Referendum to allow E.Newark Students to go to KHS?

Guest School Watch

Guest School Watch

It amazes me once again that the this BOARD OF EDUCATION with the High School having enough problems with over crowding that has existed for years that this BRAINLESS THRUST would compound the problem by adding more students. Why wasn't there a referendum presented the the voters of Kearny accepting East Newark Students. SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG WITHOUT PUBLIC INPUT Another bad move by VISCUSO and COMPANY. So much for the Residency Policy!!!!!!!!!!!

The residency policy is meant to keep out students from other school districts, not prevent students from areas where there isn't a school from getting an education. Presumably, if this happened, the BoE made arrangements with E. Newark. Tell the rest of the story if you're going to put this out for discussion.

I understand the new Middle School is bursting at the seams, as well. (No lockers, little room for after-school activities, etc.) I guess they needed a little more time to plan and put the plan into action. Why was all this rushed into, anyway? If I lived in East Newark, I think I would vote to stick to Harrison High after taking one look at the outside of KHS.

Overcrowding at the High School is not an issue and has not been an issue "for years", so there goes your first argument. And you do realize that the 100 or so students from East Newark don't attend for free, right? East Newark will have to pay tuition for each student, which should bring in a nice chunk of change, since Kearny's per pupil tuition cost is well in excess of $10K. Why else do you think Harrison is so opposed to the change? As for sweeping this under the rug? This was discussed in public at more than 1 boe meeting. Guess you missed that, huh, Mr. Brain THRUST??? Too funny

Guest School Watch

The residency policy is meant to keep out students from other school districts, not prevent students from areas where there isn't a school from getting an education. Presumably, if this happened, the BoE made arrangements with E. Newark. Tell the rest of the story if you're going to put this out for discussion.

Thank you for adding the rest of the story but I would be interested in your thoughts on why there wasn't a referendum offered to the citizens of Kearny to allow these students to attend our overcrowded High School. Another under the radar decision without public input in bringing more students into a disaster zone that we are having problems trying to educate Kearny Kids with all the work being done and less staff and we are considering bringing in more students from another community only compounds the problems we face in getting our High School back to normal. WE DON'T NEED MORE STUDENTS!!!!!!!! Its amazing to me that this board of education is actually considering this decision. Add this to previous DUM decisions that these 5 BOZOS have made and the year isn't even over yet. GOTTA SHAKE YOUR HEAD ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for adding the rest of the story but I would be interested in your thoughts on why there wasn't a referendum offered to the citizens of Kearny to allow these students to attend our overcrowded High School. Another under the radar decision without public input in bringing more students into a disaster zone that we are having problems trying to educate Kearny Kids with all the work being done and less staff and we are considering bringing in more students from another community only compounds the problems we face in getting our High School back to normal. WE DON'T NEED MORE STUDENTS!!!!!!!! Its amazing to me that this board of education is actually considering this decision. Add this to previous DUM decisions that these 5 BOZOS have made and the year isn't even over yet. GOTTA SHAKE YOUR HEAD ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I shake my head at is the constant whining, carping and complaining that goes on in Kearny. Is there even a provision for a referendum, and why should this seemingly mundane decision be put up on a referendum? As the author of post #5 points out, they're not going to attend for free. It only made sense that there would have to be some kind of arrangement made. So when you post your rant, I'm not impressed, partly because someone is posting a rant like that here all the time. Usually, they don't know what they're talking about. This appears to be another case of that.

Guest School Watch

The only thing I shake my head at is the constant whining, carping and complaining that goes on in Kearny. Is there even a provision for a referendum, and why should this seemingly mundane decision be put up on a referendum? As the author of post #5 points out, they're not going to attend for free. It only made sense that there would have to be some kind of arrangement made. So when you post your rant, I'm not impressed, partly because someone is posting a rant like that here all the time. Usually, they don't know what they're talking about. This appears to be another case of that.

Keep shaking your head because decisions like these in allowing students from East Newark to directly effect our students takes away from the quality of individual instruction that Teachers will give Kearny Students. Did PRESIDENT MACDONALD and the VISCUSO LED MAJORITY research and find out the impact it would have on the quality of education in the High School or was this just a money issue and if it was are we now open for business in selling our High School for monetary gain??? I believe this was another decision that was not well thought out and once again the Taxpayers, Parents, Teachers, and mostly the Kearny Students get the SHORT END OF THE STICK ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...
Guest Concerned Parent

It amazes me once again that the this BOARD OF EDUCATION with the High School having enough problems with over crowding that has existed for years that this BRAINLESS THRUST would compound the problem by adding more students. Why wasn't there a referendum presented the the voters of Kearny accepting East Newark Students. SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG WITHOUT PUBLIC INPUT Another bad move by VISCUSO and COMPANY. So much for the Residency Policy!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see the BRAINLESS THRUST didn't fight Harrison to bring East Newark Students to KHS we have enough problems in our school system in creating more problems. Duh good job Viscuso more effort and time we need to get these lights up and going at Franklin Field. What a Legacy!!!!!!!!!