Mayor Santos comments overshadow budget

Guest Townwatch

Guest Guest
I'm not saying one is INCAPABLE of seeing a problem with something unless they have a solution--what I am saying is that complaining about it while having no solution (or even an idea for one) is going to be ultimately fruitless, and an exercise in futility.

People like Santos should take some basic customer service ideas to heart. They should look at the complaint as a gift and as a chance to take action. We elect people to come up with solutions to problems.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_VOTER_*
People like Santos should take some basic customer service ideas to heart.  They should look at the complaint as a gift and as a chance to take action.  We elect people to come up with solutions to problems.

Someone please try to start a recall many people want to sign.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Town Watch
Spin control is alive and well with the Santos loyalists, Here's the real pot shot, Mayor Santos did everything but denounce Hudson County and its politics and was against Sen Sacco from North Bergen. Mayor AL had a change of heart and now holds Hudson County and Sen Sacco in high reguard now. Is this because he now is on the county payroll and understands the rewards of playing the game??????????? Don't worry about potshots, fill the POTHOLES in Kearny!!!!

This Mayor will do everything in his power in taking attention off the big picture(HUGE TAX INCREASE) while feathering his own nest with his high paying county job. Look what happens when you play the game. You knew you had to mend fences knowing that this day would come and that this Huge Tax Increase was on the agenda. You got boxed in a corner. You need as many people as you can now. Kearny Taxpayers are angry

• 2 weeks later...
Its interesting that the Mayor decided to weigh in this past week on the school issue while his adminsration quietly presented the Town's Budget which will reflect yet another PROPERTY TAX INCREASE!!!!!      It looks like whatever property tax reform Gov. Corzine ENACTED will not matter to KEARNY, if we contiune to allow this Mayor and Council to increase our Taxes year after year we won't see a tax savings. The timimg is suspect!!!    SHAME ON YOU MAYOR SANTOS!!!!!! ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO TAKE ATTENTION AWAY FROM YOUR TAX INCREASE BY COMMENTING ON THIS SCHOOL ISSUE IN HOPES THE PUBLIC WILL FOCUS THEIR ATTENTION ELSEWHERE OTHER THAN INCREASED PROPERTY TAXES?????    They say in politics "TIMING IS EVERYTHING" ain't that right Mayor?????      Why not present your budget in your own words on the front page of the OBSERVER like you did with this school issue?????  Please note this Mayor has increased your TAXES every single year he has been in office. SHME ON THE TOWNSPEOPLE FOR ALLOWING HIM TO GET AWAY WITH IT ALL THESE YEARS!!!!!!!

Remember what Mayor Santos did to take attention off the HUGE TAX INCREASE that is headed our way.

• 4 weeks later...
This Mayor will do everything in his power in taking attention off the big picture(HUGE TAX INCREASE) while feathering his own nest with his high paying county job. Look what happens when you play the game. You knew you had to mend fences knowing that this day would come and that this Huge Tax Increase was on the agenda.  You got boxed in a corner. You need as many people as you can now.                Kearny Taxpayers are angry

Amen!

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
Want to save money, cut legal services 20% I don't believe he would do that because he is a lawyer. As for Mayor Santos being a fine public servant, I would think anyone who was able to secure a high paying job as clerk to the Hudson County Freeholders certainly gives this the appearance of self interest. Paul, I would have more respect for the Mayor if he would claim to own a home in Kearny and felt the pain of all the hard working property taxpayers who pay into Kearny and want quality services in return. Its sad to say the SANTOS legacy will be, Hired as a high paying county employee, increased taxes every year he was MAYOR and REDUCED TOWN SERVICES.

50685[/snapback]

The above post speaks volumes.

