Science/Religion problem solved!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

COME AND SEE THE KEARNY HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL "ANNIE" ON MARCH 15, 16 AND 17 AT 7:30 PM IN THE KHS AUDITORIUM, $10 FOR ADULTS, $5 FOR STUDENTS AND SENIORS!!!!!!!!!

You'll see how science(music) and spirituality(music) come together through our children!

Guest Guest
COME AND SEE THE KEARNY HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL "ANNIE" ON MARCH 15, 16 AND 17 AT 7:30 PM IN THE KHS AUDITORIUM, $10 FOR ADULTS, $5 FOR STUDENTS AND SENIORS!!!!!!!!!

You'll see how science(music) and spirituality(music) come together through our children!

I like that!

I heard the next play will be "Jesus Christ, Super Star".

I once saw that one performed at a church. Not very memorable as the acting wasn't very good and it was not well planned. Not saying that's because it was at a church, just that this particular play was poorly done.

I also saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat as a school play when I was in high school. It was amazingly well done. They had great sets and costumes, and even hired a professional choreographer. It was so well done that it was hard to believe that the actors were amateurs, and high school students at that. But I recognized most of them. The kid who played the Elvis impersonator Pharoah was in my algebra II class. Before seeing the play, I had no idea he could sing like that, or do such a good Elvis, or could present such a professional seeming stage presence. There was also a girl who sang fabulously and who also gave the impression of being a seasoned professional, though she too was a student at the school. It was by far the best school play I've ever seen. Those two really carried the show, though there were others who performed competently as well. It was a very good performance in the general sense, not just "good for a bunch of amateurs".

I guess my point is, don't assume that an amateur production with high school kids as actors will necessarily S**K. It can, of course. But not always. If this Annie production is anywhere near as good as the one I mention above, and if what folks have said in another thread about a particularly talented girl is true, then it's worth seeing. I think I'd take a chance on it if I lived there.

Guest Guest
I once saw that one performed at a church. Not very memorable as the acting wasn't very good and it was not well planned. Not saying that's because it was at a church, just that this particular play was poorly done.

I also saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat as a school play when I was in high school. It was amazingly well done. They had great sets and costumes, and even hired a professional choreographer. It was so well done that it was hard to believe that the actors were amateurs, and high school students at that. But I recognized most of them. The kid who played the Elvis impersonator Pharoah was in my algebra II class. Before seeing the play, I had no idea he could sing like that, or do such a good Elvis, or could present such a professional seeming stage presence. There was also a girl who sang fabulously and who also gave the impression of being a seasoned professional, though she too was a student at the school. It was by far the best school play I've ever seen. Those two really carried the show, though there were others who performed competently as well. It was a very good performance in the general sense, not just "good for a bunch of amateurs".

I guess my point is, don't assume that an amateur production with high school kids as actors will necessarily S**K. It can, of course. But not always. If this Annie production is anywhere near as good as the one I mention above, and if what folks have said in another thread about a particularly talented girl is true, then it's worth seeing. I think I'd take a chance on it if I lived there.

She's that good! As are a few others in the cast.