7 members have voted

1. 1. Who you Voting for?

• Bush
    • Kerry

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hey Radagast

Hey Radagast, You're just like all the rest of the Bush Hating Liberals out there. Hate him with all your might and try your hardest not to see how he can and will protect this Country. Your answer for everything is "He wanted the oil", What a crock of Sh*t!

Any Democratic candidate, including Kerry will just put this country in harms way all over again like Clinton.

Clinton didn't seize the oppurtunity to stop Osama, on more than one occassion I might add and 9/11 happened as a result of that.

George W. Bush is a very straight forward, clear minded individual with America's best interests in mind. I will be voting for him and anyone who can see past the party lines will too.

He is the best man for the job!

Guest Radagast
Hey Radagast, You're just like all the rest of the Bush Hating Liberals out there. Hate him with all your might and try your hardest not to see how he can and will protect this Country. Your answer for everything is "He wanted the oil", What a crock of Sh*t!

Any Democratic candidate, including Kerry will just put this country in harms way all over again like Clinton.

Clinton didn't seize the oppurtunity to stop Osama, on more than one occassion I might add and 9/11 happened as a result of that.

George W. Bush is a very straight forward, clear minded individual with America's best interests in mind. I will be voting for him and anyone who can see past the party lines will too.

He is the best man for the job!

If anyone is trying hard not to see the truth, its you. Everyday there is more evidence that Bush & Co. lied to the American public and used 9/11 scare tactics to drive America into this insane war. Was the motivation oil? I doubt it. Maybe for Dick Cheny and Haliburton it was, but not for W. He believed that Saddam had nukes, he believed that Saddam was a pal of Osama and he believed that Saddam was responsible for 9/11. He was wrong on all counts but he turned a deaf ear to anyone who told him he was wrong. He just wanted Saddam no matter what and he tried to change the facts to suit his purpose.... or.... he's just an idiot who couldn't see the ambitions of the neocons around. In either case, he should not be rewarded with four more years.

George Bush has done more to harm the security of America than anyone else I could imagine. Do I hate him? No. Will Kerry do a better job? I sure hope we get a chance to find out. Kerry has looked down the barrel of a gun in a war and had to kill the one holding it. That's a fact. I'd rather have someone with that kind of experiece running our country now than a guy with the dubious past of W.

BTW... do you look for Liberals under your bed at night before you go to sleep? It's just so easy to blame all the ills of the world on one group, isn't it?

Guest Guest

I think Bush will win big this time around. Democrats feel so cheated because of the last election Gore lost(thank God) that they'll put this country in harms way. John Kerry as president, the same guy that drags our Vietnam soldiers through the mud, our commander in chief, I don't think so. :angry:

Guest Guest
BTW... do you look for Liberals under your bed at night before you go to sleep? It's just so easy to blame all the ills of the world on one group, isn't it?

It really is that easy Radagast.

If it's good for the economy, then it's bad for Liberals.

If it's good news for Americans, then it's bad news for Democrats.

This is the way it has always been.

ps. No one is afraid of weak minded Liberals :angry:

Guest Listen Up

Radical Islamists/ Terrorists are the main ill of this world. We are in the middle of the battle and have not yet won the war. Don't change Commander In Chief at the midway point of the conflict. Freedom isn't free and right now the fight is in to stay free! Vote Bush! He isn't afraid to defend our nation.

Guest KerryFan

Radagast is so right. This is not about left-wing liberalism. It's about who can do the right thing for this country at this time. Bush is not that person. Cowboy Bush's military service included hiding out in Arkansas making believe he was in the reserves. I pitty those reservists who had to go Vietnam and today Iraq since there president was too chicken to serve. Kerry fought in Vietnam...voluntarily. After graduating from an Ivy League school, he decided to enlist. Not many around here that would have done the same. They would have used their influence or their family's influence to dodge the whole thing.

Now with respect to Iraq. This is Bush's Vietnam. Yes...Saddam is a madman who had to go - no doubt about that. Was he capable of getting wmd? Of course! Did he have them? It doesn't appear so. Was he connected to Osama bin Laden? No. Our troops have done a great job in securing the freedom for the people of Iraq - which is a great thing. The horrible part is that these people are not appreciative of the fact that our men and women have died for their freedom. If it were not for the US, most of the Shiites or Sunnis would not be able to profess their faith. Saddam had restricted their religious freedom and yet, they turn around and kill the same very people who gave them this freedom which is so tantamount in their lives. So...our soldiers that are there are confused as all hell...here they are paying with their lives to secure other's freedom and are repaid with hatred and death. Just like Vietnam - where so many of our soldiers fought against communism and were repaid not with gratitude or thanks but death.

Heed the lessons of history or you are doomed to repeat them.

Get rid of BUSH!!!!!

