Carpet Bagger Davidson Doesn't Know Kearny Schools

Guest Long Time Kearny Resident

Guest Diamond Girl

So, this Davidson Woman is the parent of school aged children, an educator, a taxpayer, a union worker and she willingly stepped up to the plate? Got my vote! Anyone who challenges her "right" to run because she is a newbie is an idiot!

What's laughable is your comment in comparing with being a Board Member and living in town. I would think the current Board Members were products of the Kearny School System and were raised in Kearny. I am aware that this town has changed and I am of the belief that you have to establish yourself in this community in order to gain the trust of the people. Anyone can have a good resume on paper but having experiences in growing up in Kearny matters and will factor into decisions you will make on the Board of Education.So for Ms Davidson get out in the community and learn about Kearny first and share with the many organizations that are the backbone of Kearny and will offer you in helping you be an informed Board Member, until then your resume for being a candidate is incomplete.

I stand by my post

I do not know this woman but this discussion is really silly. The woman was a special education aide at Washington School. Obviously a calling as she went on to receive her degree and become a special education teacher. Mrs. Davidson good for you! In addition, look up her salary on the public website. She makes little more than a starting teacher in Kearny and works in Paterson. Maybe if she was related to a BOE member she would have been hired in Kearny! So she spoke up on behalf of teachers in a district run by the state that is run by a Governor who hates public education and teachers! I say again good for her! No, I am not a teacher but have known many many people who in inner city schools that are great teachers and great people! God bless them. The children need them! Lastly, you are ignorant to blame the woes of the Paterson School District on teachers. The state has been running it for years and has not improved a thing! They gave top administrators perks and raises and ignored the teachers and uncertificated staff for years! As far as I am concerned they do not pay teachers enough in those districts. Mrs. Davidson good luck to you in your election! Because I know the individuals and their whining entitled family members behind these posts, i can tell you not everyone who works in Kearny is ready to bite your flesh. If you get elected maybe you should look into transferring some of those entitled people out of their white tower into schools where they may actually see the challenges that really exist!

Its good for the MacDonald/ Viscuso Majority to bring in someone that doesn't know the workings of this Board and the way they operate and shows how far they will go to preserve their KINGDOM. This woman if elected will be wined and dined and they will make her feel so important until she figures it out that some of the issues that the old board expressed make some sense. Like WHY ARE WE PAYING 2 SUPT'S, WHY DID WE SPEND $250,000 FOR LIGHTS AT FRANKLIN FIELD, WHY ARE WE SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON LEGAL SERVICES TO INVESTIGATE THE SUPT OF SCHOOLS, WHY IS THE HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT SO SCREWED UP, AND WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO WHEN IN THE NEXT SCHOOL BUDGET WHEN THE TOWN COULD BE FACED WITH A HUGE SCHOOL TAX INCREASE. I say to Ms Davidson be careful what you wish for you just might not like what you see in these individuals.

How does Jim fit in to this picture?

He is a pretty quiet guy.

I think he is going to be asking the same questions.

He can be very tough in getting his way.

I hope if he is elected he will make the change needed.

Its good for the MacDonald/ Viscuso Majority to bring in someone that doesn't know the workings of this Board and the way they operate and shows how far they will go to preserve their KINGDOM. This woman if elected will be wined and dined and they will make her feel so important until she figures it out that some of the issues that the old board expressed make some sense. Like WHY ARE WE PAYING 2 SUPT'S, WHY DID WE SPEND $250,000 FOR LIGHTS AT FRANKLIN FIELD, WHY ARE WE SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON LEGAL SERVICES TO INVESTIGATE THE SUPT OF SCHOOLS, WHY IS THE HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT SO SCREWED UP, AND WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO WHEN IN THE NEXT SCHOOL BUDGET WHEN THE TOWN COULD BE FACED WITH A HUGE SCHOOL TAX INCREASE. I say to Ms Davidson be careful what you wish for you just might not like what you see in these individuals.

OK, which of the 5 stooges are you? All the usual whines, with little or no basis in fact, and you don't even see that you contradict yourself. You don't want insiders and you don't want outsiders. All you know how to do is whine. When you had control, it was a disaster.