68569[/snapback]

The post said:

"QUOTE(Town Watch @ Apr 1 2007, 07:33 PM)

Want to save money, cut legal services 20% I don't believe he would do that because he is a lawyer. As for Mayor Santos being a fine public servant, I would think anyone who was able to secure a high paying job as clerk to the Hudson County Freeholders certainly gives this the appearance of self interest. Paul, I would have more respect for the Mayor if he would claim to own a home in Kearny and felt the pain of all the hard working property taxpayers who pay into Kearny and want quality services in return. Its sad to say the SANTOS legacy will be, Hired as a high paying county employee, increased taxes every year he was MAYOR and REDUCED TOWN SERVICES."

I don't know what it says. There are no details.

1. What legal services? How much are we spending on them? How do you just cut 20% off it? Do you even know what you're writing about? Show me.

2. What reduced town services? Be specific.

3. How much does Al make in his job as the Freeholders' clerk? Be specific. Once you've done that, tell us why it's an unfair salary and what it has to do with his work as mayor. The man has to eat, and the mayor's salary isn't enough to support anyone. At first impression, you're being ridiculous and unfair. Give us the details, maybe I'll change my mind.

I keep asking, but no one gives any details, including those who seem to think they've found the smoking gun. What that says to me --- no surprise --- is that some people call other people names whenever their taxes go up, no matter whether it's anyone's fault or not. Show me that it's someone's fault, then I'll support you. Keep doing this, and I'll continue to oppose you, not because of any allegiance but because you're being ridiculous and unfair.

If you're going to post stuff like this, provide the details.

Guest disgusted

68569[/snapback]

Why don't all the tax paying citizens in the town storm the Town Hall for a meeting and speak their minds, and see what answers we all get.

Revolt it's time!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
The post said:

"QUOTE(Town Watch @ Apr 1 2007, 07:33 PM)

Want to save money, cut legal services 20% I don't believe he would do that because he is a lawyer. As for Mayor Santos being a fine public servant, I would think anyone who was able to secure a high paying job as clerk to the Hudson County Freeholders certainly gives this the appearance of self interest. Paul, I would have more respect for the Mayor if he would claim to own a home in Kearny and felt the pain of all the hard working property taxpayers who pay into Kearny and want quality services in return. Its sad to say the SANTOS legacy will be, Hired as a high paying county employee, increased taxes every year he was MAYOR and REDUCED TOWN SERVICES."

I don't know what it says. There are no details.

1. What legal services? How much are we spending on them? How do you just cut 20% off it? Do you even know what you're writing about? Show me.

2. What reduced town services? Be specific.

3. How much does Al make in his job as the Freeholders' clerk? Be specific. Once you've done that, tell us why it's an unfair salary and what it has to do with his work as mayor. The man has to eat, and the mayor's salary isn't enough to support anyone. At first impression, you're being ridiculous and unfair. Give us the details, maybe I'll change my mind.

I keep asking, but no one gives any details, including those who seem to think they've found the smoking gun. What that says to me --- no surprise --- is that some people call other people names whenever their taxes go up, no matter whether it's anyone's fault or not. Show me that it's someone's fault, then I'll support you. Keep doing this, and I'll continue to oppose you, not because of any allegiance but because you're being ridiculous and unfair.

If you're going to post stuff like this, provide the details.

68689[/snapback]

Paul

Your yelling like your before a jury in a courtroom, Lets not get away from the problem of Kearny Taxes. We as a Town must deal with this at some point and the longer we do nothing about it the worse this is going to get, This Mayor wants to be popular and sometimes as Mayor you MUST make unpopular decisions in the best interests of the Town as a community. Bottomline if he dosen't make any unpopular decisions then nobody can question what he has done, which is nothing more than cutting ribbons and replacing trees on Kearny ave. There are empty store fronts as a result of his approval of Walmart coming to Kearny. Business owners on Kearny ave should be outraged that he left them out there with one orr in a row boat in the middle of the ocean. Bad decisions have gotten us to this point and thus the Town"s future is at stake and that's why we believe that a Recall of this Mayor is in order and that new decision making policies need to be in place as it relates to addressing taxes. The next Mayor may last for just a short time, but one things for sure whoever he or she is they will get this tax issue straight in the best interests of all the taxpayers of Kearny.