Atheism != Immorality

Strife767

Careful Strife.

"Never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to thier level then beat you with experience"

Hence my new 'strategy' of quickly and concisely pointing out the nonsense, instead of dissecting the whole load, at least when it comes to Byran. *chuckles*

Example: http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...indpost&p=43487

Guest Ken from Ohio
This is simply evidence that a handful of people do not know how to handle statistics properly (we can count Strife among them owing to his easy acceptance of these hasty conclusions).

1)  Strife's claim that over 80% of prison inmates are Christian is not supported by the data.  This was not a randomized poll, so the results cannot be extrapolated to include those who did not respond to the question of religious affiliation.

That means that religious affiliation of almost 20,000 of the entire sample simply wasn't known (since they gave no response).

Every one of those could have been atheists (or agnostics) who simply elected not to categorize themselves on the questionnaire.

("Unknown/No Answer      18381

----------------------------

Total Convicted        93112  80.259% (74731) prisoners' religion is known."

"Judeo-Christian Total  62594  83.761% (of the 74731 total responses)")

http://holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

2)  There is no conclusion that can reasonably be drawn about the general population based on prison statistics.  To quickly illustrate, some atheists are fond of pointing out how much smarter they are than religious believers.  If true, couldn't this translate into a more successful life of crime (the more adept criminals avoiding conviction and thus achieving underrepresentation in the prisons)?

It's hilarious to see the mega-intelligent atheists (so I've heard) continue to use this type of ridiculous propaganda to bolster their position.

Either they're not smart enough to see the flaws in their handling of the data, or they're being dishonest about the data.

:(

Review Strife's post in light of what I've pointed out and draw your own conclusions.

Strife seems to have a very unique gift.......he can make up imaginary statistics in his head and then pull them from his rectum.

Guest Steve_C
Atheists will continue to defend Darwin until the second coming of Christ.

Hehe. That's too ironic for words.

If you believe in Jesus then evolution can't possibly be a fact?

Yes people will be defending evolution as long as looney theists insist the creationism is the answer.

I don't think anyone is really too worried about the 2nd coming of Christ. That's truly pointless.

Strife seems to have a very unique gift.......he can make up imaginary statistics in his head and then pull them from his rectum.

Oh, please...please go ahead and contact the Federal Bureau of Prisons and get the numbers directly from them. Be sure to post the exact response you get from them so that you can contrast it with the numbers I gave, since mine are so 'made up.' :(

Talk about grasping at straws. :D

Guest 2smart4u
Oh, please...please go ahead and contact the Federal Bureau of Prisons and get the numbers directly from them. Be sure to post the exact response you get from them so that you can contrast it with the numbers I gave, since mine are so 'made up.' :blink:

Talk about grasping at straws. :(

Just when I think strife has made the dumbest possible remarks, he outdoes himself. "Contact the Bureau of Prisons" ??? Too much Kool-aid, strife.