There is no kingdom. Anyone can run for the Board with a few signatures, which aren't hard to get. You just don't like the fact the Kearny got sick of the 5 stooges very quickly and voted you out.

You lost, decisively, Now go away.

Guest You are still transparent

R

Really? But ok to bring in your political hack super with questionable certification? Who is supporting Mr. Fernandez? The Mayor who's newphew is a policeman on the BOE? Monarchy continues on Town Coucil now trying to infiltrate the school board? Does not sound to great to me. But he has a right to run as does Mrs. Davidson. Nobody running for elected office is not connected to one group or another. Stop acting so righteous its almost as unflattering as your entitlement! Keep trying to spin it your way and attempt to taint the process. Don't worry teaching on the south side isnt so bad nor is really working for a living! You are still transparent!

Guest Freddie

I guess it was ok for the King/O'Malley team to do the same with Dan Esteves when he was wined and dined. He's been on the board for a year and still doesn't know the workings on the board. He's clueless. He misses meetings but if he does show up, he's usually late. His voting record doesn't make any sense and is all over the place. PS - The previous board didn't express issues, they created them. As for all of your questions listed above, read the board minutes again. You'll see these problems didn't start with the current board. But I guess you know that already Bobby.

Guest CLUELESS

I guess it was ok for the King/O'Malley team to do the same with Dan Esteves when he was wined and dined. He's been on the board for a year and still doesn't know the workings on the board. He's clueless. He misses meetings but if he does show up, he's usually late. His voting record doesn't make any sense and is all over the place. PS - The previous board didn't express issues, they created them. As for all of your questions listed above, read the board minutes again. You'll see these problems didn't start with the current board. But I guess you know that already Bobby.

You better get President McDonald to authorize more waste of tax dollars to investigate these posts, as she said she was going to do, because you people are, to use your own term "clueless" as to who is writing this stuff. Seems to me there is a lot of paranoia running rampant.

Guest Individual

Dan Esteves is his own man, a stand up guy, who makes decisions based on facts and dollars and cents. He was never was wined and dined, no need for that. You're just mad because he did not come on the BOE and join your screwed up, corrupt bandwagon.

Guest Sticker Shock

Dan Esteves is his own man, a stand up guy, who makes decisions based on facts and dollars and cents. He was never was wined and dined, no need for that. You're just mad because he did not come on the BOE and join your screwed up, corrupt bandwagon.

Individual nothing. He's a puppet! I'm confused how the mayor's nephew could fall so far from the tree. He's not even in the same orchard as his uncle. The mayor is a stand up guy. Dan Esteves can only kneel under his uncle's shadow. Such a disappointment that he's Georgie's stoolie.

• 2 weeks later...

What's laughable is your comment in comparing with being a Board Member and living in town. I would think the current Board Members were products of the Kearny School System and were raised in Kearny. I am aware that this town has changed and I am of the belief that you have to establish yourself in this community in order to gain the trust of the people. Anyone can have a good resume on paper but having experiences in growing up in Kearny matters and will factor into decisions you will make on the Board of Education.So for Ms Davidson get out in the community and learn about Kearny first and share with the many organizations that are the backbone of Kearny and will offer you in helping you be an informed Board Member, until then your resume for being a candidate is incomplete.

Say NO to DAVIDSON!!!!!!! Say YES to Life Long KEARNY PEOPLE who know KEARNY!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

No rants here just someone who believes you need to know Kearny before you represent Kearny!!!!!!!!

