booster dinner

Guest Guest

Good luck to all the booster members who gave all their years of volunteering and are now retiring. You's all did a great job. How do you go about volunteering for the booster club. Are they going to let people know that they need volunteers. Also the cheerleaders have no coaches either they all gave it up. I hope people come out to volunteer even though it's alot of time and work.

Guest mommy dearest

correction.....after 13 years of volunteering their time for the town of Harrison and the kids who live here, 2 cheerleading coaches quit because they got nothing but a hassle from JB the head of the rec department. Our coaches made sure our kids had everything they needed. The Rec never gave us any more towards anything. I remember one time about 5 years ago my daughter was on the youth competitive dance team. The rec approved the team only if they did not have to pay for it. So we, the parents bought the uniforms and accessories and the COACH went into her OWN pocket and paid for a set of pompoms for each kid. Each set costs about $20 X 16 kids is roughly $400 including shipping and tax. We went to hershey park to compete and they won (5-8year olds) and the people from the rec did nothing to help us get there but when picture time came for the observer...there he was...smiling like he helped make that team ..AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Then a few years after that, the rec bought new competition uniforms ( the first time in 7 years, and only because the coaches fought with the rec) but they only bought 24 knowing that we had 30 on our team, when our coaches told the rec this, their response was then you have to pick 6 kids to get rid of!!!!!!!! Are you Kidding me? I thought the rec was supposed to be FOR THE KIDS....so again our coaches went into their own pockets and bought 6 more uniforms at $200 each....

So after these coaches quit, 2 more took over the competition team and asked the rec for t-shirts or something small like that, and JB said no and he did away with the competition team because and I quote " its too much of a pain in the ass and i dont need the headaches!............and this is the man we have in charge of the rec? come on people, there has to be a way to get rid of him.....

and its not just the cheerleaders, everyone has a problem with him...the football teams look like crap and they dont match.....everyone just sit back and take a moment and think about all the Volunteer coaches the Rec as seen come and go since Joe B took over. Everyone Quits because of him...thats why no one wants to volunteer!!!! its NOT because we as parents, older siblings, etc do not want to give our time, because i know alot of parents that are on the PTA and give their time in other ways to the kids...its because of JB...If the town would get rid of him, i personally think you would have a lot more people willing to help. Good Quality coaches have quit because of him. and its only going to get worse!

Guest Disgrace
correction.....after 13 years of volunteering their time for the town of Harrison and the kids who live here, 2 cheerleading coaches quit because they got nothing but a hassle from  JB the head of the rec department.  Our coaches made sure our kids had everything they needed.  The Rec never gave us any more towards anything.  I remember one time about 5 years ago my daughter was on the youth competitive dance team.  The rec approved the team only if they did not have to pay for it.  So we, the parents bought the uniforms and accessories and the COACH went into her OWN pocket and paid for a set of pompoms for each kid.  Each set costs about $20 X 16 kids is roughly $400 including shipping and tax.  We went to hershey park to compete and they won (5-8year olds) and the people from the rec did nothing to help us get there but when picture time came for the observer...there he was...smiling like he helped make that team ..AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Then a few years after that, the rec bought new competition uniforms ( the first time in 7 years, and only because the coaches fought with the rec) but they only bought 24 knowing that we had 30 on our team, when  our coaches told the rec this, their response was then you have to pick 6 kids to get rid of!!!!!!!!  Are you Kidding me?  I thought the rec was supposed to be FOR THE KIDS....so again our coaches went into their own pockets and bought 6 more uniforms at $200 each....

So after these coaches quit, 2 more took over the competition team and asked the rec for t-shirts or something small like that, and JB said no and he did away with the competition team because and I quote " its too much of a pain in the ass and i dont need the headaches!............and this is the man we have in charge of the rec?  come on people, there has to be a way to get rid of him.....

and its not just the cheerleaders, everyone has a problem with him...the football teams look like crap and they dont match.....everyone just sit back and take a moment and think about all the Volunteer coaches the Rec as seen come and go since Joe B took over.  Everyone Quits because of him...thats why no one wants to volunteer!!!!  its NOT because we as parents, older siblings, etc do not want to give our time, because i know alot of parents that are on the PTA and give their time in other ways to the kids...its because of JB...If the town would get rid of him, i personally think you would have a lot more people willing to help.  Good Quality coaches have quit because of him. and its only going to get worse!

It is a disgrace how the head of hte rec deparment doesn't want to do anything for the girls who are NOT interested in playing basketball, softball or soccer. I guess it's just a little jealousy that the only good sport in this town is cheering. While other towns praise their cheering teams our town sweeps them under the carpet. It has always been that way. I'm sure if Mr. B's two daughters were involved or maybe his granddaughters it would be a different story.

