Cleanup Kearny Avenue

Guest Disgusted

Guest Disgusted

Mayor Santos,

Last night my wife and I were on Kearny Ave by the movies and coffee shop. That area needs a police presence. It, really is disgrace to Kearny.

The Police have to see it when they patrol. What is the problem?

Does the Police Chief live in town? If so take a walk Chief look at what goes on up there. If what I seen last night is the norm you better do more to cleanup the town. As for us we'll have to change the route of our walk.Another win for the bad guys.

Disgusted Citizen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Mayor Santos,

Last night my wife and I were on Kearny Ave by the movies and coffee shop. That area needs a police presence. It, really is disgrace to Kearny.

The Police have to see it when they patrol. What is the problem?

Does the Police Chief live in town? If so take a walk Chief look at what goes on up there. If what I seen last night is the norm you better do more to cleanup the town. As for us we'll have to change the route of our walk.Another win for the bad guys.

Disgusted Citizen

If you think that area is bad, why don't you take a walk down by Bergen Ave.

Guest Guest
those kids need to get a good smack in the face. especially the coffee shop, all the little lesbian inbreds.. disgusting.

It's a wonderful family place.

Why is a police presence needed? What's a disgrace? What do the police have to see?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

i'm kinda wonderin the same thing, but i'm figuring it's the kids that hang out around there. they're loud and incredibly disrespectful.

Guest chestnut st resident

Yeah Bergen Ave is bad, as is Kearny Ave near the movies. That horrible coffee shop on the corner is a disgrace!

But my complaint is the corner by the library on Kearny Ave!!!!!! You could probably buy whatever drug you want up there with that bunch! The big attractions are the INTERNET CAFE'S they come up with, seriously, can't we get rid of that crap on the Avenue???? Theres one up on Kearny Ave near the Pike that I believe is closing...thank goodness!

Why do our police not concentrate on those areas at night? At least press the "curfew" issue with them...........my home was broken into once, and an attempted break in another time, HELLO!!!

Yeah Bergen Ave is bad, as is Kearny Ave near the movies. That horrible coffee shop on the corner is a disgrace!

But my complaint is the corner by the library on Kearny Ave!!!!!! You could probably buy whatever drug you want up there with that bunch! The big attractions are the INTERNET CAFE'S they come up with, seriously, can't we get rid of that crap on the Avenue???? Theres one up on Kearny Ave near the Pike that I believe is closing...thank goodness!

Why do our police not concentrate on those areas at night? At least press the "curfew" issue with them...........my home was broken into once, and an attempted break in another time, HELLO!!!

i agree with all of that. i would hang out at the Latinnet back when it first opened, before the entire place was overrun with delinquents. now that whole area (Latinnet, the Library, the convenience store across the street) has become a damn street pharmacy. it's sad how much can go on right under people's noses.

Guest Elm Hickory Maple Chestnut Ivy O

lol i see the kids are still the same as always.

The best are jumpings....one thing i remember about growing up in kearny

is if you were alone and had beef with some kid ...and that kid was with a group of his friends...well thier wasn't going to be a fair fight. I witnessed some big kearny ave brawls they were cool ....I never got involved however I was an observer just a spectator on the side line cheering one side or the other on. But Ive also seen some violent sh!t ...like people getting stabbed one incident (march 29th 1999 on the corner of kearny and woodland ave some kid got stabbed by some rice and bean eater from newark) I dunno who the kid was or if he lived but dam that was some crazy stuff. The best fights where the girl fights man Ive seen some good ones especialy while I was in Lincoln school. In high school all the good fights were held down in front of "My Deli" on Davis ave. I even saw a kid beat up his girlfriend there. It was bloody to say the least....Then on to the PBGC up on kearny ave I remember one kid got beaten up so bad he ended up in the hospital...that was a jumping one of the few I participated in there were atleast 20 of us against 3 of them 2 of wich took off and left the other to get whooped. Kearny was and always will be one violent play ground.

The problem the poice have is that the kids, regardless of how much we hate them, aren't doing anything wrong. If they are they really can't prove it. All the police do is tell them to move and stop loittering. Then they'll leave to go somewhere else or come back in half an hour.

Guest Guest
lol i see the kids are still the same as always.

