Scottish Food Shops

Guest John Armstrong

Guest John Armstrong

I am a former Staten Islander now living in Washington State. I would like to obtain a few phone numbers for Scottish Food Shops that are located on Kaarny Ave. Thanks for the Help.

I am a former Staten Islander now living in Washington State.  I would like to obtain a few phone numbers for Scottish Food Shops that are located on Kaarny Ave.  Thanks for the Help.

Stewarts of Kearny, 338 Kearny (201) 991-1436, is the only Scottish butcher left in town. Stewarts has a website that you can order from....a good way to get a taste of home. www.stewartsofkearny.com

The Argyle and The Thistle are still in town if you want a fish and chip diner.

Everything else is GONE GONE GONE!

SO, SAD SAD SAD

I am a former Staten Islander now living in Washington State.  I would like to obtain a few phone numbers for Scottish Food Shops that are located on Kaarny Ave.  Thanks for the Help.

There aren't too many left in Kearny, but this one down the shore is still run by the original family ( I don't think Stewarts is). And, they ship every Tuesday across the country.

We shop there every week for meat pies, sliced and bridies. Although the prices are higher than what you remember, the quality is still excellent.

http://www.cameronsofkearny.net/

Guest Guest
Stewarts of Kearny, 338 Kearny  (201) 991-1436, is the only Scottish butcher left in town. Stewarts has a website that you can order from....a good way to get a taste of home.  www.stewartsofkearny.com

SO, SAD SAD SAD

Yes, all anglo ethnic tradition is on the way out.

Guest Guest
anglo ethnic tradition

well it's nice to hear from our poor, persecuted non "anglo" friends out there.

why do you feel the need to post this......can't we all just get along?

racists come in all flavors, yes? - thanks for doing your part.

Guest Guest

Stewarts is the only one left that I know of... but if you want, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Perivian, Ecuadoran, you have your choice to pick from. Sorry, but you must be gone along time.... Good Luck.

There aren't too many left in Kearny, but this one down the shore is still run by the original family ( I don't think Stewarts is). And, they ship every Tuesday across the country.

We shop there every week for meat pies, sliced and bridies. Although the prices are higher than what you remember, the quality is still excellent.

http://www.cameronsofkearny.net/

Actually, according to Stewart's Web site there are still run by the original family...third generation I believe. Nevertheless, it is good to see that both Cameron's and Stewart's are holding onto tradition.

Guest guest

THERE IS A STEWARTS IN POINT PLEASANT IT IS ON BAY AVE IN POINT PLESANT NJ.CALL INFORMATION FOR THE TELEPHONE WE GO THERE EVERYIME WE ARE DOWN THERE IT IS JUST GREAT.

Guest Guest

SO, SAD SAD SAD

I do miss Heather's Fish & Chips, thought they had he best batter.

Anyone knoe if the recipe was sold/passed on to somewhere else?

Guest Kearny guy
lol, even if that's true, it's just a comic book. Get over it.

Is this guy Strife767 the most annoying poster or what?? He has a comment for almost every post on every topic...and that silly footnote referencing his favorite topic has got to go. He needs to find a girlfriend, hobby, job or whatever it takes to occupy his time and bring back some normalcy to KOTW.

Guest Michele
THERE IS A STEWARTS IN POINT PLEASANT IT IS ON BAY AVE IN POINT PLESANT NJ.CALL INFORMATION FOR THE TELEPHONE WE GO THERE EVERYIME WE ARE DOWN THERE IT IS JUST GREAT.

the Stewart Family still own and run Stewarts of Kearny since 1931. We are located in Kearny and Pt. Pleasant. We sold the Brick store and moved that operation over to Pt. Pleasant. You can still get the same great homemade products in Pt. Pleasant and also have a great meal in the restaurant. We offer Fish-n-Chips, great seafood and meat dishes, homemade soups daily. The phone number is 732-899-2280 or 732-920-0393 for any questions or information. We look forward to seeing you

Is this guy Strife767 the most annoying poster or what?? He has a comment for almost every post on every topic...

Yeah, man...actively contributing to a forum must be the most annoying thing ever. :rolleyes: Explain that to all of us, please.

and that silly footnote referencing his favorite topic has got to go.

Can't handle the truth, huh? Not surprising.

He needs to find a girlfriend, hobby, job

I'm set in all three of those departments already, thanks. :huh:

or whatever it takes to occupy his time and bring back some normalcy to KOTW.

I wonder how you define "normalcy."

Guest Kearny guy
Yeah, man...actively contributing to a forum must be the most annoying thing ever. ^_^ Explain that to all of us, please.

Can't handle the truth, huh? Not surprising.

I'm set in all three of those departments already, thanks. :D

I wonder how you define "normalcy."

Exactly. See what I mean?

Guest Guest
"Yeah, man...actively contributing to a forum must be the most annoying thing ever. :lol:  Explain that to all of us, please."

Contributing? You pick apart the opinions of others, act as though you are a representative for the LaClairs by responding to post directed to Paul LaClair and then wonder why people grow weary of you. You may have contributed somethings about 500 posts ago, but since then you have been nothing a blur on the screen.

Guest John A.

Thanks to all for the information on Scottish food shops in the Kearny. I have been a long distance customer & some time "Walk In" to Stewart's in Brick and now at Pt. Pleasant. They are a Great Family Shop. See you in June!

Contributing? You pick apart the opinions of others, act as though you are a representative for the LaClairs by responding to post directed to Paul LaClair and then wonder why people grow weary of you. You may have contributed somethings about 500 posts ago, but since then you have been nothing a blur on the screen.

http://tinyurl.com/2aatt8

I'm done here. :blink:

Guest Guest
Yes, all anglo ethnic tradition is on the way out.

On the contrary. There's a growing number of people from Irish, Scottish, and other ethnic backgrounds slowly starting to flourish again in this region. Not all of them are thrilled about what's been happening to this town though.