Mayor Santos & Council

Guest Guest

I noticed that the pictures on the Observer blog by Kevin Canessa the Mayor and councilwoman Petigrew are in attendance at the Board of Education meeting. What are their positions on this controversy? I am interested in the mayor's view since he is an attorney and worked for constitutional law firm in the City.

I noticed that the pictures on the Observer blog by Kevin Canessa the Mayor and councilwoman Petigrew are in attendance at the Board of Education meeting.  What are their positions on this controversy?  I am interested in the mayor's view since he is an attorney and worked for constitutional law firm in the City.

Squarely on the fence, I'm sure.

Guest Guest
Squarely on the fence, I'm sure.

Not really!!

Did you see where Mr. Santos was sitting at the Board of Ed. Meeting?

Take a close look at the pictures on the The Observer website.

I'm sure that the Catholic/Portuguese community does not aprove of this mayor who claims to be a Catholic to be supporting an atheist who would not even stand and salute the flag at the meeting. Shameful!!!

Doesn't look like it.

To many it looks like he took the atheist side.

Then he hasn't forgotten his legal background.

I'm sure this is exact what the Catholic Portuguese people of this town expected from this mayor.NOT! :wub:

Expected or not, I hope you're describing his position accurately, 'cause that would be a boon for the (sadly) few level-headed people around here.

I'm sure that the Catholic/Portuguese community does not aprove of this mayor who claims to be a Catholic to be supporting an atheist who would not even stand and salute the flag at the meeting. Shameful!!!

Feel that Christian love! Santos has his head on straight--he should be commended for that. Of course, your idiotic "us vs. atheists" mentality won't let you see that.

Neither Matthew nor Paul have ever described themselves as atheist (that I know of--cite if you've seen otherwise), you know...don't any of you "Christians" remember "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

Not really!!

Did you see where Mr. Santos was sitting at the Board of Ed. Meeting?

Take a close look at the pictures on the The Observer website.

A statement of raw bigotry. Shame on you.

Guest Guest
Don't be so sure!

Well then the politicans in town should quit being ... well, politicians. Come out and take a stand for what you believe in. They are the elected leaders in a town in turmoil over an issue. I don't care on which side of the fence they fall - just stay off the fence.

Guest In attendance way in the back

The Mayor sat towards the back, on the left side facing the stage. He sat with two Councilwomen and near the LaClair family. He did not speak at the microphone although one of the councilwomen did. The Mayor and the 2 councilwomen stood for and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. During the meeting, one of the 2 councilwoman had to stand up to see a speaker at the microphone when persons in front of her raised signs -- that was the photo printed in the Observer. After the meeting's open session came to an end, the Mayor talked to every Kearny citizen who approached him but he scooted away from the television camera circus there.

Guest Guest
The Mayor sat towards the back, on the left side facing the stage.  He sat with two Councilwomen and near the LaClair family.  He did not speak at the microphone although one of the councilwomen did.  The Mayor and the 2 councilwomen stood for and recited the Pledge of Allegiance.  During the meeting, one of the 2 councilwoman had to stand up to see a speaker at the microphone when persons in front of her raised signs -- that was the photo printed in the Observer.  After the meeting's open session came to an end, the Mayor talked to every Kearny citizen who approached him but he scooted away from the television camera circus there.

He's gotta come down on the side of the LaClair's when it comes to reason, but I think he needs to come down on the side of Mr. P if he wants to be re-elected.

Guest Guest
Feel that Christian love! Santos has his head on straight--he should be commended for that. Of course, your idiotic "us vs. atheists" mentality won't let you see that.

Neither Matthew nor Paul have ever described themselves as atheist (that I know of--cite if you've seen otherwise), you know...don't any of you "Christians" remember "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

Looks like Strifey knows where his bread is buttered.

Guest Guest

According to the Observers Blog, the Mayor will be making some kind of statement in this weeks Observer about the situation. So maybe you will get your wish to see how he ffeels about it.

Looks like Strifey knows where his bread is buttered.

Ha. You imply that if Santos was on Mr. P.'s side, I wouldn't rail on him for it. You wish. I am a man of integrity.

It looks like Santos is too, because I can see a previous poster's point that if he comes down against Mr. P., he will hurt his chances for re-election. All the more reason to commend him if his statement goes that way.

Also, I know Santos is a reasonable person. Even if he showed the kind of support for Mr. P. that the band of sheep did at the Board meeting, and even if I went right to his face and admonished him for it, I'm sure he wouldn't do anything unethical in response, especially concerning my job, as the above poster insinuates.

Your post is an insult to Santos's integrity as well--you realize that, don't you?

Guest Guest
Ha. You imply that if Santos was on Mr. P.'s side, I wouldn't rail on him for it. You wish. I am a man of integrity.

It looks like Santos is too, because I can see a previous poster's point that if he comes down against Mr. P., he will hurt his chances for re-election. All the more reason to commend him if his statement goes that way.

Also, I know Santos is a reasonable person. Even if he showed the kind of support for Mr. P. that the band of sheep did at the Board meeting, and even if I went right to his face and admonished him for it, I'm sure he wouldn't do anything unethical in response, especially concerning my job, as the above poster insinuates.

Your post is an insult to Santos's integrity as well--you realize that, don't you?

Don't worry Strifey, if your job was on the line you'd crumble like anyone else. Those civil service jobs are hard to come by.