Vol. Fire Dept. /pvt. Ems

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

At the next town meeting, lets ask the Mayor how much the town would save if we went to a volunteer Fire Department. A private EMS company could be retained at a fraction of the cost. I bet your taxes would go down THOUSANDS as the fire department is the BIGGEST portion of your tax bill. It would be great to use that savings to pay our car insurance. Their salaries are outrageous. I believe the residents of the town pay approximately $7 MILLION TO $8 MILLION A YEAR OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY TO KEEP FEEDING THIS DINOSAUR of a fire dept. running. The AVERAGE SALARY OF A FIREMAN IN HARRISON IS APPROXIMATELY $90,000.00 A YEAR. THAT IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST IN NJ. DO YOU MAKE THAT MUCH FOR DOING NOTHING. LETS STAND UP AND DEMAND AN EXPLANATION. NEPOTISM IS NOT GOING TO CUT-IT ANYMORE. I BET THAT NO MORE THAN 10 % ARE TOWN RSIDENTS, BUT SOME OF THEIR KIDS ARE IN THE Harrison public school system. HOW IS THAT! And how is a teacher who is at top pay living alone in the Harrison Gardens when the elderly are living in poverty just to pay the rent. Shame on you.

Archived