The future of atheism.

Guest Kearny Christian

Re-check that post. I'm never wrong. Btw, I was a Philosophy major. That beats a English major any day.

Ha! I know a couple of philosophy majors, one works in Shop-Rite, the other sells used cars.

Do you have anything else that will give me a laugh ?

#20 " Just curious. Where does an atheist get married ? Certainly not in a church . And if your marriage partner is Christian, how do you tell your partner she or he can't get married in a church. I also can't imagine depriving your in-laws of a church wedding, a father walking his daughter down the isle, etc. You can never have any kind of a relationship with your in-laws with that kind of a beginning. This must be one of the reasons for all the anger and hostility of atheists."

Could you be more arrogant if you tried? You seem to think atheists aren't human. The problem is your lack of humility, empathy and understanding, it's not with them.

Guest nonsense puts me to sleep.

We marry in civil ceremonies. These can be conducted in a courthouse, or anywhere. The only requirement is a person authorized by the state to perform marriages. The American Humanist Association, Ethical Culture and other non-theistic organizations certify people to perform our weddings. We do marry, as much as it may shock you. And we have children from our marriages. We raise them well, as well as anyone else does. They are good and upstanding citizens, as much as anyone else's children.

A marriage is a consensual matter. If a non-theist wishes to marry a Christian, they will have to decide how to handle their religious differences. If the differences are too severe, the parties may not be able to overcome them. But what makes you think that the non-theist is the one to blame? Two people fall in love but they don't agree on religion. That doesn't make either of them right, or wrong. What's interesting about your question is the obvious bigotry beneath it. You presume that the non-theist is the one who has to come clean. You didn't even think to ask "If your marriage partner is not a Christian, how do you tell your partner that she or he must get married in a church." Did you. You're completely blind to the humanity of people who do not believe in a god. That's why it's called bigotry. You're so sure you're right, you don't even see that the other person has a point of view, let alone respect it.

And what on earth makes you think that a non-theistic couple can't have one or both parties to the marriage walked down the aisle? We do it all the time. I just attended a non-theistic wedding this past summer, where this was done. The father is a Christian, and a Kearny resident. His daughter, the bride, is not a Christian and does not believe in a god. He walked her down the aisle in a beautiful outdoor ceremony, and she and her husband were married in a civil ceremony without any mention of a god. That was their choice. It was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I've ever seen. You just simply don't know what you're talking about.

What makes you presume that the only party who will have problems with the in-laws is the atheist, or non-theist? What about the theist who marries into a non-theistic family? Why aren't you asking what kind of a relationship the Christian son- or daughter-in-law can have with the non-theistic in-laws? Obviously, the religious views of non-theistic parents are absolutely invisible to you. And as a result, you don't respect them. You make that obvious by what you write.

Your ignorance and narrow-mindedness are simply astounding. Pure and simple, your views are those of a bigot, and an ignorant one at that.

Would love to see your answers to this.

z z z z z z z z z z z z z z

Guest Just curious

#20 " Just curious. Where does an atheist get married ? Certainly not in a church . And if your marriage partner is Christian, how do you tell your partner she or he can't get married in a church. I also can't imagine depriving your in-laws of a church wedding, a father walking his daughter down the isle, etc. You can never have any kind of a relationship with your in-laws with that kind of a beginning. This must be one of the reasons for all the anger and hostility of atheists."

Could you be more arrogant if you tried? You seem to think atheists aren't human. The problem is your lack of humility, empathy and understanding, it's not with them.

Arrogant ?? I asked reasonable questions that I don't know the answers to. Since when is seeking knowledge considered arrogant ? You must be one of those angry and hostile atheists.

Ha! I know a couple of philosophy majors, one works in Shop-Rite, the other sells used cars.

Do you have anything else that will give me a laugh ?

Okay Man, I'm gamed!

Question: What do you do when a Philosophy major shows up at your front door?

Answer: Pay him and enjoy your pizza!

Okay Man, I'm gamed!

Question: What do you do when a Philosophy major shows up at your front door?

Answer: Pay him and enjoy your pizza!

And don't forget to tip him. He's still paying of his useless college diploma. LOL

Arrogant ?? I asked reasonable questions that I don't know the answers to. Since when is seeking knowledge considered arrogant ? You must be one of those angry and hostile atheists.

The arrogance is spelled out in #25. Your questions are one-sided and rhetorical in nature, and you have betrayed your own nasty intent with your last sentence, which drags out the tired, fictional meme of the angry and hostile atheist.

As for ignorance, if you truly don't know the answers to your own questions, then you must have been living under a rock. You never heard of civil ceremonies?

By the time you posted #29, your questions had been answered, in #25, which is the main point of content. Did you respond to that? No, of course you didn't. You're not interested in the truth, so why pretend to be asking serious questions?

Arrogant ?? I asked reasonable questions that I don't know the answers to.

Then you're a D**bA**. And that's not all you did.

Since when is seeking knowledge considered arrogant ?

It's not but you were not seeking knowledge.