Fuzzy Math ?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

Peter Higgins was quoted in the paper as follows: The redevelopment will produce 7,000 new housing units adding 8,000 new residents to the current population of 15,000. Really ???

A little more than ONE PERSON per unit ??? I hope that was a mis-quote because it is a gross under-estimate of the number of new residents that will be flooding the town and our school system.

Even if all the units were purchased by childless couples, it would still add up to 14,000 people. Realistically add one child per unit and you now have 21,000 people. An average of two children per unit and you have 28,000 new residents, almost tripling the town population.

Two children per unit also adds 14,000 new kids to the school system. While it will take a year or two for this impact to be felt, I don't know how the town will be able to handle this influx without building new schools. And where can new schools be built in Harrison without major clearing of existing properties ??

I hope town officials know something I don't, because it looks to me like a crisis is looming in our school system.

Guest Guest_harrisonian_*

The Jersey Journal (the publisher of the Kearny Journal) is bought and sold for. The reporter just copied the press release from the public relations guy and that's what he wrote.

Dear Jersey Journal owner (the Star Ledger):

You missed the real story. The judge in Jersey City disregarded the clear law on how the Harrison Redevelopment Agency violated the state statute and was not formed properly. I gather it's Hudson County corruption as usual. Amaral and Adler have 90 days to vacate. They are appealing. Once the clear abuse of power by the judge in Jersey City is reversed, the house of cards will fall apart.

The judge in Jersey City should be asking the Hudson County Prosecutor's office what's up with the Tansky case. Public confidence in the judiciary and the prosecutor's office is waining when politically connected accused are not brought to justice. If he was a drug dealer from the hood would his case have been heard already.

I wish we had a real paper instead of the Jersey Journal. They are no better than a local mom and pop newspaper. No real reporters. No real editors. No real balls.

Although I no longer live in town I still try to remain current with the goings on and from my standpoint this post is the first that made any sense to me. All i can say is "my how things have changed".

Guest C. Christie!
Peter Higgins was quoted in the paper as follows:  The redevelopment will produce 7,000 new housing units adding 8,000 new residents to the current population of 15,000.  Really ???

A little more than ONE PERSON per unit ???  I hope that was a mis-quote because it is a gross under-estimate of the number of new residents that will be flooding the town and our school system.

Even if all the units were purchased by childless couples, it would still add up to 14,000 people. Realistically add one child per unit and you now have 21,000 people. An average of two children per unit and you have 28,000 new residents, almost tripling the town population.

Two children per unit also adds 14,000 new kids to the school system. While it will take a year or two for this impact to be felt, I don't know how the town will be able to handle this influx without building new schools. And where can new schools be built in Harrison without major clearing of existing properties ??

I hope town officials know something I don't, because it looks to me like a crisis is looming in our school system.

Peter should be led out with his Trench Coat over his head along with every other

waste of human flesh in town that have been double dibbing, stuffing their pockets for years and laughing all the way to the Bank. When are the citizens of Harrison going to act other than just serve lip service to this blatant era of corruption?????