Right wingers are ridiculous.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The latest non-story is about a 25-year-old ex-marine who drove into Mexico carrying three weapons, apparently against Mexican law, and is incarcerated in Mexico since late March. He claims that he made a wrong turn but that's not the standard for guilt and innocence. American prisons are full of people who claim they didn't mean to do it.

Is he being poorly treated? Maybe he is but there is no visible evidence of his having been harmed.

Is the system taking too long? Our criminal justice system takes far longer than what is happening in his case.

So why is this an international incident? One reason: the right wing wants it to be. Consider all the biases they can pander to: guns, an ex-marine, Mexicans, and of course President Obama.

The whine from the right is that President Obama didn't mention the case in his address at West Point. Of course he didn't. The last thing a president wants to do, if he is responsible and intelligent, is stir up an international incident over something like this. Even if we think an American citizen is being poorly treated, matters like this are best handled through diplomatic channels. If the President made this an issue publicly, that would damage our diplomatic relations with a neighboring country, and would not likely help the prisoner at all. Even Fox acknowledges that Secretary of State Kerry is operating through the usual diplomatic channels to address the matter.

Right wingers should understand that when they do things like this, they do not make our country stronger. They make it weaker. In addition, they damage our political system every time they distort a story in an effort to score a political point. In this case, the ex-marine was presented as a marine, as though he had been arrested on active duty and imprisoned in Mexico. That would be a lie but the right wing media had no problem presenting the "story" as though this was what happened.

Most people don't realize how dangerous the right wing media have become. They are very powerful and very dangerous. The push the buttons of poorly informed people who aren't very bright - they know exactly what they are doing. And you need look no further than KOTW to know how low they will stoop, or how often. Problem is, if you don't pay attention to what is really going on, you might think that their phony stories are based on facts. Well, they're not, and people should know that.

Guest Guest

The latest non-story is about a 25-year-old ex-marine who drove into Mexico carrying three weapons, apparently against Mexican law, and is incarcerated in Mexico since late March. He claims that he made a wrong turn but that's not the standard for guilt and innocence. American prisons are full of people who claim they didn't mean to do it.

Is he being poorly treated? Maybe he is but there is no visible evidence of his having been harmed.

Is the system taking too long? Our criminal justice system takes far longer than what is happening in his case.

So why is this an international incident? One reason: the right wing wants it to be. Consider all the biases they can pander to: guns, an ex-marine, Mexicans, and of course President Obama.

The whine from the right is that President Obama didn't mention the case in his address at West Point. Of course he didn't. The last thing a president wants to do, if he is responsible and intelligent, is stir up an international incident over something like this. Even if we think an American citizen is being poorly treated, matters like this are best handled through diplomatic channels. If the President made this an issue publicly, that would damage our diplomatic relations with a neighboring country, and would not likely help the prisoner at all. Even Fox acknowledges that Secretary of State Kerry is operating through the usual diplomatic channels to address the matter.

Right wingers should understand that when they do things like this, they do not make our country stronger. They make it weaker. In addition, they damage our political system every time they distort a story in an effort to score a political point. In this case, the ex-marine was presented as a marine, as though he had been arrested on active duty and imprisoned in Mexico. That would be a lie but the right wing media had no problem presenting the "story" as though this was what happened.

Most people don't realize how dangerous the right wing media have become. They are very powerful and very dangerous. The push the buttons of poorly informed people who aren't very bright - they know exactly what they are doing. And you need look no further than KOTW to know how low they will stoop, or how often. Problem is, if you don't pay attention to what is really going on, you might think that their phony stories are based on facts. Well, they're not, and people should know that.

The right wing nut on this board - and I think there's only one (no matter how many names he uses), is the reason there's not a single republican on the local ballot tomorrow.

Guest Things are Scarey

I do not claim to know much about foreign affairs but I know if it were my son I would be outraged. Your explanation does make sense and I know Mr. Kerry is working on it. Lets hope we get him home soon. Extremists on either side is scarey! The current climate of right wingers remind me of the "Moral Majority" group of the eighties. They burned themselves out so we can only hope. No group of people has the right to impose their moral compass on others! No competition for Mayor and Council is also scarey. Kearny maybe turning into Monarchy? Also scarey!

Guest Guest

I would be outraged too, but at Mexican prison officials, not at President Obama or Sec. of State Kerry.

What about the explanation do you think doesn't make sense, and why? Do you think diplomacy doesn't matter? Is this case any worse than what happens right here in the United States, on a regular basis? If we live by one standard for ourselves and another standard for other countries, sooner or later that will cause us problems. Is there something special about the facts of this case; if so, what is it? Or is this story getting play mainly because right wing media hopped all over it and are using some of their favorite biases to stir up their sheep? Extremists are scary, and so are people who just draw conclusions without giving reasons for them.

Guest Guest

I do not claim to know much about foreign affairs but I know if it were my son I would be outraged. Your explanation does make sense and I know Mr. Kerry is working on it. Lets hope we get him home soon. Extremists on either side is scarey! The current climate of right wingers remind me of the "Moral Majority" group of the eighties. They burned themselves out so we can only hope. No group of people has the right to impose their moral compass on others! No competition for Mayor and Council is also scarey. Kearny maybe turning into Monarchy? Also scarey!

If Republicans can't compete for those seats, it tells me that people in Kearny are reasonably happy with the Democrats now in office.

Guest Guest

I would be outraged too, but at Mexican prison officials, not at President Obama or Sec. of State Kerry.

What about the explanation do you think doesn't make sense, and why? Do you think diplomacy doesn't matter? Is this case any worse than what happens right here in the United States, on a regular basis? If we live by one standard for ourselves and another standard for other countries, sooner or later that will cause us problems. Is there something special about the facts of this case; if so, what is it? Or is this story getting play mainly because right wing media hopped all over it and are using some of their favorite biases to stir up their sheep? Extremists are scary, and so are people who just draw conclusions without giving reasons for them.

