Guidelines?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
That's what was said about OJ.  If Paul leaves this up to a jury he will be rolling the dice.  I'm sure with 30 years of experience he knows that better than a town worker.

Stop WHINING like a little girl wearing a skirt !!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you done to promote the rights of every citizen?

Well, just to point out the obvious yet again, Paul and his family are taking a lot of hits from people like you, just because they believe it's important to defend the Constitution.

I too wish that this would come to trial soon. The outcome is not in doubt; a more egregious case of proselytizing would be hard to find, and the evidence is unmistakable.

I have a new interest in the case, because a bill has been introduced here in Texas to require that all school districts offer a course on the Bible, using the Bible itself as the text. This last clause is a transparent attempt to ensure that the materials published by the National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools, a group with a clear pro-Protestant and evangelical bias, are adopted. One Texas district's course using their materials included a PowerPoint presentation, "God's Roadway For Your Life," with slides proclaiming "Jesus Christ is the one and only way."

It's unlikely that the bill will pass, but another case that sets a clear anti-proselytization precedent would be very welcome and would provide additional ammunition against the intrusion of fundamentalist thought into the classroom.

Leigh Williams

Austin, Texas

Well, just to point out the obvious yet again, Paul and his family are taking a lot of hits from people like you, just because they believe it's important to defend the Constitution.

I too wish that this would come to trial soon.  The outcome is not in doubt; a more egregious case of proselytizing would be hard to find, and the evidence is unmistakable.

I have a new interest in the case, because a bill has been introduced here in Texas to require that all school districts offer a course on the Bible, using the Bible itself as the text.  This last clause is a transparent attempt to ensure that the materials published by the National Council on Bible Curriculum in Public Schools, a group with a clear pro-Protestant and evangelical bias, are adopted.  One Texas  district's course using their materials included a PowerPoint presentation, "God's Roadway For Your Life," with slides proclaiming "Jesus Christ is the one and only way."

It's unlikely that the bill will pass, but another case that sets a clear anti-proselytization precedent would be very welcome and would provide additional ammunition against the intrusion of fundamentalist thought into the classroom.

Leigh Williams

Austin, Texas

This is a question for everyone, pro and con, who is talking about a possible trial. What is the trial about, by which I mean, what relief would we seek in the Complaint, and what issues would be presented to resolve whether we are entitled to that relief? I'm not asking for advice, I know what an action would be about. I'm just wondering what people are envisioning when they ask that question. The comments on this forum suggest that people have vastly different ideas about what the issues are, how they would be presented and to whom. Any takers, especially among those who have already given their views on what the result would be?