Police Promotions

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There are going to be several more promotions made at the Harrison PD and they are well overdue. Good luck to the new future Sargeants and Lieutenants. This may increase taxes slightly, but whats the difference, they are going up anyway. Whats a few more bucks to the taxpayers for this vital service they are receiving? I say money well spent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

"Vinnie Greene wins election for Harrison Mayor" That would really s**k for some people in town. But I guarentee the axe would fall without hesitatation and the tax bills would be a fraction of what they are now. The town "officials, J/O's, whatever......felt that encouraging him to retire would be the cure-all. Guess what, he is most likely living it up while the town goes to @@@@. Good luck. See ya.

Guest Guest

:angry:

Vinny Greene as Mayor???

What drug are you on???

#1: The guy is an absolute idiot.

#2: He was totally divisive and spiteful.

Both the department and the town are better with his riddance.

Kudos to Doran for kicking Greene’s butt out of the town.

Say what you want about how pinkish Doran might be, there is no one- and I mean no one- that’s man enough across town that’s willing to take Doran on- and that includes McDonough.

Post what you may. Just try going up against him in a campaign. That’s when Doran separates the girls from the boys.

As far as Greene goes….shore crossing guard, maybe.

But probably not as a Wal-Mart security guard. He just won’t get the reference he needs from Doran.

Guest Guest

If you think for one minute that Vinnie Greene needs money or that Doran ran him out of town, you are a bigger fool than thought possible. Vinnie could buy you and your entire family 10 times over, and as for Doran, he has not done one thing for the police but get his J/O drinking buddy promoted to Sargeant. Now the Sgt. thinks everyone loves him when 90 % of the cops hate his guts because they know what happened. Dorans strong series of accomplishments as police Committee Chairman should put him over the top as next Mayor. At least it will ensure that the fireman are not drug or alcohol tested because of the nepotism he shares with the HFD. What a master plan. Get a life.

First of all NOBODY ran Vinnie out of town, least of all that half a sissy councilmen.

Vinnie was fed up with the prissy behavior of a couple of boy cops who had the sissys' attention and as a result made it very difficult for a department head to discipline where it was extremely called for.

I hope the Mayor and the rest of the town council learned a lesson by the past.

Vinnie may have had his faults but everyone has to admit, he was a great administrator. If you compare him to those administrators of the past and present he was one of the best, at least he had a pair and was his own man.

He's gone now, and you don't have to be afraid anymore, you can continue with the silly crap because at least for the time being there seems to be no penality for acting like a fool.

Guest Guest

Thru all the bad-mouthing, articles in the paper, lawsuits, and other antics nothing substantial was gained. If you think that the unlimited sick time is forever, you are sadly mistaken. Once they take away the unused sick time from the guys who had a substantial amount saved, which amount$ to big money, within a few years you are going right back to the fifteen days. Time to wake up guys, look at the long term instead of the temporary benefit, again, for the very few.

Guest Hmmmmmm
Thru all the bad-mouthing, articles in the paper, lawsuits, and other antics nothing substantial was gained. If you think that the unlimited sick time is forever, you are sadly mistaken. Once they take away the unused sick time from the guys who had a substantial amount saved, which amount$ to big money, within a few years you are going right back to the fifteen days. Time to wake up guys, look at the long term instead of the temporary benefit, again, for the very few.

Of course it was pretty interesting seeing ol Vineister atanding up at the Town Council Meeting in his Shore Town, talking about how it was an insult to th e taxpayers to give the retiring chief of police somewhere in the area of$130,000 for unused sick time.....HOW much did he and HIS brother collect when they retired????

Guest Guest

how bout we get dougie gogal back part time....i mean i no the cops around here are a$$holes but seriously they cant even direct traffic...they'er either in the way and have no idea what they are doin...or thry stand on the corner and paly wit themselves..

another thing is how we letin cops on the force that way over 300 pounds...i mean i see this one guy driven in the little cart and he ways more than the thing...wat the hell can he do to prevent crime....and i see the same cop all the time in in the mini mall parking lot at night doin absolutley nuttin and its not like its for 5 min. either...on the real hes their for hours...

holla attch your boy

Guest Guest

Who ever is spreading the last rumor doesn't have his facts straight. The shore town Chief is not retiring, and no one got up at a meeting and spoke aginst him, so Bobby R. and John T stop spreading that rumor. ;)

Guest 2nd ward voter

Why are you bunch of miscreants so fixated on Vinnie. He's been gone over a year, but you still write about him. You call him an idiot, when it was he who came out first on every promotion test. You said he couldn't get a job as a Walmart security job, and it is he that holds a Masters Degree from Rutgers University.

