So Who Owns A House Down The Shore?

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

Guest Bird brains

You are correct, financial aid is based upon income - *** ****** *** ** ******* ******* *** ** *** *****, ******** *** ***** ******* *** *****!!!! So they would base their financial need on their father's income, with two children in school at the same time I'm sure they got a decent penny.

Financial aid is not a loan, you can get pell grants which you DO NOT have to pay back.

Yes, it's great they both got an education and moved up and out of Harrison, but they only have their mother to thank for milking the system

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest an observor

I have been reading this forum now for about 2 weeks, and I have to laugh at most of the things I read.

For one, most people are still complaining about the same crap (just different people) as 20-30 years ago (and I'm sure longer than that). The politicians in Harrison always have and always will have the last say regardless of what the voters say / want. The ONLY way for this to stop is to vote each of them out of office. I say EACH because if you remember correctly, Danny Kelly ran on the republican ticket, and once in office he changed parties.

As for "the Gardens"...I too grew up down there....and yes, it was a great place to grow up. We were never without friends to hang out with. I actually feel sorry for the people (person) who has nothing better to do but, sit and bash a family for doing good. Jealousy is a very ugly thing!

The way the gardens is now, it is a TERRIBLE shame! How can anybody sit by and ask...why the fighting down there? Why are the garbage cans being set on fire? Then blaming the HFD (that's another story in itself) or the HPD because of all these things going on down there...These things did not happen when I grew up down there....Now, here is my opinion (which I'm entitled to).....why don't the parents of these children take responsibility for their actions? Why should the HPD* sit down there babysitting the children of other people? I am NOT saying that all the parents in the gardens are reckless but, a few are, and I guarantee you that it is their children who are the trouble makers down there. These parents are too worried about where they're getting their next drug hit from, or how they're going to get their partner out of jail, or out of the bar etc. Kids today don't have R-E-S-P-E-C-T...why?? Because they are not taught it nor shown it! They don't care about themselves let alone you, me or our property.

I will close with this.....I grew up in the gardens (as I stated before), I graduated from HHS..that's it; no college for me. BUT!!! I now have an excellent paying job, own a ONE (1) family home, with a built in swimming pool / jacuzzi! Obviously, this is not in Harrison. The only reason I mention this is to let everybody know just because we grew up in the "gardens" doesn't make us unable to acheive the finer things in life.....BUT I will NOT forget where I came from!! So, all the people who bash us "Garden" people and HHS graduate....go right ahead, if that makes you feel better knock yourself out.

* I know somebody is going to write because HPD has nothing better to do....but, that is not my point. My point is the PARENTS need to take care of their own children!!

Guest Guest

This post is basically about one simple concept: JEALOUSY. Every person mentioned in here got to were they are by hard work. See what you people don't realize is that furthering your education (i.e. college) gives you a better chance at a good, high paying job. See you guys actually got off your asses or weren't lazy when you were younger you would know about hard work. But that's probably the school systems fault, yuou know you being dumb and lazy and all. LEt's take a look, yup just about all the people who you're crying about, as well as questioning income were either war vet's or college grads, if not both. People like that get what they work for and deserve it. You people B**ch about them using town funds, seriously, you live in the gardens you pay nothing. You complain about the people at the pool charging a quarter to babysit your kids for 4 hours, all you people do is complain. GROW UP. Just because this only a few people in this town have done well doesn't mean there's a conspiracy about how they got where they are. Hey maybe this redevelopment, that i'm sure all the town officials are pocketing from for those waterfront mansions, will drive property value up thus pushing the trash out of this town. Sorry I"m sure you'll be ok. Let's just abolish the gardens. I'm sure those few people who deserve to live there can have somethin done for them by the town. As for Bernice and Mike, how dare you raise successfull children, now we have to hear these people B**ch and moan. Shame on you, I can't believe the audacity you's have. They were supposed to be setting trash fires and staying out til 2 in the morning at age 12, instead they were home studying and making something of themselves. KNow I don't know about everyone else, but were I come from (HARRISON) kids aren't supposed to grow up and be successfull. THey're supposed to grow up as delinquents, complain about the town and it's officials, and never take responsibility for them and their parents mistakes. GOD YOU PEOPLE!!!!

I was gonna go to high school, but I got high

Wanted to go to college and get a good job, but I got high

Now I'm pawning my food stamps and should be watching my kids, but I got high

So I let the pool babysit them and complain about the town while I get high.

Now they took away the gardens, I got no income, can't find my kids, but it's ok you know why

Cuz I'm going over the bridge to get high, to get high, to get high.

HEY YOU GOT $10!!! I gotta send the kids to the pool and get some crack, I mean I got locked out of my apartment and need to get a locksmith.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ENough with you people I'm hittin the shore

Guest Guest
You are correct, financial aid is based upon income - *** ****** *** ** ******* ******* *** ** *** *****, ******** *** ***** ******* *** *****!!!! So they would base their financial need on their father's income, with two children in school at the same time I'm sure they got a decent penny.

Financial aid is not a loan, you can get pell grants which you DO NOT have to pay back.

Yes, it's great they both got an education and moved up and out of Harrison, but they only have their mother to thank for milking the system

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

sounds like your doing the same,or jealous cause you can't, try a little sex and relieve yourself

Guest Guest
I have been reading this forum now for about 2 weeks, and I have to laugh at most of the things I read.

For one, most people are still complaining about the same crap (just different people) as 20-30 years ago (and I'm sure longer than that). The politicians in Harrison always have and always will have the last say regardless of what the voters say / want. The ONLY way for this to stop is to vote each of them out of office. I say EACH because if you remember correctly, Danny Kelly ran on the republican ticket, and once in office he changed parties.

