Kearny- Worst property Taxes-Rank 19th

Guest Kim

19. Kearny

Here in Kearny, 16.9 percent of a homeowner's income pays for property taxes, on average. The average tax bill is $10,163. The median household income in this Hudson County town is $60,015....

I think Kearny needs a new Mayor!!!!!

..and the town is laying off Teachers!! It's a gut punch to every resident who has children whether they need extra help keeping up or aiming for a scholarship. Struggling students are going to be left behind when they need help the most. I am always more interested in my children's grades instead of how many $100,000 to $200,000 a year Firefighters are sleeping at the Clubhouse. The town seems to have an unlimited amount of money for no work, part-time job, out of towner Firefighters salaries & overtime. The actual residents and their children are being neglected. It's time to move someplace where hard earned property tax money isn't spent like a bunch of drunken fools. 

Guest The worker

P.V.S.C. boss cutting his own lawn in Kearny using P.V.S.C. gear looks like it will never stop.He has a nice house in Kearny C.B. but as a supervisor he should know the rules . 

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Guest KHS said:

..and the town is laying off Teachers!! It's a gut punch to every resident who has children whether they need extra help keeping up or aiming for a scholarship. Struggling students are going to be left behind when they need help the most. I am always more interested in my children's grades instead of how many $100,000 to $200,000 a year Firefighters are sleeping at the Clubhouse. The town seems to have an unlimited amount of money for no work, part-time job, out of towner Firefighters salaries & overtime. The actual residents and their children are being neglected. It's time to move someplace where hard earned property tax money isn't spent like a bunch of drunken fools. 

Poor  Barney, He must dream all night about his failed efforts to pass the FF exam.  Face it Barney, you just don't have the right stuff to make the grade.

Guest 2smart4u
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:43 AM, Guest Kim said:

19. Kearny

Here in Kearny, 16.9 percent of a homeowner's income pays for property taxes, on average. The average tax bill is $10,163. The median household income in this Hudson County town is $60,015....

I think Kearny needs a new Mayor!!!!!

I would think by now the voters would realize that democrats aren't very good at running governments.  There are thousands of examples, the largest being Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, San Francisco, New Orleans, etc. etc.  Interesting to note that the  dems in San Francisco just awarded an illegal alien $150,000 because he was picked up by ICE in their sanctuary city.

Guest Guest

Stop crying and go cut the PVSC mans lawn as a sign of admiration and respect! Maybe he'll throw you ten bucks if you do a good job? You are an unemployed loser who needs the money. Go grovel!

I think Mayor  Santos time has come to an end. He did what he could during his times but now it's time for him and his team to move on, the town is getting worse!