the public school system. Thanks

i don't ever recall a lesson about the Liberty Bell.. and i just graduated this year so i'm fresh out of the Kearny public education system. to be honest, their lesson plans are really off in the entire History department. there are tons of important events that were never even touched upon.

most kids these days couldn't tell you what Independence Day was without mentioning Will Smith.

OK good job on the lyrics, but do you know anything about the Liberty bell? The Declaration of Independence etc.  I'm just wondering if Aamerican History is taught in the public school system. Thanks

On July 8, 1776, with the Liberty Bell ringing out from the tower of Independence Hall summoning citizens to hear the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence by Colonel John Nixon.

Guest StudiesandObservations
Very nice job HeyDuke. Isn't that the UK national anthem?

It was at one point..Until we changed it to suit our needs, Much as "Yankee Doodle" was a popular english drinking song until it was reworked here. Even the Melody for the "Star Spangled Banner" was originally a popular British tune.

Archived