The best are jumpings....one thing i remember about growing up in kearny

is if you were alone and had beef with some kid ...and that kid was with a group of his friends...well thier wasn't going to be a fair fight. I witnessed some big kearny ave brawls they were cool ....I never got involved however I was an observer just a spectator on the side line cheering one side or the other on. But Ive also seen some violent sh!t ...like people getting stabbed one incident (march 29th 1999 on the corner of kearny and woodland ave some kid got stabbed by some rice and bean eater from newark) I dunno who the kid was or if he lived but dam that was some crazy stuff. The best fights where the girl fights man Ive seen some good ones especialy while I was in Lincoln school. In high school all the good fights were held down in front of "My Deli" on Davis ave. I even saw a kid beat up his girlfriend there. It was bloody to say the least....Then on to the PBGC up on kearny ave I remember one kid got beaten up so bad he ended up in the hospital...that was a jumping one of the few I participated in there were atleast 20 of us against 3 of them 2 of wich took off and left the other to get whooped. Kearny was and always will be one violent play ground.

These kids couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. The most annoying thing is that they are just ugly to look at.

Don't the girls have any mirrors at home? The guts and asses on them are a disgrace. I can't imagine what will happen when they hit their thirties and forties. Or after they blow out a few filthy savages of their own. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

I find it hard to believe they can do NOTHING! This town is turning to shit right under our noses. They only hang out on those corners, BECAUSE THEY CAN! No one is seriously chasing them away. The previous owner of Pizzarama on Kearny Ave had told me he CONSTANTLY asked the kids to move from his store front, unsuccessfully, so he'd call the cops. they would pass by and tell them to move it. they would leave for 5 minutes and be right back. The police know the "hot spot" in this town. What ever happened to FOOT PATROL? God knows we pay enough taxes to entitle us to officers walking the beat! Put an officer by the movies, and near the library. Let people feel safe walking the streets again! I don't care how many plants you line up alone Kearny avenue, when the sun goes down.....its the same old crap!

Guest StudiesandObservations
The police know the "hot spot" in this town. What ever happened to FOOT PATROL? God knows we pay enough taxes to entitle us to officers walking the beat! Put an officer by the movies, and near the library. Let people feel safe walking the streets again! I don't care how many plants you line up alone Kearny avenue, when the sun goes down.....its the same old crap!

Chief Dowie is probably the most approachable and affable person who has held that office in the last decade. ASK HIM if it would be possible to assign foot posts to those areas. You can call and make an appointment to see him, Or, better yet, Ask him at a Council Meeting. He attends every one.

Guest Guest
The police know the "hot spot" in this town. What ever happened to FOOT PATROL? God knows we pay enough taxes to entitle us to officers walking the beat! Put an officer by the movies, and near the library. Let people feel safe walking the streets again! I don't care how many plants you line up alone Kearny avenue, when the sun goes down.....its the same old crap!

Chief Dowie is probably the most approachable and affable person who has held that office in the last decade. ASK HIM if it would be possible to assign foot posts to those areas. You can call and make an appointment to see him, Or, better yet, Ask him at a Council Meeting. He attends every one.

Why should anyone have to friggin' ask him. Doesn't he see it himself?

Guest Guest

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll do that! But unfortunately, if only one or two people make this type of request, will anyone REALLY think its a problem? WORTH A SHOT! WISH ME LUCK ;)

Guest anonymous

you know, just because some kids are annoying does not make them lesbian inbreds. get a life. youre so ignorant. dont insult gay people but saying garbage like that. perhaps youre the inbred one.

you know, just because some kids are annoying does not make them lesbian inbreds. get a life. youre so ignorant. dont insult gay people but saying garbage like that. perhaps youre the inbred one.

no.. that wasn't some silly insult or anything, that is genuinely what they are. i don't have any problem with the gay community or anything, but i don't want to see these overweight, acne-ridden girls with faces that look like their mother did crack during her pregnancy, up on the Ave where they're all huggy-kissy. public displays of affection are completely disrespectful, and so is being loud and obscene while you're doing it.

you need to not make the assumption that I'M making an assumption.

