25K+ Fans Jam Harrison Red Bull Stadium for Henry Thierry

KOTW

Guest Guest

Read our Main Page story on 25K+ fans jamming Harrison's Red Bull Stadium.

Join the Discussion on the story here.

Red Bulls, 25 thousand pack stadium. Harrison residents, impossible traffic jam, 3.5% tax increase. Nuf said.

Guest Mayor Rodgers fan

Red Bulls, 25 thousand pack stadium. Harrison residents, impossible traffic jam, 3.5% tax increase. Nuf said.

1.2 million extra money to offset taxes is mighty good. You are just a guy running for office because they didn't give you what you wanted. You expected the county committee for Harrison to hand you the Mayor's job. Fife is there as an interim Mayor so that the Harrison Democratic committee and decide who is qualified to lead the Town of Harrison into the future. It's not you. Instead of getting more involved you jumped the gun and ran for office. Better qualified councilman put their pride on the back burner and did the right thing supporting Mayor Fife for the better of Harrison. He's not there for 20 years. He's there to insure a smooth transition. You should have waited and ran later but now you will be buried by those much more qualified to lead.

The traffic was caused primarily by the crazy guy on the Jackson Street bridge.

Guest Guest

1.2 million extra money to offset taxes is mighty good. You are just a guy running for office because they didn't give you what you wanted. You expected the county committee for Harrison to hand you the Mayor's job. Fife is there as an interim Mayor so that the Harrison Democratic committee and decide who is qualified to lead the Town of Harrison into the future. It's not you. Instead of getting more involved you jumped the gun and ran for office. Better qualified councilman put their pride on the back burner and did the right thing supporting Mayor Fife for the better of Harrison. He's not there for 20 years. He's there to insure a smooth transition. You should have waited and ran later but now you will be buried by those much more qualified to lead.

The traffic was caused primarily by the crazy guy on the Jackson Street bridge.

I am not running for anything, and I don’t want anything. I am not a soccer fan and the 1.5 million the Red Bulls paid in taxes hasn’t offset my 3.5% tax increase. I can’t even move about in my own town because of the Red Bulls. They cost the town a fortune when the town decided to pay to clean up the land and we floated bonds to pay for it. If you haven’t heard Mayor Rodgers died, I don’t remember any tax increase of this size while he was in charge.

Guest Guest

Businesses see a pickup in customers during the games, but a lot less since the town made permit parking only active during games. Most now go to the ironbound and spend their money.

I laugh when I hear people complain about the traffic. There are less than 20 events ALL YEAR at the arena that cause traffic. I don't hear you complain about the rush hour traffic that happens 5 days a week/52 weeks a year cause people are cutting through town to get to 280. Or on Saturday mornings when people are cutting through to go to walmart. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to go less than a mile on a Saturday morning.

Guest Guest

Just FYI, County Committee didn't decide on anything, Doran picked Fife. Only Doran not the County Committee. The facts are the facts.

The town committee selected Mr.Fife as per law---the county committee is not involved in such a decision. As you wrote, "the facts are the facts."

Guest Cross Street

I hope you are kidding. Doran picked Fife the week before the County Committee meeting. Doran wasn't shy sharing his abilities with many residents and County Officials of his pick before the committee meeting, thinking he is insulated from prosecution. This is fact. You just wish it were otherwise but I hope that you wake up at some point and realize the damage Doran/Fife have done and will do. Do we have to outline salaries of friends of-these two before you believe. Please look into it, you will be shocked and then pissed.
Doran/Fife are bad for the future of Harrison. Breaking the law has been common place to advance redevelopment. How about the cell tower on RR Ave. This was done internally without any approval. This developer paid Doran/Fife and Company at ******** ****** 10's of thousands of dollars to be able to do as he wishes.

As a loyal Dem, i will Vote otherwise in November as will 4 others in my household. I am sick of this bllsh*t.