It's also a disgrace how we keep losing good coaches because the town isn't willing to work with them. They say they don't have the money for the competitions well you have the money when it comes to any other sport! Then again, stop and think about it for a minute. I'm sure you saw the mayor sitting at a baseball game, football game or maybe even a basketball game - did you ever see any of the council members as well as the mayor at a competition NO!!!! DISGRACE, DISGUSTING

They need to go

correction.....after 13 years of volunteering their time for the town of Harrison and the kids who live here, 2 cheerleading coaches quit because they got nothing but a hassle from  JB the head of the rec department.  Our coaches made sure our kids had everything they needed.  The Rec never gave us any more towards anything.  I remember one time about 5 years ago my daughter was on the youth competitive dance team.  The rec approved the team only if they did not have to pay for it.  So we, the parents bought the uniforms and accessories and the COACH went into her OWN pocket and paid for a set of pompoms for each kid.  Each set costs about $20 X 16 kids is roughly $400 including shipping and tax.  We went to hershey park to compete and they won (5-8year olds) and the people from the rec did nothing to help us get there but when picture time came for the observer...there he was...smiling like he helped make that team ..AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Then a few years after that, the rec bought new competition uniforms ( the first time in 7 years, and only because the coaches fought with the rec) but they only bought 24 knowing that we had 30 on our team, when  our coaches told the rec this, their response was then you have to pick 6 kids to get rid of!!!!!!!!  Are you Kidding me?  I thought the rec was supposed to be FOR THE KIDS....so again our coaches went into their own pockets and bought 6 more uniforms at $200 each....

So after these coaches quit, 2 more took over the competition team and asked the rec for t-shirts or something small like that, and JB said no and he did away with the competition team because and I quote " its too much of a pain in the ass and i dont need the headaches!............and this is the man we have in charge of the rec?  come on people, there has to be a way to get rid of him.....

and its not just the cheerleaders, everyone has a problem with him...the football teams look like crap and they dont match.....everyone just sit back and take a moment and think about all the Volunteer coaches the Rec as seen come and go since Joe B took over.  Everyone Quits because of him...thats why no one wants to volunteer!!!!  its NOT because we as parents, older siblings, etc do not want to give our time, because i know alot of parents that are on the PTA and give their time in other ways to the kids...its because of JB...If the town would get rid of him, i personally think you would have a lot more people willing to help.  Good Quality coaches have quit because of him. and its only going to get worse!

IS THAT 'TRUE' JB; THAT YOU 'REALLY' BOUGHT 24 uniforms for the kids , when there were 30 kids? AND DID YOU really say "get rid of 6 KIDS. BECAUSE I'm not buying 6 MORE UNIFORMS"???????

WELL JB????? WE'D 'REALLY' LIKE TO KNOW YOUR EXPLANATION !!!

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A GROUP OF AT LEAST 6 OR 7 PRESENT & EX-COACHES GET TOGETHER, AND GO SEE THE MAYOR IN PERSON TO LET HIM KNOW THAT IT IS NOT 1 OR 2 DISGRUNTLED EX-COACHES COMPLAIMING ABOUT JB, BUT THAT IT IS ALMOST ALL OF THE PAST & present coaches WHO FIND HIM AN UNFIT & NONCO-OPPERATIVE MANAGER TO DEAL WITH; AND THEY WOULD LIKE HIM 'REPLACED' AND THAT MANY OF THEM WOULD EVEN CONSIDER COMING BACK (IF AVAIALBLE ) IF A NEW TRAINED MANAGER IS APPOINTED..

Guest MR. WONDERFUL
IS THAT 'TRUE' JB; THAT YOU 'REALLY' BOUGHT 24 uniforms for the kids , when there were 30 kids?  AND DID YOU really say "get rid of 6 KIDS. BECAUSE I'm not buying 6 MORE UNIFORMS"???????   

WELL JB?????  WE'D 'REALLY' LIKE TO KNOW YOUR EXPLANATION !!!

FIRST OF ALL YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP IF THERE WERE 30 UNIFORMS NEEDED THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN 30 PLUS THERE. YOU MUST HAVE SHORT TERM MEMORY LOST OR IS IT SELECTIVE MEMORY THAT YOU ONLY HAVE .TWO YEARS I REMEMBER THERE WERE 60 PLUS GIRLS ON THE PEE WEE TEAM AND MR. B TOLD THE COACHES THAT EVERY GIRL MAKES THE TEAM AND MADE SURE THAT THEY ALL HAD UNIFORMS . THE ONLY TIME GIRLS WERE CUT WERE ON THE SPECIAL TEAMS FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL AND WANTED THE REC TO PAY FOR ALL THERE TRIPS ( or should i say vacations for the coaches ) AND COMPETE AGAINST THEMSELVES ( how soon we forget MR.G and M.L ) WORLD CHAMPIONS OF NO COMPETITION.