So Who Owns A House Down The Shore?

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

Guest Harrisonian_Guest

So I found it interesting when I heard that the mayor doesn't own a piece of Property in the town of Harrison, but he does own a home down the shore.

I also found it interesting that the mayors brother in-law rents him the home in wich he lives in Harrison, but his brother in-law doesn't live in Harrison, yet is registered to vote in Harrison.

Political person-----house down the shore

Mayor ----- yes

Tom Powell ------ yes

Mike Rodgers ----- yes

Peter Higins ----- yes

Artie Petigrew ----- can't afford it

Dan Kelly ----- lucky to have an apt, but owns

Carol Mandaglio ----- I believe so

OJ DiSalvo ----- lucky to be alive

Doran ----- ???

Mike Dolahan ----- ???

Victor Villalta ----- no?

Who else, I am kinda new to this town.

When they have a reunion, it's down the shore.

Our next Re-Development meeting and town meeting might be held down the shore too.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

You forgot to mention some of the cops and fireman, the mayors secretary (both of them), and a few others in the tax office, violations bureau, record bureau, and the health dept. Also, most have boats to go with those expensive homes.

Guest Grace

The problem does not lie with whom has a house where. People are entitled to work hard and have nice things with the money they earn. The problem lies with Mr. Mayor having the gall to be paying taxes on a home in any other town except the one he is a mayor in. The town he supposedly loves. At least have enough sense to purchase a home here.....to pay taxes here........to be able to sympathize with your fellow harrisonian.....get a condo.......set up a tent if you must. That's the problem.......... Mr. mayor riddle me this: if each one of the new homes that are going up is selling for 400-500,000 dollars each.......and the taxes for each is approximately 10-12 thousand dollars and each of those apartments is housing even 1 school age child and it costs approximately 16-18 thousand dollars to send each child to school...........how much are we in the hole for? And will the builders be kicking in anything towards the cost of building and/or expanding schools? As they do in other communities? That might change the answer a little. Here's a challenge for you Mr. Mayor: you give the community one night..........sort of like a debate but just with you. A neutral party can pick the questions sent in by your constituents who would really like to know where and how you stand on some very important issues. Are you up for such a challenge Mr. Mayor?

Guest Answers

Yes, I applaud those who work hard so they too can afford their nice little shore house but I do disagree with a few things.

1 - The mayor not owning land in Harrison (then again, he may just not under his name!). How is he representing what is best for the Harrison residents.

2 - a well known family who resides in the Harrison Gardens but owns a shore house - besides the fact that they only have 2 people living in a 3 bedroom house - give the apartment up to a family who is in NEED of that type of housing. Then again, if they did that they couldn't afford to live the nice life they have been. Run an illegal daycare out of your house so they can't trace back the amount of money you bring - very smart - very sad that people would be that greedy not to give up the apartment to those in need - SHAME ON YOU

Guest Guest
2 - a well known family who resides in the Harrison Gardens but owns a shore house - besides the fact that they only have 2 people living in a 3 bedroom house - give the apartment up to a family who is in NEED of that type of housing. Then again, if they did that they couldn't afford to live the nice life they have been. Run an illegal daycare out of your house so they can't trace back the amount of money you bring - very smart - very sad that people would be that greedy not to give up the apartment to those in need - SHAME ON YOU

Gotta be a friend of the mayor, their voters!!

Guest Guest
Yes, I applaud those who work hard so they too can afford their nice little shore house but I do disagree with a few things.

1 - The mayor not owning land in Harrison (then again, he may just not under his name!).  How is he representing what is best for the Harrison residents.

2 - a well known family who resides in the Harrison Gardens but owns a shore house  - besides the fact that they only have 2 people living in a 3 bedroom house - give the apartment up to a family who is in NEED of that type of housing.  Then again, if they did that they couldn't afford to live the nice life they have been.  Run an illegal daycare out of your house so they can't trace back the amount of money you bring - very smart - very sad that people would be that greedy not to give up the apartment to those in need - SHAME ON YOU

These people have moved out and are living at their house down the shore.

A young couple with 2 children are now living in that apartment.

Its about time.

Guest Guest

Who cares who owns what. Do you think it is different anywhere else. Take a look at Sharp James. He owns a Rolls Royce, $2 Million shore house, and a big yacht.

He is also a millionare. it's called politics my friend. When big construction comes into play ( the so called new arena) he will be even richer. Thats the way it is. Great to be one of the chosen few living high on the hog. We will just have to try to scrimp to pay higher taxes so these pigs get more than they need. Don't forget, another cocktail party coming up in the fall.

Guest Guest
Who cares who owns what. Do you think it is different anywhere else. Take a look at Sharp James. He owns a Rolls Royce, $2 Million shore house, and a big yacht.

He is also a millionare. it's called politics my friend. When big construction comes into play ( the so called new arena) he will be even richer. Thats the way it is. Great to be one of the chosen few living high on the hog. We will just have to try to scrimp to pay higher taxes so these pigs get more than they need. Don't forget, another cocktail party coming up in the fall.

So, we're back to the "it is the same everywhere else, so why bother" defense? Or is it the "ours isn't as bad as theirs" defense? And anyway, doesn't Sharp James own property in Newark?

I just hope the Mayor remembers that people can buy all the cocktail party tickets in the world and show their faces at the party or anywhere else "required", but that doesn't guarantee they are going to pull your lever when they're in the voting booth. These people are just playing the averages. It is just like having an insurance policy.

Guest Guest

Yes, but Sharpe James is Mayor of Newark....big difference to little Harrison. The position of Mayor in Newark is a paid full time job....and Mr. James is a sharp (no pun intended) businessman. He knows what to bring to Newark to make it better...he may be lining his pockets in the process but at least you see results in Newark...what do you see in Harrison? the politicians are lining their pockets, and all the Harrison residents are getting is a box of a hotel that has taken years to build. Shame!

Guest THEY REALLY MOVED OUT

You must be joking - I can't see her giving up her lucrative illegally run daycare center - then again, maybe she made a nice penny and thought it was time to retire. Didn't her husband get a nice settlement from East Newark.

Guest Guest
You must be joking - I can't see her giving up her lucrative illegally run daycare center - then again, maybe she made a nice penny and thought it was time to retire. Didn't her husband get a nice settlement from East Newark.

YOU BETTER GET OFF THE COMPUTER,BEFORE YOU MISS THE MAILMAN WITH YOUR WELFARE CHECK :lol::P:lol::lol::lol::D

Guest Guest

HE MADE MILLIONS :P:lol::lol:

Guest Guest

I am having a great time down the Jersey shore at my summer home. Hope you suckers in Harrison who pay my six figure salary are enjoying being stuck in Harrison with no money and nothing to do. Don't try to find any of the "in" people like us until September rolls around. Maybe if you scrape up enough money you can stay at the hotel and pretend you are on vacation. HA! HA! HA!

Guest Guest
I am having a great time down the Jersey shore at my summer home. Hope you suckers in Harrison who pay my six figure salary are enjoying being stuck in Harrison with no money and nothing to do. Don't try to find any of the "in" people like us until September rolls around. Maybe if you scrape up enough money you can stay at the hotel and pretend you are on vacation. HA! HA! HA!
I'M SURE YOU ARE TOMMY BOY

Guest Thank You, Love T. Powell

How is the weather in Harrison? It’s very nice here at my shore house. My family and I are having a great time.

Thank you very much for my 6 Figure Salary, my wife’s 6 Figure Salary and my Daughters 6 figure salary.

Sincerely,

$300,000.00 + per year family

Archived