Kearny Kids

Guest guest_Guest

Your selfish promotion of your HeyDork website is not welcome as well!

If your feeble mind can’t handle our post, then don’t read them. Obviously we are doing nothing wrong here, none of our past posts been neither removed nor edited. Don’t like it... to bad. People like you are an annoyance, and no one cares what you say. You are immature, you have no backing to what you say, all you can do is make fun of others, and 5 year old kids can do that better then you.

Guest A Kearny Observer

I found a journal of some kid I knew from kearny. It is an extensive day by day month by month story of what happened in the daily lives of some kids that grew up in town.

I will post a entry from the website. I will not provide the sites name cause it would be violation of this persons privacy.

To KOTW: Please note that there may be some profanity in this entry.

November 21, 1996 (The Fire)

It was a cold and cloudy day. I was sick during that week I missed 2 days of school. Except for this day it was a Thursday.

I was felling better, so I headed to Charlie's sister’s house to meet up with Charlie. On the way there I met up with Sarah and Nicole. We met up with Charlie and we headed down to the bridge. We were sitting in the red room just talking and bullshitting. Then Little Maria showed up. Charlie was f**k**g around with his lighter.

He kept trying to set the couch on fire. Well somehow he managed to set it into flames. Then it was 5 minutes of f**king chaos I was trying to put it out but it got to big and I had to escape. I was the last one out of the red room.

We ran down the tracks through Basso's lot and down to Grant ave. We walked up to the "Ave." we were walking along the Kearny Ave.- 4th st. Bridge and we looked out over at the bridge.

There was this huge black cloud of smoke hanging over the bridge. It was as if hell came out of the sky and swallowed her whole. I remember watching the fire trucks rushing down Johnson Avenue the sirens were loud and piercing. We went up to Nelsons house to get Ben and Nelson. We didn’t tell them how the fire was started but we told them that the bridge was blazing. We ran down to the Exxon gas station on Passaic Ave.

The cops had the whole street blocked off. We stood there and watched the firemen put the blaze out. Channel 4 news helicopters flew over head filming the blaze. I remember us standing there crying on each other’s shoulders. "Our home it’s gone." I cried. I went and called my mother "Mom, she burnt,

The bridge burnt." I said. We went up the trail Charlie ran to his sister’s house and grabbed a camera. We got to the trail and the firemen where still trying to put it out. It took them 3 hours to put out that blaze. Charlie came back with the camera and Mikey was with him. Charlie filmed the bridge burning I wonder what ever happened to that tape. Well after 3 hours the blaze was out. 3 firemen got hurt. It was in the newspaper Michelle still has a copy of it. There was a big investigation for that, but that’s another story. The next day was a somber day. I slept in school all day. I met up with Michelle after school. She was asking me what happened. Sarah told her the bridge was on fire. Sarah did not tell her how. Charlie told us to keep it a secret, but I couldn't keep it from Michelle neither could Sarah. I didn't go to the bridge that day. I went 2 days latter on a Sunday too look at the damage. Everything was gone burnt to ashes. I looked on the floor and there was this staple gun lying there it was almost melted it was the only thing left of the room. I remember that f**k**g staple gun it didn't work it was a piece of shit. Charlie stole it from his brother in-law. It was sad I stood there and cried for 2 hours sweeping up the ashes and throwing them into the river. There I went sweeping the red room floor again.

KOTW Note: This post was edited to remove profanity where *'s appear.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived