Fed up in Kearny

Guest Tax paying resident.

Guest Tax paying resident.

The White House has a Christmas tree on display. NYC has a Christmas tree on display. Kearny does not. Does Kearny choose to snub Christians at Christmas ? A holiday tree ?? Really ?

Christians pay most of the taxes in this town, we pay the salaries of most of the town employees. And this is what we get ?

The White House has a Christmas tree on display. NYC has a Christmas tree on display. Kearny does not. Does Kearny choose to snub Christians at Christmas ? A holiday tree ?? Really ?

Christians pay most of the taxes in this town, we pay the salaries of most of the town employees. And this is what we get ?

Gee, I don't know. What would Jesus do?

A few days ago someone in another topic said the Christmas tree has nothing to do with the Christian religion. It was to honor a great philosopher. Now you're insulted because you don't think Kearny's tree (which you can call a Christmas tree if you want to) is good enough for you.

So what would you like? Would you like a sign put on it saying "Kearny Christians payed most of the taxes for this tree, so keep your stinking non-Christian hands off it!"

Every year, you have to ruin it. Why can't you just be content with the fact that the town decorates a tree, and puts up your nativity scene, and a Menorah and other things to celebrate the season FOR EVERYONE. Why do you have to make it just about you, and spoil it for everyone?

Guest Town resident

The White House is a government owned building, presently occupied by a far left loon. Yet the White House has a Christmas tree on display.

So certainly if the White House is not concerned with any separation of church and state issues, the Town of Kearny need not be concerned either. As a taxpaying Christian, I'm insulted by a holiday tree. As someone else posted, Christians pay the majority of municipal taxes in this town, it's an insult to all of us. I refuse to walk my grandchildren uptown to see a holiday tree.

The White House is a government owned building, presently occupied by a far left loon. Yet the White House has a Christmas tree on display.

So certainly if the White House is not concerned with any separation of church and state issues, the Town of Kearny need not be concerned either. As a taxpaying Christian, I'm insulted by a holiday tree. As someone else posted, Christians pay the majority of municipal taxes in this town, it's an insult to all of us. I refuse to walk my grandchildren uptown to see a holiday tree.

OK, so don't. The town has a limited budget, and it's not much to look at anyway, no matter what you call it. But at least they're trying to be in the holiday spirit. Which is more than can be said for you.