today's jersey

Guest Guest

You are correct, they don't offer any good programs for the kids in this town.  It's a shame that the head of the recreational department is more concerned with kissing ass.  Now I don't know him on a personal level but I don't think he has any credentials that qualify him to run the recreational department.  The job was handed to him and I'm sorry to say he is doing a terrible job.  The children are suffering.  I can look back at my childhood and remember the GREAT programs they had for the kids. In the summer time the playgrounds were full with kids doing arts and crafts - now we are lucky if we have playgrounds for them to play in.  I also remember the rec center being opend past 6pm allowing the kids somewhere to go and play - they should bring this back - why should it be opened during the day when the kids are at school.

So sad we need new people running this program, how about someone with a college degree.

It seems that "13 years ago" SOMEONE felt that it was the towns best interest to invest and hire a person WITHOUT a college degree. Perhaps an an individual with qualifications of previously being a "janitor from Heinz" and/or a "bartender at the Lith Club". Then you wonder why the progragms stink. Putting him in charge of the rec did nothing but deprive the youth of Harrison. Way to Go Raymond....Two thumbs up your A$$.....

******** HARRISON NEEDS A CHANGE STARTING WITH THE MAYOR **********

SOOOO......    DOES THAT MEAN BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING IT FOR FREEE, THAT harrison will let anyone work with children, even if they torment and ridicule the children; possibly causing psychological harm to them instead of helping them to develop and mature into, caring young adults, able to work and interact in social  work situations with other people and groups.

One of the 'main purposes' of these sports, is to teach and SHOW the  kids BY EXAMPLE, how to WORK WELL  with other people .  If the coach herself or himself is unable to DEPORT themself in such a manner,  than they  should be deemed "UNQUALIFIED" for the Volunteer position!!!

If wee have a coach who keeps YELLING and HUMILIATING the kids, half will drooop out and WHO is to blame? 

WE DON"T NEED A COACH WHO IS "FULL" OF HERSELF or HIMSELF!!!

AMEN!

You are correct, they don't offer any good programs for the kids in this town.  It's a shame that the head of the recreational department is more concerned with kissing ass.  Now I don't know him on a personal level but I don't think he has any credentials that qualify him to run the recreational department.  The job was handed to him and I'm sorry to say he is doing a terrible job.  The children are suffering.  I can look back at my childhood and remember the GREAT programs they had for the kids. In the summer time the playgrounds were full with kids doing arts and crafts - now we are lucky if we have playgrounds for them to play in.  I also remember the rec center being opend past 6pm allowing the kids somewhere to go and play - they should bring this back - why should it be opened during the day when the kids are at school.

So sad we need new people running this program, how about someone with a college degree.

Your right we need somebody young, with spunk, and somebody that is going to go after things for our kids not someone who is just going to dwell on how it never worked. The past is the past we need to look at the future for our kids.

Oh, one more thing while we are on the subject of FOLLOWING RULES, the league was for 3rd- 5th graders only.  O.K.  Thats fine.  The football league is only for HARRISON RESIDENTS.  How is it that Kearny residents were allowed to play?  What would the Meadowlands Conf. say if they found this out?  Would it be fair to the rest of the kids who try out and dont make it who live in town?  Funny how the rules only apply when its to your advantage!

Let me first say this - do you have any idea how stupid/annoying you really are??

No. 1, the football league is for Harrison AND East Newark residents.

No. 2, that's who played.

No. 3, TRY OUT and DON'T MAKE IT??? Are you serious? You TRY and act like you know stuff, you don't know jack!!!

No. 4, just shut up now, you're wrong and the people REALLY involved with the football teams know your wrong - so go back to posting about other stuff you know nothing about and leave the 20 football players in town alone!

Let me first say this - do you have any idea how stupid/annoying you really are??

No. 1, the football league is for Harrison AND East Newark residents. 

No. 2, that's who played. 

No. 3, TRY OUT and DON'T MAKE IT???  Are you serious?  You TRY and act like you know stuff, you don't know jack!!!

No. 4, just shut up now, you're wrong and the people REALLY involved with the football teams know your wrong - so go back to posting about other stuff you know nothing about and leave the 20 football players in town alone!

oNE PERSON SAYS THAT ky RESIDENTS WERE ALLOWED TO PLAY & ANOTHER PERSON SAYS 'NO KY RESIDENTS WERE ALLOWED TO PLAY. iT'S A SMALL TOWN, i'M SURE THAT MANY OF THE SPECTATORS & PLAYERS AND THEIR PARENTS CAN TELL US WHETHER OR NOT ANY OF THE PLAYERS WERE FROM OUT OF TOWN.