At the risk of being contrary, Town Council members need to represent Kearny first and foremost . . . Board of Education members need to put partisan leanings aside and strive to give the students of Kearny the best education possible. In other words, you would be representing EDUCATION not KEARNY. In my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest School Watch

I would think in my opinion if this woman Davidson was aware of the reckless and stupid decisions that were made here I think she might have had second thoughts about running with these BOZO'S its my opinion she lacks information due to the fact she hasn't yet developed a understanding of this community. Live in this town for awhile Ms Davidson and then you can better understand the players that up to this point haven't given you opportunities to promote what they have done, only you and Mr Hill have to go out and explain their poor decisions to the Public and that's a shame because reputation is all you have in elections and being on the wrong side of these issues will directly effect your standing with the VOTERS in NOVMEMBER. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JustAnObserver

I would think in my opinion if this woman Davidson was aware of the reckless and stupid decisions that were made here I think she might have had second thoughts about running with these BOZO'S its my opinion she lacks information due to the fact she hasn't yet developed a understanding of this community. Live in this town for awhile Ms Davidson and then you can better understand the players that up to this point haven't given you opportunities to promote what they have done, only you and Mr Hill have to go out and explain their poor decisions to the Public and that's a shame because reputation is all you have in elections and being on the wrong side of these issues will directly effect your standing with the VOTERS in NOVMEMBER. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!

King, O'Malley, Leadbeater, Castelli, and Plaugic all lived in town for awhile as you say should happen yet they made plenty of reckless and stupid decisions. Knowing Kearny obviously didn't help and doesn't matter when you're following an agenda. They did so much damage to the school district that it will take years to fix. But it also seems like things are finally moving in the right direction now. No more delays and projects are being completed. But you knew that already Bobby, didn't you? Or is it Joanne?

King, O'Malley, Leadbeater, Castelli, and Plaugic all lived in town for awhile as you say should happen yet they made plenty of reckless and stupid decisions. Knowing Kearny obviously didn't help and doesn't matter when you're following an agenda. They did so much damage to the school district that it will take years to fix. But it also seems like things are finally moving in the right direction now. No more delays and projects are being completed. But you knew that already Bobby, didn't you? Or is it Joanne?

Explain to the people who view this website what reckless and stupid decisions that they made compared to the unbelievable decisions that this current Board has made and try to justify their actions and tell us if they enhanced education in their short time they have been in control of the Board of Education. PAY ATTENTION FOLKS THIS SHOULD BE A GOOD EXPLAINATION!!!!!!!!!

Guest JustAnA$$hole

How many names do you post under? This same loser posts everywhere with the same nonsense over and over. You have serious issues and are obsessed with certain people. You really should talk to someone because nobody is listening here.

Guest Disgraced District

Let's see, Midland Ave. approaching $4,000,000.00, still not complete. Not enough room for all staff, no class room designated yet in basement which translate into no $800,000 reimbursement from State.

Kearny High School, dead in the water once again, with no money to complete. Where did the money go? Oh that's right the Board spent and continues to spend over $100,000.00 on legal bills to try to rehire a Board members brother back. For over a year the Board has been trying every angle to get him back instead of focusing on Students, Education and accountable spending of tax dollars. What a shame !!!

Let's see, Midland Ave. approaching $4,000,000.00, still not complete. Not enough room for all staff, no class room designated yet in basement which translate into no $800,000 reimbursement from State.

Kearny High School, dead in the water once again, with no money to complete. Where did the money go? Oh that's right the Board spent and continues to spend over $100,000.00 on legal bills to try to rehire a Board members brother back. For over a year the Board has been trying every angle to get him back instead of focusing on Students, Education and accountable spending of tax dollars. What a shame !!!

Let's see - Midland Avenue cost - wrong. Not enough room - wrong. No class rooms designated - wrong. Kearny High School - not dead in water, money to complete. So you're wrong again. $100,000 in legal bills? And you would know that how???? Pretty sure that's wrong, too, anyway.

Guest They're All Wrong

Let's see - Midland Avenue cost - wrong. Not enough room - wrong. No class rooms designated - wrong. Kearny High School - not dead in water, money to complete. So you're wrong again. $100,000 in legal bills? And you would know that how???? Pretty sure that's wrong, too, anyway.

Kearny Board of Education - WRONG.

WHY CAN'T THE BOE MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE OF THE ACTUAL COST OF THE MIDLAND AVE BUILDING. LETS CLEAR UP ANY FALSE NUMBERS. AS I SEE IT I BELIEVE THE ABOVE NUMBERS ARE CLOSE TO THE ABOVE POST. PLEASE CONSIDER OTHER CANDIDATES THAN THE VISCUSO TEAM VOTE VISCUSO OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!