Doran Pay Cut

Guest Cross Street

Guest Cross Street

Is this a joke! Doran has made over $70,000 a year beyond the cap for over 4 years, almost $300,000 and we should feel badly that he made more in his previous over paid job. Doran should voluteer his services for free for 5 years and he still would be costing us tax payers money for the hiring of his family and friends. I hope residents see this for all that it is worth. Bye Bye.

Guest Guest

Is this a joke! Doran has made over $70,000 a year beyond the cap for over 4 years, almost $300,000 and we should feel badly that he made more in his previous over paid job. Doran should voluteer his services for free for 5 years and he still would be costing us tax payers money for the hiring of his family and friends. I hope residents see this for all that it is worth. Bye Bye.

No. The joke is that no matter what the fat cats do, they keep getting reelected.

Guest Clam digger

Doran should retire rather then take a pay cut. He could become Mayor after Fife resigns. He also could become a provisional Supt. in Towns that are going to hire a new Supt. He would make more money that way then when he was Harrison's Supt. Even though I'm not 1 of his fans, I think he did a good job. He doesn't need the money.

• 7 months later...

Doran should retire rather then take a pay cut. He could become Mayor after Fife resigns. He also could become a provisional Supt. in Towns that are going to hire a new Supt. He would make more money that way then when he was Harrison's Supt. Even though I'm not 1 of his fans, I think he did a good job. He doesn't need the money.

This is from July 2014. This is one of the most prescient comments posted here.

The poster was right. Doran could be making more money as an Interim Super for other towns and/or President/Chairman of his own Educational Consulting Company or whatever. And then he could be Mayor at the same time. But I know he both loves and respects Mayor Fife.

But I think if the town can't get his salary back to around $230,000, Doran will be doing his own thing and starting his own private company/business.

And he will be our next Mayor.