Discrimination against atheists

Strife767

<-- part 1, the 'report' on discrimination against atheists

<-- part 2, the part where CNN clearly proves that the discrimination it talks about in part 1 is not only existent, but palpably so, as it gets three theists to have a completely biased "open panel" where they just spend several minutes bashing atheists and trotting out ridiculous fallacies and outright lies (a return to the "Christian nation" nonsense, for one)

It's depressing and frustrating to see this kind of garbage on CNN, and to wonder how many other people are this bigoted. :P

<-- part 2, the part where CNN clearly proves that the discrimination it talks about in part 1 is not only existent, but palpably so, as it gets three theists to have a completely biased "open panel" where they just spend several minutes bashing atheists and trotting out ridiculous fallacies and outright lies (a return to the "Christian nation" nonsense, for one)

It's depressing and frustrating to see this kind of garbage on CNN, and to wonder how many other people are this bigoted. :wub:

The current "president" and his father both said that an atheist is not a good American. That they could say that without the slightest political fallout and nary a peep of protest from anyone, and that they would say it to gain political favor from bigots illustrates the disgraceful state of American prejudices against atheists.

Guest Patriot

It's depressing and frustrating to see this kind of garbage on CNN, and to wonder how many other people are this bigoted. :ninja:

DUH !! Did you just land on this planet ? This is a CHRISTIAN NATION. If you're so stupid as to think we all came about as a result of some huge accident then you should keep it to yourself. In a CHRISTIAN NATION you can expect to be ridiculed and shunned by CHRISTIANS who understandably treat people like you with mistrust and suspicion. Personally speaking, I wouldn't trust atheists either.

DUH !!  Did you just land on this planet ?  This is a CHRISTIAN NATION.  If you're so stupid as to think we all came about as a result of some huge accident then you should keep it to yourself. In a CHRISTIAN NATION you can expect to be ridiculed and shunned by CHRISTIANS who understandably treat people like you with mistrust and suspicion. Personally speaking, I wouldn't trust atheists either.

This is just sick. This so-called "Patriot" does not believe in "liberty and justice for all," but only in his liberty to do whatever he pleases to those he deems to be his inferiors. There is nothing patriotic about it. This nation's Founders would be appalled.

DUH !!  Did you just land on this planet ?  This is a CHRISTIAN NATION.

No, it isn't. Writing it in all caps doesn't make it true.

If you're so stupid as to think we all came about as a result of some huge accident then you should keep it to yourself.

I don't think that--what gave you that idea?

In a CHRISTIAN NATION you can expect to be ridiculed and shunned by CHRISTIANS who understandably treat people like you with mistrust and suspicion.

This is irrelevant because the USA is not a Christian nation. :P Also, understandably? Please explain what it is about atheists that makes them untrustworthy and suspicious. Be specific.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't trust atheists either.

Well, obviously--I wouldn't expect anything better from you, bigoted trash.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo
DUH !!  Did you just land on this planet ?  This is a CHRISTIAN NATION.  If you're so stupid as to think we all came about as a result of some huge accident then you should keep it to yourself. In a CHRISTIAN NATION you can expect to be ridiculed and shunned by CHRISTIANS who understandably treat people like you with mistrust and suspicion. Personally speaking, I wouldn't trust atheists either.

Who said it's a Christian Nation?

Yes, it's a CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Jews, Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists. They should all be sent home, or better yet, gassed like they did in Germany, right?

Not only is it a CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION with no room for black people here. Segregation now, segregation forever.

And not only is it a WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for females. What Athiest gave women the vote? Who even allowed women to learn to read and write?

And not only is it a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Catholics, who last I checked also believe in Jesus. After all, isn't the Pope the Anti-Christ?

And not only is it a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT BAPTIST CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Methodists, Presbyterians, Congregationalists, Episcopalians, etc.

Welcome to the KKK - alive and well in Kearny, NJ. This is where your bigotry and hatred leads. Welcome to the Taliban, alive and well in Kearny, NJ.

