Put up or shut up

Guest Guest

Guest 2smart4u
"The difference between the Christians in Kearny and the Christians in Texas it that we actually "believe that we have to go and make disciples of all nation..." This is a very serious issue and you guys seem to be ignoring it."

Oh, no, we never ignore it.  We work at it a lot and in many different ways.  None of them, however, involve subjecting other people's children, a captive audience in the public schools, to proselytizing about our version of Christianity -- thus using the entire community's funds to advertise our views and solicit converts.  Preventing such abuse is the very essence of the clause restricting the establishment of religion.

All the silly ad hominems I've been subjected to are really not worthy of comment (I'm not a barfly, cowmaid, or citizen of a third-world backwater).  You  folks are free to hold whatever view of Texas seems reasonable to you.  I might just mention, however, that many Texans are opposed to the death penalty, and we are working to end this abomination.

Leigh Williams

Austin, Texas

"we work at it a lot and in many different ways" ?? LOL !! How many people are scheduled for execution next week in Texas ??

Actually, Christianity leads the world in killing people.

You're not counting Communism, eh?

Thousands more people died at the hands of Christians over the ages than from any other religion.

Data from where?

Although the Muslims are catching up.

Christianity has a proud heritage of mass slaughter.  And going back to the "Old" testament, you can read lots more tales of God's love.

Amelekite Babies anyone?

Ukrainian farmers, anyone?

So, before you start throwing stones, look in the mirror, and beg your Jesus for forgiveness.  It sure beats living right the first time.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember killing any Amalekite babies.

You figure I repressed the memory?

Then of course we have Bryan, who seems to think anyone is actually reading his lengthy meanderings about nothing.

Pardon me, for I did not read what you wrote prior to this. ;)

Did you figure out my posts were about nothing because you read them or via some other method?

All Bryan ever does is string together words, but they’re not grounded in anything real. They’re just hypothetical musings about an imaginary world that does not exist.

If you read what I wrote, then we can expect you to give at least on example to support your claim.

If, on the other hand, you're writing this despite not having read my posts, your words might as well be hypothetical musings about an imaginary world that does not exist.

Pardon me for not reading what followed, either.

If you can provide a coherent explanation of what you've written here, Tom, then some other things you've written might begin to interest me. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Interested reader

After reading the articles I find that I cannot refrain from stating the misunderstanding between the Christians, Muslims, Jews, and all other religious based hatred.

All religions have one thing in common and that is not God. It is the understanding that they all think they are right and the only Godly and true religion.

You cannot judge all religion on what the members do. But most of the worlds’ problems stem from religion. And Yes the Christians, Muslims and Jews are guilty of crimes on humanity all done in the name of God. Who’s God? What God? And the most important what kind of God? Too many books that claim the true God are misleading and written by man. Yes the true belief is based on faith and faith is all we have. If faith can make us a better people so be it, but I have yet to see it in our leaders and so called clergy.

All this sounds harsh but I spent 20 years of my life in the church and followed and practiced the teachings of “the word of God” as told and read by man. I do not trust mans explanation life and origin any more.