Kearny Ball Fields

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Can someone tell me why the town closes all LL fields just because one is flooded? There was nothing wrong with the south LL field on Tues, but the games were cancelled because the Oval fields had puddles. Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't the field with the water problems be closed, or taken care of, instead of closing them all? It rained the night before, why weren't those fields taken care of early in the day if the town knows games are scheduled in the evening......guess its just easier to cancel them then do alittle work.

Guest P.F.L.L.
Can someone tell me why the town closes all LL fields just because one is flooded? There was nothing wrong with the south LL field on Tues, but the games were cancelled because the Oval fields had puddles. Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't the field with the water problems be closed, or taken care of, instead of closing them all? It rained the night before, why weren't those fields taken care of early in the day if the town knows games are scheduled in the evening......guess its just easier to cancel them then do alittle work.

WELCOME TO KEARNY!!! HOW ABOUT THE BLACK FENCING WITH THE NEW BLEACHERS YOU CANT EVEN SEE THRU IT. MASTERS AT WORK I'D SAY. BUT NOT TO BASH THE PARK IS LOOKING REALLY GOOD.I WONDER IF THEY ARE PLANNING SOME KIND OF FENCING FOR THE FIRST BASE DUGOUT TO PROTECT THE KIDS I HEARD THEY HAVE NO PLANS TO DO SO. OH WELL SAFETY LAST....LOL :rolleyes:

Guest Coach
My kids both played their T-ball and Mini-Minor games that night, so I'm pretty sure only one or two fields were closed due to the rain the night before.

Guest Guest
:rolleyes: and by "fixing them up" I don't mean putting horrible black fencing in front of bleachers. Thank godness we got bleachers up in the South, but whats the use if we can't see through the fence! Parents still stand in front of the old fence near the concession stand to view the game. Even if you sit on the bleachers and TRY to see through the fence, your view of the batters box is blocked by the high dug-out. Oh well, guess I'll have to sit out by the scoreboard. Just another example of wasted town money.

Guest CONCERNED PARENT
:ph34r: and by "fixing them up" I don't mean putting horrible black fencing in front of bleachers. Thank godness we got bleachers up in the South, but whats the use if we can't see through the fence! Parents still stand in front of the old fence near the concession stand to view the game. Even if you sit on the bleachers and TRY to see through the fence, your view of the batters box is blocked by the high dug-out. Oh well, guess I'll have to sit out by the scoreboard. Just another example of wasted town money.

GUESS WHAT TEMPORARY FENCE IN FRONT OF FIRST BASE DUGOUT HAS LEFT THE CONTRACTERS ARE QUOTE FINISHED TODAY SO THEY TOOK THERE FENCE!! WIDE OPEN DUGOUT NOW...LETS SE :rolleyes: E WHAT HAPPENS

Guest PlayBall

I think the reason for cancelling the games is all about insurance. My daughter play's softball at the oval behind the lady cards field. The dugouts look like the congo. Come on guys break out a weed whacker and clean that mess up. Take some pride boys. Also cut the mess off the fence. Minimal cost's for these task's.

Guest Guest
The fields are beautiful stop your crying! at least you got fields to play on. So be thankful for what you got.

By the amount of real property people are paying, the kids should be playing on sod. LOL. Do you hear yourself? Be grateful for what you have? This is the very same attitude which got you where you are. No one is accountable and we should be grateful?

Guest Coach Tony_Guest
Maybe with all the taxes we pay we can have the flooding fixed by the Pony league field house, more parking either in the front of the complex or the back by the RR tracks & maybe we can have a walkway for kids on bikes or people jogging around the whole complex where people can walk safely. Ever try to drive from the Little League East field to the Pony League field with people walking/Jogging & kids bike riding it's a very bad design if you ask me.

Guest Guest

did anyone think that maybe they cancelled all the little league games because they wanted to keep as many teams at an even level in the season so they didnt just have 1 game to replay later on i know that this is why they cancelled all games for one dangerous field(meaning to poor to play on and a danger for us to try) for KYS when i played

Guest Playball

Easy Question. Who takes care of the bathrooms down the Oval. They should be shot. Our kids use these bathrooms. T-ball kids that don't know any better. I feel sorry for the women. Big Al & DArco should be forced to use these bathrooms. They wouls be sparkling then.

Guest look in the mirror

who use's these bathrooms,they are vandalized all the time.sinks stuffed up left to over flow.people go on the floor, on seats.write all over the walls.people should be ashamed.

Guest marko
who use's these bathrooms,they are vandalized all the time.sinks stuffed up left to over flow.people go on the floor, on seats.write all over the walls.people should be ashamed.

The above quote is on the money. There use to be people that would check the facilities at all Rec. sites and report damage or vanalisum and clean them as well.

Oh, and lock them at nite. This is no longer the case. There should be part time people to perform this task again to assure the public clean restrooms. This will be an on going problem until the town hires people to perform this fuction or pay O/T to assure that tax payers have clean and useable facilities. The Recreation commision should be called to task to force the issue. It really is a problem that needs to be addresed. What do people from out of town think of us when they enter these Dens of oder. Don't blame the employees totally for these conditions, they give it their best effort when possible. Just remember Stinky runs down hill if you get my drift. ba by

Guest watcher

I've seen Leadbeatter locking up these facilities. Does that mean he is getting paid for this? If so I'll gladly do it for less just to keep him away from recieving any money from the town.

Guest Watch this
I've seen Leadbeatter locking up these facilities. Does that mean he is getting paid for this? If so I'll gladly do it for less just to keep him away from recieving any money from the town.

How about doing it for nothing. You would be good at this job because you see so much. :lol:

Guest fields

Don't the fields look great this year? There so green and it looks like the crews are keeping them in good shape. The parks workers deserve a pat on the back. Great job keep up the good work. :ph34r:

Guest Guest

YES THE FIELDS DO LOOK GREAT THIS YEAR. THE TOWN ID DOING A WONDERFUL JOB IN THAT AREA. BUT I THOUGHT THE BLEACHERS OUTFIELD IN THE SOUTH WERE A GREAT IDEA, AND THEY WERE REMOVED LAST WEEK. HAVING THOSE BLEACHERS OUTFIELD WERE A WONDERFUL ALTERNATIVE TO TRYING TO SEE THROUGH THOSE BLACK FENCES. THE NEW BLEACHERS AND NEW DUGOUTS MAKE THE SOUTH LOOK GREAT, BUT WE CAN NOT SEE THROUGH THE BLACK FENCE!!!!

SO TAKING THE BLEACHERS FROM THE OUTFIELD REALLY ISN'T GOING TO MAKE US SIT ON YOUR NEW FIRST BASES BLEACHERS, AND STRAIN TO WATCH THE GAME THROUGH THAT BLACK FENCE..............WE'LL BRING OUR OWN CHAIRS AND SIT OUTFIELD! :D

Guest Parent

Who do we talk to about getting the bleachers back. Trying to see through the fence is crazy. Looks nice, but is a distraction.

Guest South Parent

I would guess its the Rec. Dept,.....if not they would direct us to whomever is responsible for removing the bleachers from the outfield.

I really think the park is looking great, but those black fences are the only complaints I hear from anyone in the South.

Maybe if everyone called the Recreation Dept.on Tuesday morning we could get an explanation, maybe not. Either way, I'll be outfield watching the games........bleacher or lawn chair, no difference to me!

P.S. Hey John.......where's our yellow protective cover for our fences??

Archived