Are you serious?!?

Guest Guest

<_<

Hilarious.  Selective hearing/reading in action.

Matthew brought up the problem of evil very late, according to the Dranger transcript.

It starts with Matthew's suggestion that the flood may have been a mistake on God's part.  At that point, free will was introduced and the discussion of the problem of evil ensued.  It's about 80% down and continues to the end of the class (and after that Matthew brings up eternal torment).

The part about a being creating the universe occurred at about the halfway point.

http://www.dranger.com/classtranscript.html

Mr. Lawyer ends up with a straw man.

What job would you have if lawyers weren't allowed to argue fallaciously, Mr. LaClair?

"this is the issue: God is not only for

(love??inaudible) the way he describes himself in the scriptures, he

is also completely just."

How is eternally tormenting someone "just?"

How is eternally tormenting someone "just?"

Heh. Fresh from changing the subject, Paul shifts the burden of proof, marrying the red herring fallacy with another fallacy.

I'll encourage Paul to address here the fact that he botched his presentation of Paszkiewicz explanation of the problem of evil (instead of trying to bury his mistake by changing the subject).

I'll start a separate thread so that Paul can make his case that eternal punishment is unjust.

Though it's fine with me if somebody else helps Paul out in that department.

Heh.  Fresh from changing the subject, Paul shifts the burden of proof, marrying the red herring fallacy with another fallacy.

I'll encourage Paul to address here the fact that he botched his presentation of Paszkiewicz explanation of the problem of evil (instead of trying to bury his mistake by changing the subject).

I'll start a separate thread so that Paul can make his case that eternal punishment is unjust.

Though it's fine with me if somebody else helps Paul out in that department.

Paszkiewicz's "explanation" of the problem of evil is the typical hard-line fire-and-brimstone nonsense that brutish cultures used to frighten children into unthinking obedience for centuries. You can parse it any way you like, that's what it is.

Guest Guest
:ninja:  Has any intelligent person really read and understand some of these postings and opinions onthis web site?  Everyone is bashing the teacher for answering a question from one of his students (and answered honestly), but not one person is expressing that this teacher's rights were violated.  He was secretly taped!!! Not knowing he was being recorded!  The last time I heard about that it was illegal.  Then he was "taped" again without knowing.

In my opinion, this kid is attention hungry and so is his parents.  What kind of life lesson are they teaching him?  How to be sneaky?  How to be manipulative?  How to scum a person behind their back?  the child asked a question and he did not like the answer so he went crying to mommy and daddy.

The parents of this child should stop this circus and teach this child you if you don't want the truth, don't ask the question!

It IS NOT illegal to record somebody. It IS illegal, however, to use somebody's recorded voice without their permission for the following:

-quotes in public media (including: periodicals, television, and movies)

-legal evidence

It IS illegal, however, to use somebody's recorded voice without their permission for the following:

-quotes in public media (including: periodicals, television, and movies)

-legal evidence

I don't think so. Where are you getting that?