Poor Job on snow removal in KEARNY.

Guest Dug In

Guest overtaxed
While HARRISON was clean as a whisile, same old KEARNY, when you needed the plows they came when it was to late.      SAD, BUT TRUE!!!!!!!

Thats because all the new vehicles that have been bought are for the bosses, and supervisors. Did you ever take a look at what they are using for plows, pick up trucks and antiques. One can only do as well as the equipment one has. I am sure if they had the proper equipment, they would be able to do a better job. I bet instead of getting new equipment we will get more pink sidewalks, and flower pots for the garbage.

Guest I disagree
:P Take into consideration, the rate that the snow & ice were coming down, by the time they got done with one street it was completey covered again! Also in Harrison if you are parked in an area that says " NO PARKING WHEN COVERED WITH SNOW" the police department tickets and tows, no questions asked! But here in Kearny, if you park on these streets nothing happens, so how can the street dept do their job? I saw them work around the clock until Sat. late afternoon. Also add the fact that when the plows did come through residents cleaned the spots they were parked in and threw the snow in the street leaving it to refreeze. NOW, let me ask you a question, you signed as "Plowed In" if thats the case the plows must have done your street, RIGHT? ;)

Guest Avg Citizen

The following is what should be done.

1/ You have to put up snow removal signs back up which were never replaced when the avenue was done over.

2/ When snow is predicted over 3 inches, cars must be removed from the emergency routes.(Main streets) Not after its already on the ground.

3/ Once the main roads are clear curb to curb, street cleaning regulations can be enforced on the side streets to clean the snow.

4/ You cannot reimburse people for having their car towed during a snow storm like the mayor did last time they towed, or they will park there everytime. Why not, they get their car cleaned off and off street parking for the night, all on the tax payers backs.

5/ The streets are dangerous the way they are now. With cars not being able to park properly on the avenue, how long will it be before a car goes head on with a bus or truck trying to fit. Let alone a fire truck trying to get through.

6/ The chief of police should have the decision on towing the cars not the head of the DPW. Its a traffic saftey issue thats the Chiefs job.

The following is what should be done.

1/ You have to put up snow removal signs back up which were never replaced when the avenue was done over.

2/ When snow is predicted over 3 inches, cars must be removed from the emergency routes.(Main streets) Not after its already on the ground.

3/ Once the main roads are clear curb to curb, street cleaning regulations can be enforced on the side streets to clean the snow.

4/ You cannot reimburse people for having their car towed during a snow storm like the mayor did last time they towed, or they will park there everytime. Why not, they get their car cleaned off and off street parking for the night, all on the tax payers backs.

5/ The streets are dangerous the way they are now. With cars not being able to park properly on the avenue, how long will it be before a car goes head on with a bus or truck trying to fit. Let alone a fire truck trying to get through.

6/ The chief of police should have the decision on towing the cars not the head of the DPW. Its a traffic saftey issue thats the Chiefs job.

Sounds good to me.

Guest heres the info for avg. citizen

It is NOT the DPW decision about cars being towed, if were up to them they would ALL be towed to make their job a betteer one. That decision was by the Mayor and council so you can thank them. and also to the other post, it is not the supervisors that have new trucks. They grab what ever is available at the time they need it.

Guest HIGH TAX
It is NOT the DPW decision about cars being towed, if were up to them they would ALL be towed to make their job a betteer one. That decision was by the Mayor and council so you can thank them. and also to the other post, it is not the supervisors that  have new trucks. They grab what ever is available at the time they need it.

THE V.F.W PARKING LOT WAS CLEARD !!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
It is NOT the DPW decision about cars being towed, if were up to them they would ALL be towed to make their job a betteer one. That decision was by the Mayor and council so you can thank them. and also to the other post, it is not the supervisors that  have new trucks. They grab what ever is available at the time they need it.

That is 100% Correct. the last time there was True Snow removal was several years ago. The Mayor had the Audacity to Apologize and the Town (That means YOU TAXPAYERS) Reimbursed everyone who was towed, even though the street was clearmy marked as a Snow Removal Route. Also the decision was taken away from both the Police and DPW to make the call for Snow Removal, and given Solely to the Mayor or D'Arco.

Guest Town Watch
Mayor Santos should be ashamed of himself for the condition he left this town after the snow storm. more taxes nothing for it!!!!!!

Look at what you get for the TAXES we pay. This MAYOR SANTOS gets no pressure from the townspeople. Its time people got up off their butts and get up to Town Hall and yell like Hell to this MAYOR and COUNCIL and let them have it!!!!!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Why are you so obsessed about my life? Don't you have anything better to do than ask personal questions?

Actually the poor snow removal is a situation you might have the ability to resolve. More on your level than defending The Constitution.

Actually the poor snow removal is a situation you might have the ability to resolve.

The fact that I, like most humans, am physically capable of lifting a shovel isn't really relevant. :blush:

More on your level than defending The Constitution.

I do a pretty good job of that, actually. That's kinda what makes people good citizens. Not like, for example, the people who actually tried to pass an amendment to the Constitution that would define marriage as being explicitly between opposite-sex couples. What a F**KING waste of time that was.

But to make it clear since people like you seem to have a lot of trouble interpreting anything not expressed in the most literal tems: no, sorry, but your infantile attempts at insulting me have failed. You don't know me, but I can tell from the constant comments from people like you that you wish you knew exactly who I was, and what I do. It tears you people apart, and it shows. :lol: Sad, sad people. You don't have any other way to react to someone who says things you don't like, huh? I pity people like you, I really do. Is there really nothing more meaningful to do in your life than make such pathetic comments?

Guest Guest
Thats because all the new vehicles that have been bought are for the bosses, and supervisors.  Did you ever take a look at what they are using for plows, pick up trucks and antiques.  One can only do as well as the equipment one has.  I am sure if they had the proper equipment, they would be able to do a better job.  I bet instead of getting new equipment we will get more pink sidewalks, and flower pots for the garbage.

Put a plow on Joey D's town car

Guest Guest
The fact that I, like most humans, am physically capable of lifting a shovel isn't really relevant. :lol:

I do a pretty good job of that, actually. That's kinda what makes people good citizens. Not like, for example, the people who actually tried to pass an amendment to the Constitution that would define marriage as being explicitly between opposite-sex couples. What a F**KING waste of time that was.

But to make it clear since people like you seem to have a lot of trouble interpreting anything not expressed in the most literal tems: no, sorry, but your infantile attempts at insulting me have failed. You don't know me, but I can tell from the constant comments from people like you that you wish you knew exactly who I was, and what I do. It tears you people apart, and it shows. :lol: Sad, sad people. You don't have any other way to react to someone who says things you don't like, huh? I pity people like you, I really do. Is there really nothing more meaningful to do in your life than make such pathetic comments?

Post when you make something of your life.

Guest Guest
The fact that I, like most humans, am physically capable of lifting a shovel isn't really relevant. :P

But to make it clear since people like you seem to have a lot of trouble interpreting anything not expressed in the most literal tems: no, sorry, but your infantile attempts at insulting me have failed. You don't know me, but I can tell from the constant comments from people like you that you wish you knew exactly who I was, and what I do. It tears you people apart, and it shows. :P Sad, sad people. You don't have any other way to react to someone who says things you don't like, huh? I pity people like you, I really do. Is there really nothing more meaningful to do in your life than make such pathetic comments?

Talk about a waste of time, oh brother.