Guest Much Respect

PUBE, thats the most intelligent thing I, personally, have heard you say. I'm one of your biggest critics, but I can relate to your last statement. Am I going nutz? I really liked your assumption line. Reminded me of Regans..."I Disagree without being disagreeable." ...line. :unsure::rolleyes::D

Guest Guest

ITS NOT JUST THE "LOOKS" OF THE KIDS ON THE AVE THAT'S

DISGUSTING IT'S THEIR DISRESPECT FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AROUND THEM! I WATCHED A GROUP THIS EVENING ACROSS FROM THE LIBRARY NEAR THE BAR TRYING TO KICK DOWN A TREE. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WALKING PAST THEM, BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW SOME ELDERLY PEOPLE FEEL. THEY HANG FROM THE LIBRARY, TO THE SPANISH STORE ACROSS THE STREET, (WHO SELLS THEM CIGS WITHOUT ID, BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY)

AND I CALL IT "THE SPANISH STORE" BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE NAME, SO SAVE THE RACIST REMARKS,

UP TO DUNKIN DONUTS, AND ALL ACROSS THE STREE IN FRONT OF THAT INTERNET SHITHOLE.

BETWEEN THE RECORD HIGH TAXES AND THE SHAPE OF OUR LOVELY TOWN, NO WONDER THE GOOD FAMILIES ARE MOVING AWAY, AND WE'RE GETTING ALL THE TRASH!

Guest Guest 99

DISGUSTING  IT'S THEIR DISRESPECT FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AROUND THEM!  I WATCHED A GROUP THIS EVENING ACROSS FROM THE LIBRARY NEAR THE BAR TRYING TO KICK DOWN A TREE. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WALKING PAST THEM, BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW SOME ELDERLY PEOPLE FEEL. THEY HANG FROM THE LIBRARY, TO THE SPANISH  STORE ACROSS THE STREET, (WHO SELLS THEM CIGS WITHOUT ID, BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY)

AND I CALL IT "THE SPANISH STORE" BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE NAME, SO SAVE THE RACIST REMARKS,

UP TO DUNKIN DONUTS, AND ALL ACROSS THE STREE IN FRONT OF THAT INTERNET SHITHOLE.

BETWEEN THE RECORD HIGH TAXES AND THE SHAPE OF OUR LOVELY TOWN, NO WONDER THE GOOD FAMILIES ARE MOVING AWAY, AND WE'RE GETTING ALL THE TRASH!

Are you talking about todays kids? It sounds just like the 50'S and 60's to me. :rolleyes::unsure::D:P:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PUBE, thats the most intelligent thing I, personally, have heard you say. I'm one of your biggest critics, but I can relate to your last statement. Am I going nutz? I really liked your assumption line. Reminded me of Regans..."I Disagree without being disagreeable." ...line. :unsure::rolleyes::D

well.. thanks :P

DISGUSTING IT'S THEIR DISRESPECT FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AROUND THEM! I WATCHED A GROUP THIS EVENING ACROSS FROM THE LIBRARY NEAR THE BAR TRYING TO KICK DOWN A TREE. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WALKING PAST THEM, BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW SOME ELDERLY PEOPLE FEEL. THEY HANG FROM THE LIBRARY, TO THE SPANISH STORE ACROSS THE STREET, (WHO SELLS THEM CIGS WITHOUT ID, BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY)

don't worry, i don't know the name of that store either :rolleyes:

i think it used to be Rebimba's or something to that effect, but i believe they changed it. on that note, sometimes i think a lot of elderly folk might look at me a tad weird (what with the fatness, beard, and heavy metal t-shirts) but at least i don't cause problems like these kids. they completely lack respect, and that really disappoints me. i hate to be cliche and say that "Kearny is getting worse" but.. the youth are growing more and more loud and obnoxious ever year.

Guest Guest

DISGUSTING  IT'S THEIR DISRESPECT FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AROUND THEM!   I WATCHED A GROUP THIS EVENING ACROSS FROM THE LIBRARY NEAR THE BAR TRYING TO KICK DOWN A TREE. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WALKING PAST THEM, BUT I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW SOME ELDERLY PEOPLE FEEL. THEY HANG FROM THE LIBRARY, TO THE SPANISH  STORE ACROSS THE STREET, (WHO SELLS THEM CIGS WITHOUT ID, BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY)

Are you talking about todays kids? It sounds just like the 50'S and 60's to me. :rolleyes::unsure::D:P:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you kidding? As somewone who lived here in the 50's and 60's, you need serious glasses

Archived