God save all of us from the Christians. Their view of the world will get us all killed. Can't you feel the love of Jesus?

This is just sick. This so-called "Patriot" does not believe in "liberty and justice for all," but only in his liberty to do whatever he pleases to those he deems to be his inferiors. There is nothing patriotic about it. This nation's Founders would be appalled.

Disgusting, isn't it?

Something interesting that was pointed out in that "brief history about atheists" thing, and which sounds about right to me, is that if the founding fathers ran for the presidency today, they would have no chance of winning, thanks to the anti-atheist, nay, anti-everything-but-Christianity attitude of a saddening lot of people in the USA.

someone already beat me to the obvious point.... replace CHRISTIAN NATION with WHITE NATION and see how you sound. If you change it from christian to white and still believe your statement, everyone should start being very, very afraid of Kearny.

Guest Keith-Marshall,MO
Yes, it's a CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Jews, Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists.  They should all be sent home, or better yet, gassed like they did in Germany, right?

Not only is it a CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION with no room for black people here.  Segregation now, segregation forever.

And not only is it a WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for females.  What Athiest gave women the vote?  Who even allowed women to learn to read and write?

And not only is it a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Catholics, who last I checked also believe in Jesus.  After all, isn't the Pope the Anti-Christ?

And not only is it a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT BAPTIST CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Methodists, Presbyterians, Congregationalists, Episcopalians, etc. 

Welcome to the KKK - alive and well in Kearny, NJ.  This is where your bigotry and hatred leads.  Welcome to the Taliban, alive and well in Kearny, NJ.

God save all of us from the Christians.  Their view of the world will get us all killed.  Can't you feel the love of Jesus?

Well said...well said,indeed.

Yes, it's a CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Jews, Muslims, Hindus or Buddhists.  They should all be sent home, or better yet, gassed like they did in Germany, right?

Not only is it a CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION with no room for black people here.  Segregation now, segregation forever.

And not only is it a WHITE CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for females.  What Athiest gave women the vote?  Who even allowed women to learn to read and write?

And not only is it a WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN NATION, but it's a WHITE MALE PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN NATION, with no room for Catholics, who last I checked also believe in Jesus.  After all, isn't the Pope the Anti-Christ?

Welcome to the KKK - alive and well in Kearny, NJ.  This is where your bigotry and hatred leads.  Welcome to the Taliban, alive and well in Kearny, NJ.

God save all of us from the Christians.  Their view of the world will get us all killed.  Can't you feel the love of Jesus?

All kids reading this: This is what drugs do to you !!

Guest 2smart4u

Ha ! This nation's founders would *** * *** ***** *** **** of an atheist. ( Too bad you didn't live in the 1700's. LOL )

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Patriot
Who said it's a Christian Nation?

You DID just land on the planet !! "One nation under God" in our pledge ; All currency reads, "In God we trust" ; we testify in court swearing on a bible to tell the truth "so help me God". I know you good 'ol boys are a little slow but try to keep up.

I'm SURE that Jewish, Buddhist, and Muslim Americans among others will be SO happy to hear what PattyRat has to say.

Of course as usual you stupid piece of crap--YOU LIE!

Just exactly WHERE in the Constitution is there a mention of Christ?

Do you really believe in anything beyond your own stupid deluions?

someone already beat me to the obvious point.... replace CHRISTIAN NATION with WHITE NATION and see how you sound. If you change it from christian to white and still believe your statement, everyone should start being very, very afraid of Kearny.

It's not limited to Kearny. Never forget that a fish rots from the head.

It was after all the President of the United States who has such a lack of historical perspective that he referred to the war on terror as a Crusade.

Looks like this nut-case got the tin-foil a little too tight again.

You DID just land on the planet !!  "One nation under God" in our pledge ; All currency reads, "In God we trust" ; we testify in court swearing on a bible to tell the truth "so help me God".  I know you good 'ol boys  are a little slow but try to keep up.

