Hotel In Harrison (hfd)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Having a private ambulance company to service Harrison would save the property owners millions from not having to continue to pay exhorbitant salaries to the Harrison Fire Department. The Fire Dept. is basically just an ambulance service anyway. They just call it a Fire Department to give out jobs to family members and certain friends. Same as PVSC. If you think about it, the Firehouse is actually the first hotel in Harrison, except that its just the same 60 guys that stay there at different times. They have beds, the finest A/C available, exquisite cooking facilities with top of the line appliances, televisions, couches, computers with internet, telephones, a laundry service, car service, a full service gym, and a secretary (for wake up calls.) Sounds like I am talking about the Four Seasons Hotel in Manhatten. Plus, they get paid an average of like $80,000.00 a year to stay there. WOW, WHAT A DEAL! The town could easily contract with Kearny to put out the very, very few fires that occur each year and the response times would be no diffferent. It would benefit Harrison and Kearny. Kearny could put on a few more guys and the Harrisons home owner taxes would be substantially reduced. The equipment that the HFD now has could be sold for a large amount of money (fire engines, outfits, cars, trucks, etc). Then Harrisons proposed selling of the Community Center could be avoided! EVERYBODY WINS. That two properties that house the Firehouses could be put up for sale to a developer for a substantial amount of money to the town. That would once again result in lower current home owners tax bills. The Mayor would be the envy of all of Hudson county for this innovative move. Nothing would change in the town except the taxes per home would be greatly reduced. Any comments? Please post them.

Guest Guest

Sounds like a great job. Does anyone know how to apply for the test when they have it? And how often do these tests come up?

Guest Guest

How do you get the job you say? Take the test, pass it, and then hope your last name is one of the same families who have multiple jobs in town already. if you don't score high, just hope your father is a friend of the Mayors in the Plumbers Union or a friend of Tom Powell. Other than that , you are **** out of luck.

Guest Guest
Having a private ambulance company to service Harrison would save the property owners millions from not having to continue to pay exhorbitant salaries to the Harrison Fire Department. The Fire Dept. is basically just an ambulance service anyway. They just call it a Fire Department to give out jobs to family members and certain friends. Same as PVSC. If you think about it, the Firehouse is actually the first hotel in Harrison, except that its just the same 60 guys that stay there at different times. They have beds, the finest A/C available, exquisite cooking facilities with top of the line appliances, televisions, couches, computers with internet, telephones, a laundry service, car service, a full service gym, and a secretary (for wake up calls.) Sounds like I am talking about the Four Seasons Hotel in Manhatten. Plus, they get paid an average of like $80,000.00 a year to stay there. WOW, WHAT A DEAL! The town could easily contract with Kearny to put out the very, very few fires that occur each year and the response times would be no diffferent. It would benefit Harrison and Kearny. Kearny could put on a few more guys and the Harrisons home owner taxes would be substantially reduced. The equipment that the HFD now has could be sold for a large amount of money (fire engines, outfits, cars, trucks, etc). Then Harrisons proposed selling of the Community Center could be avoided! EVERYBODY WINS. That two properties that house the Firehouses could be put up for sale to a developer for a substantial amount of money to the town. That would once again result in lower current home owners tax bills. The Mayor would be the envy of all of Hudson county for this innovative move. Nothing would change in the town except the taxes per home would be greatly reduced. Any comments? Please post them.

Harrison Fire Dept. - What about Kearny or any of the other towns. Things are so different there. Not likely. IF you need an ambulance or have a Fire, you should call Kearny Fire. They work in a firehouse, eat there, sleep there, get paid for doing their jobs, they have a/c, Kitchens, and everything else you name.

I'm not picking on Kearny Fire, just using them as another example. I say you should move to Kearny. They are a paid FD, you would down them as well.

Don't call HFD for an ambulance or Fire Truck, Call Kearny.

Guest Guest

The Fire Department is just not needed. Period. It is the single biggest waste of the towns monetary resources designed to make certain families very rich. The money could be put to use much better somewhere else. If I was a Harrison Fireman, which I could never be because I possess an ounce of courage, I would be ashamed to admit it. The HFD is the laughing stock of every fire dept. in Hudson County and beyond. It is merely PVSC #2.

Guest Guest
The Fire Department is just not needed. Period. It is the single biggest waste of the towns monetary resources designed to make certain families very rich. The money could be put to use much better somewhere else. If I was a Harrison Fireman, which I could never be because I possess an ounce of courage, I would be ashamed to admit it. The HFD is the laughing stock of every fire dept. in Hudson County and beyond. It is merely PVSC #2.

HA HA HA ! Laughing all the way to the bank!

Guest Guest

Anyone wishing to contact a member of the harrison fire department please leave a message with a bartender at Jenkinson's on the boardwalk in Point Pleasant. We we pick them up after we go out on our boats and go back to our shore house. Those stuck in Harrison for the summer, fill up your bathtubs and pretend you are down the shore living the good life like us. Just get those tax bills paid on time suckers.

Archived