Guest Radagast
ahh, blind and stupid.

God! You came up with a description of yourself that even I would not be so unkind to say, however, it appears to be true.

I would have more respect for your opinion if you would spend a little more than one or two inane sentences defending it. All you seem to do is cast insults without any substance. Is it because you can not defend your position? I think so.

In closing on this subject (I hope), I would advise that you take advantage of your internet conection to read the news as it is being reported in other parts of the world. In my long life I have never seen America so isolated in how we view events. The mainstream Arab, Asian and even European press reports the same events in Iraq but shows much more of a 'human' side of the war. It shows how horrible it is for Iraqis losing their kids and homes to bombs from both sides. I suppose the various 'Guests' on this board would just call the foreign press 'terrorist' for reporting what is going on.

This brown shirt mentality (look it up, Gueat guest) that has become so common in the right wing press, is the largest threat to American democracy perhaps in our entire history. It has isolated us from most of the rest of the world. It has made us the object of ridicule from our friends in other countries and an 'evil empire' to millions of people in the Middle East and Asia.

We are losing the war because we have lost the hearts and minds of those who once respected us. If we do get hit by these maniacs again on American soil, don't expect any outpouring of sympathy from outside the United States. Most will believe that we brought it upon ourselves.

And all because of the blind stupidity of George W. Bush.

Guest be aware

Bush will win by a landslide. Its not even debatable. The democrats should have come up with a better candidate. The only thing Bush has to do is let Kerry self-destruct.

Guest DumbFloridaDems!
November will show what the U.S. citizens think which is all that matters. ;)

Wasn't true in the last presidential election.

It's not our fault that Florida is filled with a bunch of

retarded old people who don't know how to vote right,

but I bet you they could play Bingo like it's nobody's business! :blink:

Guest Guest
November will show what the U.S. citizens think which is all that matters. ;)

Wasn't true in the last presidential election.

It's not our fault that Florida is filled with a bunch of

retarded old people who don't know how to vote right,

but I bet you they could play Bingo like it's nobody's business! :blink:

Gore won the popular vote. Bush won because Daddy made it so.

Guest Guest
[Gore won the popular vote. Bush won because Daddy made it so.

Unfortunately for Mr Gore, the "popular" vote is NOT what determines the Presidency. The Electoral College is the Body that casts the actual Vote for president, which was set up by our Founding Fathers when they wrote the constitution. Re the 02 Election the MOST amusing thing that I remember is Gore/Clinton's camp Rallying around the Electoral College in the Spring...and then Denouncing it when Gore won the Popular Vote,. but the Electoral Process went the other way. One last note, EVERY recount of the Florida Ballots, no matter who did it, including such Bastions of Republicanism (Not) like the New York Times, and the Washington Post, ALL showed the President as the clear winner in those counties.

Guest guest_Guest
[Gore won the popular vote.  Bush won because Daddy made it so.

Unfortunately for Mr Gore, the "popular" vote is NOT what determines the Presidency. The Electoral College is the Body that casts the actual Vote for president, which was set up by our Founding Fathers when they wrote the constitution. Re the 02 Election the MOST amusing thing that I remember is Gore/Clinton's camp Rallying around the Electoral College in the Spring...and then Denouncing it when Gore won the Popular Vote,. but the Electoral Process went the other way. One last note, EVERY recount of the Florida Ballots, no matter who did it, including such Bastions of Republicanism (Not) like the New York Times, and the Washington Post, ALL showed the President as the clear winner in those counties.

Thats all fine but democrats will never accept that. They want their guy in no matter what and that goes for republicans too. We seem to forget we are all Americans and this is our house. I don't remember things getting this disgusting or so disrespectful of a sitting president. It weakens and embarrasses this country and its people when this type of behavior is displayed and accepted. When elections are viewed as entertainment its time to take a good look at ourselves. We take so much for granted. This country IS the greatest and the most powerful but can only be as strong as how we are perceived. It looks as though personal integrity is a joke. We've LET campaign managers make this country look foolish. Regardless of how you view the President show some respect for the office and yourselves. If you dont like the President vote him out dont curse him out. :ph34r:

Regardless of how you view the President show some respect for the office and yourselves. If you dont like the President vote him out dont curse him out. :ph34r:

this i definitely must agree with. i mean, sure i make fun of George Bush, but he's just such an easy target. in all honesty i respect the guy for trying and everything, i'd just find it better if he was out of office.

