Some sad people out there

Guest Observer fan

Guest Observer fan

I just read Munchie's post. It frightens me to think there are people out there who use their kids to send a message. Munchie, your cluelessness is astounding. You might not like it, but newspaper do have the right to express their opinions. First you people complained the Observer didn't let your side of the story be heard. If you read the paper this week, you'd see the majority of the story was about Mr. P's supporters and their speeches at that meeting. Now the complaint is we have the freedom of speech, but the Observer doesn't. They have every right as a newspaper to express their opinion in an editorial as you do as a citizen. Thing is, just like all the rest of your right-wing nut friends, when free speech is used to expose you people for the horrible things you do, like using kids as "pawns," you flip out and forget what free speech is all about. Awful. Jsut awful.

I just read Munchie's post. It frightens me to think there are people out there who use their kids to send a message. Munchie, your cluelessness is astounding. You might not like it, but newspaper do have the right to express their opinions. First you people complained the Observer didn't let your side of the story be heard. If you read the paper this week, you'd see the majority of the story was about Mr. P's supporters and their speeches at that meeting. Now the complaint is we have the freedom of speech, but the Observer doesn't.  They have every right as a newspaper to express their opinion in an editorial as you do as a citizen. Thing is, just like all the rest of your right-wing nut friends, when free speech is used to expose you people for the horrible things you do, like using kids as "pawns," you flip out and forget what free speech is all about. Awful. Jsut awful.

You're free to express your point of view as long as you agree with the radical right. That's what the authoritarian personality is all about: my way or the highway. They're always right. Just ask them.

Guest Kardinal Mom
I just read Munchie's post. It frightens me to think there are people out there who use their kids to send a message. Munchie, your cluelessness is astounding. You might not like it, but newspaper do have the right to express their opinions. First you people complained the Observer didn't let your side of the story be heard. If you read the paper this week, you'd see the majority of the story was about Mr. P's supporters and their speeches at that meeting. Now the complaint is we have the freedom of speech, but the Observer doesn't.  They have every right as a newspaper to express their opinion in an editorial as you do as a citizen. Thing is, just like all the rest of your right-wing nut friends, when free speech is used to expose you people for the horrible things you do, like using kids as "pawns," you flip out and forget what free speech is all about. Awful. Jsut awful.

Yes, it is awful, just awful that Paul LaClair is using a Muslim girl as a pawn! It's a fact that she is very happy having Mr. P as a teacher. But, the Observer makes no comment on Paul LaClairs "pawn". It's obvious how one sided the Observer really is.

Guest Steve_C
Yes, it is awful, just awful that Paul LaClair is using a Muslim girl as a pawn! It's a fact that she is very happy having Mr. P as a teacher. But, the Observer makes no comment on Paul LaClairs "pawn". It's obvious how one sided the Observer really is.

How is it that Paul is using the muslim girl as a pawn? It was Mr. P that said because of her religion and despite the fact that Mr. P thinks she's a great person and athlete... she belongs in hell.

Paul didn't talk about her beliefs in class. Mr. P did.

Mr. P said alot of things in his class to manipulate his students.

Dinosaurs on the bloody ark?

Guest Guest

It is ironic that Canessa thinks Matthew is a hero for excercising his freedom of speech...When our children do the same, we are using them!

It is ironic that Canessa thinks Matthew is a hero for excercising his freedom of speech...When our children do the same, we are using them!

You were using them. It was very obvious. However, I don't have the problem with it that Mr. Canessa has. I expect parents to "train" their children in their own ways. I just think the display was distasteful and at times rude and even obnoxious. I do, however, salute the woman who said she made sure the kids lowered their signs while we were speaking. I think we should be careful about not casting a blanket over any group of people.

Guest Dingo Dave

There is a huge difference between a 16 year old boy standing up for what he believes are his constitutional rights, and parents taking their 6 year old children to wave 'Jesus saves' signs at a local government meeting.