Kearny

MystiqueI

Guest Guest
On the southside of the A&P was Karen's (lady's clothing store) I believe.

Karen's Kloset was owned by Karen Yagiello. I remember boxing at PBC with her brother Stanley when we were kids.

JIm Mangin

Remember when Ray had the little coffee shop by the A & P and next to the men's store

Guest Guest 99
Remember when Ray had the little coffee shop by the A & P and next to the men's store

What about the Bright Spot? A Bright Spot Special, hamburger, fries, coleslaw and a cherry coke, was $.35 in my days in school.

Guest guest_Guest

Anybody remember Ann's??!! It was on the corner of Kearny and Bergen..owned by the same guy that owned Nitches (Cold Beer)...It was there for years...but I never seen it open.

Guest Kearny Lifer

Ann's was a "woman's store" that basically sold undergarments. How about good old Zellner's.................they were there for alot of years. It was a great place to buy jeans and it always seemed that when you went in there someone was always folding pants.

They also sold boy and girl scout uniforms and accessories. Any Kearny kid who was in those organizations used to go there to purchase those items. :lol:

Guest Guest 99
We have now made ourselves realize just how much has changed.

If you really want to see how much has changed, take a good long look in the mirror. :P

Are you :lol: or :P ??

Guest Guest Kerry
We have now made ourselves realize just how much has changed.

If you really want to see how much has changed, take a good long look in the mirror. :)

Are you ;) or :( ??

I look in the mirror and see a good lookin face lookin back; <_< how about you

• 9 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Was there two Knox Churches?

The observer ran a picture showing a post card for Rally Day with two churches on the front.

The card was dated in the 1920's.

The second Knox church on the post card was in the spot where the present manse is.

Did Knox Church have a sister church?

Guest ConcernedParent

Hey, "You know you're from Kearny if..." people. GTFO and go back to facebook. This board is for Paszkiewicz bashing, inane conversations about God and faith, and excellent political commentary from such luminaries as *2smart4you* and *Patriot*, NOT complaining about where all the white people went.