Return shopping cart month

pbrown

Here's something to give y'all a little bit of a laugh.

Did you know that February was National Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month???

No kidding.

Here's a related article and a link. I found the link to the blog interesting.

America — Wednesday, February 21st. We’ve all seen them and wondered how they got there — a supermarket shopping cart, sitting forlornly along a residential street, far from the nearest grocery store. Was it a prank, or someone who walked to the store and bought more than they could carry? Either way, this is Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month — including milk crates and bread trays. The idea is for consumers to avoid the increased food prices that result when store owners have to replace stolen equipment. And supermarkets play a big role in everyday life. There are more than 6,600 supermarkets across the nation, selling $395 billion of groceries each year. You can find these and more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau on the Web at <www.census.gov>.

:ph34r:

Shopping Carts Blog

Here's something to give y'all a little bit of a laugh.

Did you know that February was National Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month???

No kidding.

Here's a related article and a link. I found the link to the blog interesting.

America — Wednesday, February 21st. We’ve all seen them and wondered how they got there — a supermarket shopping cart, sitting forlornly along a residential street, far from the nearest grocery store. Was it a prank, or someone who walked to the store and bought more than they could carry? Either way, this is Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month — including milk crates and bread trays. The idea is for consumers to avoid the increased food prices that result when store owners have to replace stolen equipment. And supermarkets play a big role in everyday life. There are more than 6,600 supermarkets across the nation, selling $395 billion of groceries each year. You can find these and more facts about America from the U.S. Census Bureau on the Web at <www.census.gov>.

:rolleyes:

Shopping Carts Blog

I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with the Leclair/Mr. P issue?

"NOTHING".....This is an open board that isn't restricted to one topic of conversation correct?

You have a choice. You can read what I posted or not.

Since you apparently read the post, I hope that it made you chuckle just a bit.

Have a great day!!!! :ninja:

Either this is clever satire (doubtful considering you spelled Matthew/Paul's last name wrong), or pure obliviousness. :ninja: This particular forum is about happenings in Kearny (I'm guessing national events apply since Kearny is part of the nation *chuckles*), of which the KHS issue(s) is but one.

I'm sorry, but, Kearny on the Web was not created for the sole use of the LeClairs. This site had been established for a couple of years, for the people of Kearny,........ unless of course you're being sarcastic,..... which made me laugh! :ninja:

I don't mind reading about the La Clairs or Mr. P., and I actually enjoy reading the opinions of all posters on this board, whether I agree or not. In posting the shopping cart tidbit, I thought it would be a nice change to post something a bit on the lighter side. I don't know about all of you, but on occasion I need a little break from the heavy stuff.

I certainly can't speak for Paul La Clair, Mr. P, Strife767, Dingo Dave, Bryan, Keith-Marshall,MO, guest, guest, or guest, but I'm sure they all like a silly laugh once in awhile too.

You all have a great day!

Patty Brown

"NOTHING".....This is an open board that isn't restricted to one topic of conversation correct?

You have a choice. You can read what I posted or not.

Since you apparently read the post, I hope that it made you chuckle just a bit.

Have a great day!!!! :ph34r:

Either this is clever satire (doubtful considering you spelled Matthew/Paul's last name wrong), or pure obliviousness. :ph34r: This particular forum is about happenings in Kearny (I'm guessing national events apply since Kearny is part of the nation *chuckles*), of which the KHS issue(s) is but one.

I'm sorry, but, Kearny on the Web was not created for the sole use of the LeClairs. This site had been established for a couple of years, for the people of Kearny,........ unless of course you're being sarcastic,..... which made me laugh! :blink:

:wub: Why does everything have to associated with that bullsht, There are other things in this life more interesting and more important than that kid and his drama :wub:  :wub:

Satire...sarcasm, what ever you want to call it. At least a couple of you got it.