Who are the Candidates for Kearny School Board?

Guest Kearny Resident

Guest Facts not Fiction

Can anyone do the math ... At the end of the day boe will not be paying rent on 2 locations equalling over 6000. Monthly not to mention a 900,000. Grant of course cut could have been made but the job is getting done ,think about those monthly payment the tax payers paid while the building stayed empty...

It "stayed" empty because of CONTAMINATED SOIL. 5 underground Fuel tanks which LEAKED and had to be remediated. Something McDonald and Doran knew were there but still purchased the building AS IS. So its McDonald and Doran's fault that the Taxpayers had to keep paying rent. By the way, what are the 2 locations? what is the rent at each location?

The grant you speak of is $800,000.00 and the BOE has not received a penny of that yet and will not unless Franklin school board office area becomes classrooms and classrooms are designated and occupied by students at Midland. Whose kids are you going to throw into the wet, mold infested basement at Midland?

If ALL goes well and the BOE gets the grant money the Taxpayers are still are the hook for $3 million dollars for the money pit on Midland.

So, at the end of the day the taxpayers have spent $3 million dollars for a building that used to be owned by a BOE members family, someones kids are going to be used as sacrificial lambs to try and recoup only $800,000 from the State and your $6000.00 a month in rents savings is a figment of your imagination. The spin doctor has failed again.

Guest Spin This

It "stayed" empty because of CONTAMINATED SOIL. 5 underground Fuel tanks which LEAKED and had to be remediated. Something McDonald and Doran knew were there but still purchased the building AS IS. So its McDonald and Doran's fault that the Taxpayers had to keep paying rent. By the way, what are the 2 locations? what is the rent at each location?

The grant you speak of is $800,000.00 and the BOE has not received a penny of that yet and will not unless Franklin school board office area becomes classrooms and classrooms are designated and occupied by students at Midland. Whose kids are you going to throw into the wet, mold infested basement at Midland?

If ALL goes well and the BOE gets the grant money the Taxpayers are still are the hook for $3 million dollars for the money pit on Midland.

So, at the end of the day the taxpayers have spent $3 million dollars for a building that used to be owned by a BOE members family, someones kids are going to be used as sacrificial lambs to try and recoup only $800,000 from the State and your $6000.00 a month in rents savings is a figment of your imagination. The spin doctor has failed again.

The 2 locations are Grace Methodist Church (for the High School EBM program) and the office space on Kearny Avenue across from Lincoln School, which housed the Special Services Department. Both locations are moving to Midland Avenue. So there's your answer as to how the boe is saving on rent costs. Construction on school rooms is already begun on the vacated office space at Franklin. And exactly when were you in the "wet, mold infested basement at Midland? That's also being renovated for exactly what it was always planned to be - a new board room, and 2 classrooms - in order to comply with the requirements of the state of New Jersey's grant. Got any other questions?

Edited by KOTW
Quote code moved.

Guest $hit and Spin

You want more questions? How about answering the first ones. WHAT IS THE RENT AT EACH OF THE 2 LOCATIONS? (remember you are quoted as saying over a combined $6000.00 per month) you better get your facts straight. WHO WILL HAVE THEIR CHILDREN PLACED IN THE BASEMENT?

We'll be waiting for your reply. Got any other answers?

You want more questions? How about answering the first ones. WHAT IS THE RENT AT EACH OF THE 2 LOCATIONS? (remember you are quoted as saying over a combined $6000.00 per month) you better get your facts straight. WHO WILL HAVE THEIR CHILDREN PLACED IN THE BASEMENT?

There are some real jerks in this town. They B**ch about everything, which would be OK if it was true. Usually, it isn't.

Guest Spin This

My post didn't say anything about how much rental costs are. If you want that information, OPRA it, cause I have no idea what the rent is. As for the "CHILDREN" that are going to be placed in the basement . . . are you kidding me? You act like the space will be something out of medieval England . . . chains on the walls, locks on iron doors, water dripping into rat-infested puddles! Are you really that gullible? Do you really think responsible people would let children use classroom space that was in any way unacceptable? You do realize the space will need to pass all kinds of inspections, right? Stop stirring the pot. You've shown yourself to be foolish.

Well, if this is true, there is no way I would ever put my kids in a mold infested basement. No way, no how!

