Out of shape Firefighters

Guest Smokey

On any day, an African-American community organizer can show up in Kearny with 10 brothas that could work harder and out-perform 10 of Kearnys hand-picked bravest (LOL!) EMT/firefighters without breaking a sweat. The Kearny EMT/firefighters are weak and incompetent according to my observations. The Police are the FIRST TO RESPOND TO EVERY FIRE BECAUSE OF THAT DEEP SLEEP THING the EMT/Firefighters count on while the Police are awake and at the ready. Those few extra minutes of shut eye cause deaths. Why can't the EMT/firefighters work 8 hour shifts, LIVE IN KEARNY, and stay awake? I realize they see Kearny residents as lesser human beings but don't mind that drive to and from Kearny once a week for their inflated salaries and benefits. There is absolutely no intellectual property in the EMT/firefighting "profession." (OMG! Profession. THAT'S FUNNY!) Applications at a straight $10 an hour with with a couple of sick days and 8 hour shifts is all that's necessary. The lines for the almost "job" would be 1000 deep. No need for sleeping, crying, pensions, medical benefits, boat payments, lawsuits, or breaking the residents backs with salaries and EMT/fire Houses with opulence and amenities no resident can afford. I personally think volunteers could EASILY handle showing up at a small fire once every few months, which IS the status quo, but with my proposal jobs will not be lost. Kearny residents need only look across to Newark for the absolute PROPERTY TAX FREE FALL. Millions across the U.S.A. use volunteers. The able bodies at $10 an hour are a huge step up. Civil Service is just a reason to keep those with lesser educational opportunities out. Sad.

Guest Kearny Senior

Barney's back and still jealous of our firefighters. My guess is Barney is a cop, probably Kearny. One thing is certain however, Barney would trade jobs with a firefighter in a heartbeat. Kearny has a great PD and FD and it's a shame that the PD may have someone like Barney in their ranks that hates their job so much. How ironic that Barney has so much misplaced anger because he's in a job he apparently dislikes and mocks the job he actually craves.. There's one for Dr. Krauthammer.

Guest KpdRetiredone

You couldnt field enough Volunteers to keep ONE ambulance in service 24/7/365, which is why the Ambulance is Paid around the clock now.. How do you plan to get enough Volunteers to staff a fire dept???

The Firefighters are doing one good thing. There are less and less Firefighters clogging up the streets begging for money on and around September 11th each year. They seem to have forgotten ever saying, "We never forget." Always ONLY about money, money, money. No guts, no brotherhood, no room for blacks or women. Firefighting is WHITE MANS WELFARE for damn sure! I see many paid Fire Departments are already begging the public for and businesses for Christmas toys to hand out. The Firefighters deceive the public like by giving the toys away act like they, the Firefighters, actually bought the toys. It's just like the con job of acting like they are working when they are actually sleeping. The Firefighters dress up like Santa, ride to some crap BS Christmas party in an engine to get their egos fed. Maybe kids are the only ones who believe that Firefighting is a real full-time job? Big brave professional Firefighters (DAMN THAT'S FUNNY! LOL!). Give the taxpayers their $654 back and stay out of town. That would be a fantastic present for every municipality that has paid Firefighters.

The Firefighters are doing one good thing. There are less and less Firefighters clogging up the streets begging for money on and around September 11th each year. They seem to have forgotten ever saying, "We never forget." Always ONLY about money, money, money. No guts, no brotherhood, no room for blacks or women. Firefighting is WHITE MANS WELFARE for damn sure! I see many paid Fire Departments are already begging the public for and businesses for Christmas toys to hand out. The Firefighters deceive the public like by giving the toys away act like they, the Firefighters, actually bought the toys. It's just like the con job of acting like they are working when they are actually sleeping. The Firefighters dress up like Santa, ride to some crap BS Christmas party in an engine to get their egos fed. Maybe kids are the only ones who believe that Firefighting is a real full-time job? Big brave professional Firefighters (DAMN THAT'S FUNNY! LOL!). Give the taxpayers their $654 back and stay out of town. That would be a fantastic present for every municipality that has paid Firefighters.

Poor fella still holding a grudge from his multiple failed attempts to become a fire figther.