Website Update

Guest Richard Rykowski

Guest Richard Rykowski

Good Day All Viewers,

The year is 2004, and this website is seriously behind the times. Information overload is a thing of the past, and each one of us needs to take that into consideration. Do not mistake that just because you can find everything on a site that it is a good site. Continuous scrolling, in conjunction with rough page transitions can kill bandwidth. In changing with the times, I feel that Kearny on the Web can use a serious facelift and restructuring. Organization of data is key, and a good site can make all the difference.

I have the talent and the skills to make this happen. If anyone feels the same way I do, pleae let me know. I have made the offer to the Kearny webmaster already, and I would like to know if others feel the same way I do.

My name is Rich Rykowski, the owner of R.P.S. Information Design, a company dedicated to re-structuring websites and data organization. :o

~Rich_Rykowski@rpswebdesign.com

Guest Guest

I know times are tough, so I'll try to say this nicely. Don't quit your day job. Dude, your site s**ks. I agree that the JavaScript Scene effects have got to go, but I don't think that KOTW needs your FrontPage expertise.

Guest Guest

Hey, I guess this guy heard the town will pay you $20,000 to maintain a web site annually and he wants to get in on the gravy train. Don't you know? Just send the mayor a campaign contribution!

Guest Bitz bitz bitz
I know times are tough, so I'll try to say this nicely. Don't quit your day job. Dude, your site s**ks. I agree that the JavaScript Scene effects have got to go, but I don't think that KOTW needs your FrontPage expertise.

I don't think this guy is using fronpage. And his site seems neat and clean, but its really nothing to write home about. He should make a demo and let the KOTW viewers check it out, in order to make a informed decision.

Now http://theobserver.com uses frontpage, which I really don't understand why that is such a bad thing. Its just a publishing app. Can you give me some insight.

I see alot of critisism about this site, quite frankly I agree with the DUKENETS on this; If ya dont like it dont click it.

Guest About RPS Services

This is the about us section of RPS.

I see a lot of typos for a Pro.....

Originally stared in 1996, RPS has been on top of all technology aspects. Whether you need you need a website, or you need a new computer so you can build a website, RPS has what you need. Although our specialty is website enhancement / design, we have branched out to cover many other areas. We now cover: computer setup, computer installation, troubleshooting for both hardware and software, networking, digital photo editing and graphic design. We are hoping to be able to serve all your needs in the near future Remember, we are only a phone call or e-mail away!

Guest Rich Rykowski

Ok i see people have gotten gutsy here.

First off, I would like to know why people that feel so strongly that my work s**ks have decided to post their messages here. I do not see anyone else doing much better. I have the satisfaction of knowing that half the projects I have worked on, will suffice the fact that I know what I am doing. If anyone feels so strongly, give me a call or email me, I will gladly respond.

Continuing... In response to the 20,000 budget spent on this website, I would like to meet the rich person that is pocketing that waste. Tax dollars being spent on something like this site, is ridiculous. If you do not agree with my work that is fine, but I can have plenty of professionals with great credentials vouch for the fact that this site is seriously in need of a 20,000 uplift. It looks like maybe 20$ worth of time was put into it.

Now in response to the Frontpage work, Frontpage is a great program, however no one uses it anymore. With the changing of the times, and the demand to present informaiton in a graphical way, Dreamweaver is the choice of many upscale webdesigners.

Also, in response to the observer website, I think some of the kids in grammar school could have produced a better site.

I value all constructive criticism, but I do not honor people who are merely typing words to see themselves type. I am a college student working 40 hours a week and producing websites as well as programs for major companies on the side, therefore I do not really believe in anything anyone here has said. If anyone would like to out-do me go for it. I guarentee you do not have the know-how or the professionalism to do it.

As far as hey-duke stands, I believe maybe you should un-glue yourself from your computer and maybe get a real life. The 60,000$ i make a year at age 21 speaks enough to put everyone in this forum to shame.

Thats my two-cents. I thank you for all of your time, and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.

Guest 100K

First off you self-congratulatory as**ipe; This is not the $20,000.00 a year site in question. It is the Town of Kearny website that someone said cost that much. So pay attention when you read. It may save you some embarrassment when you reply. ;)

The person producing this site does it out of the goodness of their heart in an effort to give people a place to express themselves on community affairs. He doesn’t spout off claiming that he or she invented the Internet, does he/she? <_<

You continuously attack the observer. I happen to know that they contacted you for a demo, and a price quote and you punked out without so much as a reply. I also think that the site has made great strides and improvements. Not to mention the enormous amount of views it gets. :P

WOW.. A whole 60K a year. That qualifies you upper lower class living. Stay in school fool. ;)

And in closing, your sites really are pathetic. Especially the one about you. RickyRak roflmao lol lol lol.

Oh excuse me I couldn’t stop laughing. So go crawl back into that dark world of yours and come back when you get some talent. <_<

Have a great day

100K plus :lol:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited per the no profanity (or anything close to profanity) policy.

As far as hey-duke stands,  I believe maybe you should un-glue yourself from your computer and maybe get a real life.  The 60,000$ i make a year at age 21 speaks enough to put everyone in this forum to shame.

so.. why do you feel the need to completely insult me compared to anyone else? get the f out, i don't care if you get paid, your work is so bland and mundane that it makes me WANT to un-glue myself from my computer.

co**y little shxt.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited per the no profanity (or anything close to profanity policy.

Guest Dear Gabby

I find it amusing that as soon as someone learns how to change the background on a computer, they think they're a technological genius. It also amazes me that people could be so ignorant as to criticize strangers on the work they do. If every beginner listened to the critiques of these imbeciles, what progress would be made?

Advise and opinions are like apples. Some good some bad.

Examples of bad advise:

George Custer; CHARGE

JFK: It’s a nice day leave the top down

Sadaam: They’ll never find us in here

Tyson: Lets go to my room

Marsha Clark: Make him put the glove on

IBM: Mr.Gates, we don’t need your OS

The list goes on and on.

Lets have a little fun in here…add to this list

Guest Guest
As far as hey-duke stands,  I believe maybe you should un-glue yourself from your computer and maybe get a real life.  The 60,000$ i make a year at age 21 speaks enough to put everyone in this forum to shame.

so.. why do you feel the need to completely insult me compared to anyone else? get the f out, i don't care if you get paid, your work is so bland and mundane that it makes me WANT to un-glue myself from my computer.

co**y little shxt.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited per the no profanity (or anything close to profanity policy.

Someone being "cocky" is profane?

You really need to think twice, Ms. webmaster.

co**y little shxt.

Someone being "cocky" is profane?

You really need to think twice, Ms. webmaster.

:ph34r:

Archived