Let's see, in GOD we trust, one Nation under GOD, so help me GOD.

I don't see any mention of JESUS in that, do You? Or is that more Kearny Education creeping through?

There is no Christianity in any of that. And in Arabic, the word for GOD is ALLAH. So I could say, in ALLAH we trust, one Nation under ALLAH, so help me ALLAH.

Kind of flies in the face of your CHRISTIAN NATION.

Guest Top the Stupidity
You DID just land on the planet !!  "One nation under God" in our pledge ; All currency reads, "In God we trust" ; we testify in court swearing on a bible to tell the truth "so help me God".  I know you good 'ol boys  are a little slow but try to keep up.

So in your delusional little mind "One nation under God" and "In God we trust" YOU see the words Jesus Christ or One CHRISTIAN nation under God?

Amzng, there are known to be through history AT LEAST 5,000 names for God and apparently an idiot like you knows which one is being referred to? I think NOT!

Ha !  This nation's founders would *** * *** ***** *** **** of an atheist. ( Too bad you didn't live in the 1700's.  LOL )

Yikes...I don't think I've ever seen such a large string of censoring in a forum post. Nothing against it, but yeah...just gives an idea of the kind of person the above poster is. Shameful.

You DID just land on the planet !!   "One nation under God" in our pledge ;

Not present until many years AFTER the country was founded.

All currency reads, "In God we trust" ;

Also not present until many years AFTER the country was founded.

we testify in court swearing on a bible to tell the truth "so help me God".

No "we" don't. No one has to swear on a Bible in court and say "so help me God"--I believe one can if one _wants_ to, but it's not mandatory. Idiot.

I know you good 'ol boys  are a little slow but try to keep up.

How ironic, considering the content of your post.

Wrong all three times. "under God" was not part of the original pledge; "In God We Trust" was not required to be added to our money until the hyper-paranoid Red Scare of the 1950s; and testifying in court does NOT require swearing on a bible.

Apparently, you don't need much of a brain to be a "patriot." Indeed, it seems to be a positive hindrance.

Guest Steve_C
Ha !  This nation's founders would *** * *** ***** *** **** of an atheist. ( Too bad you didn't live in the 1700's.  LOL )

Someone doesn't know too much about the creation of the Constitution and the bill of rights.

Alot of the founders were deists and pantheists. The created the first amendment with both atheists and theists in mind.

Nowhere in the constitution or bill of rights is there anything about apostasy.

Why don't you read up on Jefferson and Washington. Both of whom only tolerated organized religion.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

Look Patriass!

All of those things you cited were incorported years after this country was founded and then they were added by those who gave absolutely no creedence to the beliefs of others. I am immune to your insults although I might be offended provided that I had an ounce of respect for you.

• 1 year later...
Guest A concerned observer

Well the easiest way to prove that America is not a "Christian Nation" is to note that he/she bases their arguement assuming that The founding fathers are Christian

Well, If you really study your history, instead of listening to a preacher rail against alternate religions in class, you would know about the deistic views of Adams, Jefferson, Hamilton, Franklin, Washington, and even the foreigner's who fought for our freedom, the Marquis de Lafayette, Baron Von Steuben, Marshall Casimir Pulaski.

Also you would know about the Treaty signed by the United States called The Treaty of Tripoi. Specifically cite article 11 of siad treaty....."Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The Senate's ratification was only the third recorded unanimous vote of 339 taken. The treaty was printed in the Philadelphia Gazette and two New York papers, with no evidence of any public dissent. Ergo America was not founded as a "Christian Nation" . Also this argument can may be substituted for one which simply reminds the ignorant that America was founded on a principle of religious tolerance....thus the separation of church and state they work so hard to destroy now that the religious have usurped the critical positions in government which may now be turned upon the enlightened, rational, educated and intelligent individuals of this country.

I thank you for taking the time to read through this post and look forward to any rebuttals.