And if pigs could fly . . .

Why do people buy stuff just because somebody says it? How many times do you have to see people make stuff up before you learn not to believe everything you read?

Guest Parent

Because we have the cruddiest Board of Ed, so no need to hear it from others. My husband and I know for a fact that Blood lies. She has been lying to us parents for months. She should be totally ashamed of herself and especially for not caring at all for the younger children in school. She can care less... so that's why!

Because we have the cruddiest Board of Ed, so no need to hear it from others. My husband and I know for a fact that Blood lies. She has been lying to us parents for months. She should be totally ashamed of herself and especially for not caring at all for the younger children in school. She can care less... so that's why!

Details, please, though I'm sure it's something that has to do with you no getting your way for something or other. Calling someone a liar is pretty "cruddy".

Guest Parent

For starters. She said early on that she would meet with the parents of kids attending Lincoln to discuss the middle school plans. Hold a meeting in Lincoln auditorium so she can address our concerns, get our input, etc. That never happened until the very end of the school year when we that meeting wound up being about the new middle school and not even about the kids who got kicked out of Lincoln school. In that meeting she also stated that we would all get an introduction to the new school which is now just a few weeks away and many new kids who have never been to these schools or seen inside them will turn up confused and lost, along with the parents who are not going to know the drop off/pick up locations & procedures or know the teachers there. She continues to ignore everyone outside of the new middle school as though they do not matter.

Guest False Statements

My post didn't say anything about how much rental costs are. If you want that information, OPRA it, cause I have no idea what the rent is. As for the "CHILDREN" that are going to be placed in the basement . . . are you kidding me? You act like the space will be something out of medieval England . . . chains on the walls, locks on iron doors, water dripping into rat-infested puddles! Are you really that gullible? Do you really think responsible people would let children use classroom space that was in any way unacceptable? You do realize the space will need to pass all kinds of inspections, right? Stop stirring the pot. You've shown yourself to be foolish.

oh no.....read post #50........(hint $6000.00 a month)

Guest Not Cruddy at All

Details, please, though I'm sure it's something that has to do with you no getting your way for something or other. Calling someone a liar is pretty "cruddy".

That's exactly why Blood is there and Ferraro is not because the current board can have their way with anything they want. Blood is just their figure head, she does whatever she is told to do. Just like all the recent appointments, she is told who to hire and shazam they are hired. We really don't need Blood, McDonald is the Superintendent. Look at the latest appointment, which mcdonald held up for over 2years so she could get her ass kissing pet a job. many qualified candidates who have all the experience required and she goes and hires her friend with absolutely no experience and no knowledge of how to perform the job of Truancy Officer, o sorry I mean the new job, with new name but exactly the same requirements and job description, Attendance Officer.

So you see it all depends on what angle you are looking at something from, right now you are defending this puppet because "it has something to do with you getting your way with something or other".

Look at the latest appointment, which mcdonald held up for over 2years so she could get her ass kissing pet a job.

The job was vacant for more than 3 years while the fab 5 held it up. Just kept pushing for retired former Kearny police officers to fill the position . . . even pushed for an officer who is still on the job! And the person that finally got appointed was in it from the very beginning.

Guest Concerned Parent

It is my hope that the candidates have read all the topics and remarks concerning the upcoming election. We need people who will care about our children, teachers and the Kearny Taxpayer. The candidates are paying taxes in kearny too . I doubt they want to pay more. And the people of Kearny don't want to pay more because of some wish list the BOE has. They need to do the right thing.

What I have read so far does not tell me anything about the candidates.

I will wait to hear where each candidate stands, then I will choose.

It is time for the BOE to work as a team, for our Children.

• 3 weeks later...

Will the West Wing of the new building be called the D & M room after Doran & McDonald???

The job was vacant for more than 3 years while the fab 5 held it up. Just kept pushing for retired former Kearny police officers to fill the position . . . even pushed for an officer who is still on the job! And the person that finally got appointed was in it from the very beginning.

False, once again. McDonald held up all the appointments because *** *** ***** lost his job at Passaic Valley and she promised *** the job. I heard a certain woman from Town is ***** ******** because she was suppose to *** *** *** the first time around until ******** spoke ***** about her. She was the only true candidate in it from "the beginning".

Edited by KOTW
Content.