As for "the Gardens"...I too grew up down there....and yes, it was a great place to grow up. We were never without friends to hang out with. I actually feel sorry for the people (person) who has nothing better to do but, sit and bash a family for doing good. Jealousy is a very ugly thing!

The way the gardens is now, it is a TERRIBLE shame! How can anybody sit by and ask...why the fighting down there? Why are the garbage cans being set on fire? Then blaming the HFD (that's another story in itself) or the HPD because of all these things going on down there...These things did not happen when I grew up down there....Now, here is my opinion (which I'm entitled to).....why don't the parents of these children take responsibility for their actions? Why should the HPD* sit down there babysitting the children of other people? I am NOT saying that all the parents in the gardens are reckless but, a few are, and I guarantee you that it is their children who are the trouble makers down there. These parents are too worried about where they're getting their next drug hit from, or how they're going to get their partner out of jail, or out of the bar etc. Kids today don't have R-E-S-P-E-C-T...why?? Because they are not taught it nor shown it! They don't care about themselves let alone you, me or our property.

I will close with this.....I grew up in the gardens (as I stated before), I graduated from HHS..that's it; no college for me. BUT!!! I now have an excellent paying job, own a ONE (1) family home, with a built in swimming pool / jacuzzi! Obviously, this is not in Harrison. The only reason I mention this is to let everybody know just because we grew up in the "gardens" doesn't make us unable to acheive the finer things in life.....BUT I will NOT forget where I came from!! So, all the people who bash us "Garden" people and HHS graduate....go right ahead, if that makes you feel better knock yourself out.

* I know somebody is going to write because HPD has nothing better to do....but, that is not my point. My point is the PARENTS need to take care of their own children!!

You Said It well, There are some in the Gardens who are trouble it is not all of them.And good for all who have lived in the Garden and did well enough to move oput....that is the way it should be not like some of these low lifes who live there and when their kids grow up they get apartments in the gardens as well. they are not even trying to better their lifes at all.Look at the ones that live in the gardens just about the whole damn family and some live in kingsland court and also have taken over the lunch program in lincoln school....One of them collects disability and works that is screwing the system.....

Guest Guest

Does working at PVSC count as financial aid? The money is given in the form of a paycheck to people that qualify. Qualifications: Be hooked-up with a politician, only whites need apply (unless you are a councilman), and no skills required. This aid ranges anywhere from $60,000.00 to $100,000 and never has to be paid back.

Guest harrison resident

I cant believe you people are crying about who has a shore house and who doesnt.......who rents and who owns. Like seriously you people need a life and worry about your own home that you live in. These people have shore houses and lots of money because they worked hard for it and they desereve it. If you dont have as much as they do then it's time you get your a$$ to work, save money and buy your own shore house so other people can talk about your house here too.

Guest Guest

We are running amok with talk about this couple, she did milk the system and

got away with it, she was able to better herself because of it, its over and done

and nothing can change it now. Move On. Others in the Gardens are trying to

do the same thing, for most people, if they can do it and get away with it, they

would. I do agree with the fact about the kids down there. the parents are

drinking and drugging and the kids are on their own. There are the drunks who

paying very cheap rent while the husband is raking in his pension and social

security. There house was emptied because of bugs. but instead of buying

furniture they buy beer. I don't how they get away with it either. There needs

to be an investagation. If people are not living there legally, then they should

be put out. I work to provide for my family. I have to scrimp and save,while

this people cry the blues because they can't afford any more beer or drugs.

Oh well, thats what I get for being honest. Hmmmmmmmm, makes you wonder!

Guest Guest
Does working at PVSC count as financial aid? The money is given in the form of a paycheck to people that qualify. Qualifications: Be hooked-up with a politician, only whites need apply (unless you are a councilman), and no skills required. This aid ranges anywhere from $60,000.00 to $100,000 and never has to be paid back.

WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT PAY CHECKS?

Guest Guest

got away with it, she was able to better herself because of it, its over and done

do the same thing, for most people, if they can do it and get away with it, they

drinking and drugging and the kids are on their own. There are the drunks who

furniture they buy beer. I don't how they get away with it either. There needs

to be an investagation. If people are not living there legally, then they should

WELL IF YOU WORKED MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE PENSION AND SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS. i HEAR K MART NEEDS SICKOS LIKE YOU

Guest Guest

drinking and drugging and the kids are on their own.  There are the drunks who

furniture they buy beer.  I don't how they get away with it either. There needs

WELL IF YOU WORKED MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE PENSION AND SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS. i HEAR K MART NEEDS SICKOS LIKE YOU

FYI--I work but am too young for Pension and Social Security, got some years

to go. Looking forward to it. Maybe then my family will have a house down the

shore too. but you will not find me in the gardens.

Guest GUEST_Guest
NO YOU SEEM LIKE A KINGSLAND COURT TYPE OF PERSON :o

GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE HAS MOVED ON WITH THERE LIFE. WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE KINGLAND COURTS THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE THERE ARE NOT THRASH LIKE IN THE HARRISON GARDENS ZOO I HAVE LIVED IN THE KINGLAND COURTS FOR 40 YEARS AND WOULD NOT LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE NOT A MINUTE IN THE ZOO THAT IS CALLED THE GARDENS THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 years later...
Guest Peter Higins

Well like I said to the papers. The tax payers have been complaining since, when did this post start 2004. Well you pathetic tax payers weren't happy back the and your not happy now, Oh well I didn't make the law, I just found a way to minipulate it. Who cares. I have my house down the shore

Archived