Guest StudiesandObservations

The problem with the whole system is that we've managed to create one of the things the Founders DIDNT want, and that is a ruling class, IE professional politicians and Lobbyists. Public service was supposed yo be a sacrifice you made for your fellow citizens, time taken away from your "Real" career, which you returned to once your service was up. You served your term, and went back to being a Doctor, Lawyer, Farmer, ect. Now, Politicians seem to think that once they're elected the seat is theirs for Life. Look how many legacies we have in the House and Senate, wether people in office for decades, or families holding seats (Byrd, Thurmond, Kennedy, Cuomo, Gore)..You cant run for a National Office today unless you are independantly Wealthy. Now, Bush wasnt my first choice, but once I saw how dissapointing McCain was, I think he WAS the best Choice, and I still do. (registered Indy BTW, Not a Republican) Kerry, IMO is Clown Shoes..WAY too much of an "Internationalist for my tastes, Not to mention I have problems with his claims of being better on Defense, mainly since he's voted to Kill Every single Defense program since he's been in office. Coupled with his (Again IMO) deplorable conduct after Vietnam, and his less than stellar truthfulness record, I just see him as another Clinton.

Guest Radagast
The problem with the whole system is that we've managed to create one of the things the Founders DIDNT want, and that is a ruling class, IE professional politicians and Lobbyists. Public service was supposed yo be a sacrifice you made for your fellow citizens, time taken away from your "Real" career, which you returned to once your service was up. You served your term, and went back to being a Doctor, Lawyer, Farmer, ect. Now, Politicians seem to think that once they're elected the seat is theirs for Life. Look how many legacies we have in the House and Senate, wether people in office for decades, or families holding seats (Byrd, Thurmond, Kennedy, Cuomo, Gore)..You cant run for a National Office today unless you are independantly Wealthy. Now, Bush wasnt my first choice, but once I saw how dissapointing McCain was, I think he WAS the best Choice, and I still do. (registered Indy BTW, Not a Republican) Kerry, IMO is Clown Shoes..WAY too much of an "Internationalist for my tastes, Not to mention I have problems with his claims of being better on Defense, mainly since he's voted to Kill Every single Defense program since he's been in office. Coupled with his (Again IMO) deplorable conduct after Vietnam, and his less than stellar truthfulness record, I just see him as another Clinton.

Studies,

Webster defines 'politics' as the art of government. Government has become far more complex than the founding fathers could have ever imagined. I do agree with you that public service and even elected office has become a career opportunity for those who have a talent for it. I don't believe that is an all together bad thing, however. Power can breed coruption but being corupt is an individuel choice. Politics as a career is just as important as medicine or law. The days of the Patrician taking up the gauntlet of government and then returning to the farm are long gone.

Also, just because you are a good doctor, lawyer or farmer doesn't mean you are a good politician. In my view, much of our problems in local government, anyway, are caused by people who think just that. Government isn't a business and cannot be run like one. So, just because you may be a good businessman, it does not follow that you will be a good elected official. You may complain about political family dynasties (although you did leave the Bush family out of your list) but the bottom line is, if they weren't good at politics they wouldn't get re-elected.

Now, your preference for Bush was entirely predictable as is mine for Kerry based upon our previous sparring on different issues. I don't believe that the United States should depend entirely on the advice of the international community especially on matters of our own security. However, when just about every major country on the planet is telling you that you are wrong, perhaps you should rethink your strategy before rushing ahead while vilifying your friends for not agreeing with you. Rather than thinking of Kerry as an 'internationalist' I would say that Bush has proved himself to be an isolationist and his policies have cost and will continue to cost American lives.

We will never get out of Iraq without international help. Bush's attitude and ineptitude has burned many international bridges for his administration that he can not rebuild. If he remains in the White House and our policies in Iraq don't change, Iraq will remain unstable and we will continue to pour lives and tax dollars down an empty pit.

All that aside, it is refreshing to see a post by someone who can write more than five words on a subject but then you're pretty much of an old wind bag like myself.

BTW - If you're looking for 'stellar truthfulness' in George W Bush you'll need an electron microscope to find it.

Guest Guest
BTW - If you're looking for 'stellar truthfulness' in George W Bush you'll need an electron microscope to find it.

Stellar?? Probably not, although I personally have a rpoblem with some of the so-called "lies" that the man is being accused of. Realistically, Decisions have to be made on information provided, the President doesnt do these Analyses himself, he HAS to rely on his staff to give him the best information available..I think THAT is where the problem may lie. Unfortunately, Spinning the truth has become a way of life on Both sides of the aisle, although at least the right usually Sticks to one side of an issue, rather than Flip-flopping every time a question is asked..LOL. The other night I listened to Kerry trying to explain the whole Ribbon Tossing incident..only to be REALLY embarrassed by a playback of a tape from when he was VVAW president pretty much stating the opposite...Oh and this was by Gibson on Good Morning America....HARDLY a hotbed of the "Right Wing Conspiracy". Too bad for the Democrats they they dont have a new Generation of Zel Millers to take up the torch for them...Now THAT is a man i would vote for in a Hearbeat!!!

Archived