From what I hear, Vinnie is very happy to be out of Harrison and is enjoying his life at the Jersey Shore and wintering in Florida. It is you misfits who continue to be unhappy. Get a life or quit the department. Your all qualified for a job at McDonald's. :lol::lol:;)

Guest Guest

Why get Doug Gogal back? A trained monkey can direct traffic. He couldnt do real police work like make an arrest or type up a report or any other police function if his life depended on it. I think it was wrong to put his name on the street sign. Why not name Bergen Street between the Blvd. and 5th St. Ronnie Reed Way. He stands there more than Doug stood at F.E.R. & Harrison Ave. A street should only be named after an all around great cop who knew the entire job and had accomplishments. What great accomplishment did he achieve? The only reason all the cops thought he was so great was because he stood on the corner which meant they didn't have to. Everytime he was out they bitched about him like he did something wrong. Get with the times. the nature of police work has changed.

Guest Guest

The guy is so full fo himself that he asked the Mayor for a part time Cops job. Just what we need, another Moose, with no gun but the entire HPD uniform, in the park.

Guest Joe Valichi

I hear Vinnie has been hired by one of the leading study groups for the next round of promotions. If you want to be number one on any test sign up. :blink:

Guest Guest
Why are you bunch of miscreants so fixated on Vinnie. He's been gone over a year, but you still write about him. You call him an idiot, when it was he who came out first on every promotion test. You said he couldn't get a job as a Walmart security job, and it is he that holds a Masters Degree from Rutgers University.

From what I hear, Vinnie is very happy to be out of Harrison and is enjoying his life at the Jersey Shore and wintering in Florida. It is you misfits who continue to be unhappy. Get a life or quit the department. Your all qualified for a job at McDonald's. :lol::lol::lol:

WOW VG is finally vacationing!!!!! he never took any days while he was with the police dept. Just in case you are not aware,he had 400 vacation days when he retired and got a quarter of a million dollars of your tax dollars, just like his brother in the fire dept did. So please give me a break about him being happy he probably is still the same miserable PRICK when he was chief.

Guest Harrison Resident

From what I hear, Vinnie is very happy to be out of Harrison and is enjoying his life at the Jersey Shore and wintering in Florida. It is you misfits who continue to be unhappy. Get a life or quit the department. Your all qualified for a job at McDonald's. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

WOW VG is finally vacationing!!!!! he never took any days while he was with the police dept. Just in case you are not aware,he had 400 vacation days when he retired and got a quarter of a million dollars of your tax dollars, just like his brother in the fire dept did. So please give me a break about him being happy he probably is still the same miserable PRICK when he was chief.

Vinnie may not have been a very good people person and yes he did lack personality, but he was a good administrator.

Guest intheknow

so will chief t from pd and chief tk from hfd. isnt it a travesty that

the chiefs and deparment heads are not held to the use your

vacation by years end? clearly discriminatory. they will be

entitled to the MOST money upon retirement, isnt this the

reason for this in the 1st place????? tell your

councilpeople about this.............

Guest Guest
so will chief t from pd and chief tk from hfd. isnt it a travesty that

the chiefs and deparment heads are not held to the use your

vacation by years end? clearly discriminatory. they will be

entitled to the MOST money upon retirement, isnt this the

reason for this in the 1st place????? tell your

councilpeople about this.............

I also think the TAX payers of Harrison should know what the mayor and his council are trying to do. They want to make the police and firemen use all their days so that they don't have to make the (VG $250,000 payout) but do not make the chiefs of the depts do as well. IF THEY DID DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD BOTH RETIRE!!!!!! who would want to lose a quarter of a million dollars.....(I know I wouldn't) So mayor and council why don't you tell them when you negotiate their next contract!!!!! AND COME ON ISN'T 43 YEARS ENOUGH ALREADY JT GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A CHANCE. It only makes sense for the taxpayers.........(wow I am smart I guess, it must not come to the plumber's big head!!!!!)

Guest Guest

JT stands to get about 300 thousand when he retires if the present payput continues. He isn't included in the PBA contaract with the Town so he can still collect the money. And, he won't retire until its mandatory which is another 2 1/2 years.

Archived