Learn to read Jack Ass! I said "your explanation DOES make sense and I know Mr. Kerry is working on it". If you are a product of the Kearny School system please do not tell any one!

Guest Guest

What ever the reasons are that Republicans, Independents or another party do not run candidates, the fact remains the few people who vote have no choices and the rest don't care! They are busy working or busy trying to figure out how to leave this hell hole! The only people really happy is the candidates running unopposed! What a claim to fame "I won an election in which I had no competition."

Guest Things more scary

Yes there is something special. The man is a veteran. Veterans are all special people who risk their lives for the rest of us and for a government who treats them like $hit! I thank all of them for their service. Oh FYI you can't join the service if you can't read! The only thing scarier than extremists are people who are impulsive and use their mouths and fingers before their brains!

Guest Guest

If Republicans can't compete for those seats, it tells me that people in Kearny are reasonably happy with the Democrats now in office.

And of course it's obvious from the runaway taxes, condition of our streets, schools Gunnel Oval, sidewalks, etc. the dems are doing a marvelous job.

Guest Learn to Read
I do not claim to know much about foreign affairs but I know if it were my son I would be outraged. Your explanation does make sense and I know Mr. Kerry is working on it. Lets hope we get him home soon. Extremists on either side is scarey! The current climate of right wingers remind me of the "Moral Majority" group of the eighties. They burned themselves out so we can only hope. No group of people has the right to impose their moral compass on others! No competition for Mayor and Council is also scarey. Kearny maybe turning into Monarchy? Also

Are you just a ass or an ass that can't read? The person you attacked said your explanation made sense. In addition they agreed with you about the right wingers. Maybe you not only can't read but you are not informed enough to know who the Moral Majority was! Next time read the entire post twice before you foam at the mouth and the venom comes pouring out of you fingers! Be a man and apologize to the person you attacked because you didn't bother to read or you didn't understand! If you are a Democrat you are an embarrassment to the rest of us!

Guest Find your way out!

Most Republicans are smarter and make more money so they got out of this pig sty long ago! Lots of us Dems just biding our time! One Monarchy under Santos gone to $hit! Give it another few years and Kearny will be totally filled with ignorant people like you who mistake complacency and apathy for "reasonably happy" and illiterate and evil people like the the other "guest" here.

In terms of fixing the political, financial and social woes of Kearny "be realistic and pray for a miracle."

-Bhagwan Shree Rajineesh

Guest Guest

Fox spins story after story after story to pander to right wing biases. They are relentless in the promotion of their talking points, which come from on high, Fox's CEO Roger Ailes. From Ailes' perspective, this serves two purposes: it sells Fox's product, and it promotes Ailes' far-right world view.

None of this would matter if so many people weren't so eager to have their prejudices fed. Tragically, Fox has a eager audience of people who are either too lazy or too stupid to think about the issues intelligently.

Guest Guest

ame="Things are Scarey" post="130377" timestamp="1401747602"]I do not claim to know much about foreign affairs but I know if it were my son I would be outraged. Your explanation does make sense and I know Mr. Kerry is working on it. Lets hope we get him home soon. Extremists on either side is scarey! The current climate of right wingers remind me of the "Moral Majority" group of the eighties. They burned themselves out so we can only hope. No group of people has the right to impose their moral compass on others! No competition for Mayor and Council is also scarey. Kearny maybe turning into Monarchy? Also

Are you just a ass or an ass that can't read? The person you attacked said your explanation made sense. In addition they agreed with you about the right wingers. Maybe you not only can't read but you are not informed enough to know who the Moral Majority was! Next time read the entire post twice before you foam at the mouth and the venom comes pouring out of you fingers! Be a man and apologize to the person you attacked because you didn't bother to read or you didn't understand! If you are a Democrat you are an embarrassment to the rest of us!

Chill out. You're right. I misread it. Fortunately for me, we're all anonymous here.

I remember the so-called Moral Majority all too well. Jerry Falwell's organization, as I recall it. The dynamics won't necessarily play out the same way for the Tea Party, but as "Things are Scarey" pointed out, we can only hope.

Guest Guest

Thank you for seeing your mistake. Most people can' admit their mistakes. Tea Baggers are very scarey! You are right it was Jerry Falwell's organization. I read recently that he died in 2007 but his mega-church is very much alive in I thinks it's Lynchburg VA. So Ironic thats where it is! I think they lynched you for just being from north of the Mason Dixon Line! Yes, lets keep hoping and praying! Yes, some of us liberal minded thinkers believe in God too! Have a good day!

Guest Guest

Chill out. You're right. I misread it. Fortunately for me, we're all anonymous here.

I remember the so-called Moral Majority all too well. Jerry Falwell's organization, as I recall it. The dynamics won't necessarily play out the same way for the Tea Party, but as "Things are Scarey" pointed out, we can only hope.

We can only hope that the loony left will OD on the Kool-Aid.

Guest Guest

Another brilliant response! Keep it up, I'm sure you'll get many converts with your enlightening comments.

Guest Guest

Another brilliant response! Keep it up, I'm sure you'll get many converts with your enlightening comments.

I'll keep it up although I don't need to. zerO, Harry and Nancy are doing their best to hand the Senate to the Republicans in Nov.

Guest Guest

I'll keep it up although I don't need to. zerO, Harry and Nancy are doing their best to hand the Senate to the Republicans in Nov.

I'd rather guzzle Kool aid than swallow the gop slop

Guest Guest

Just makes you sick watching this right wing idiot ignore everything he doesn't agree with. He didn't respect the collective opinions of the American people when we elected President Obama (twice) and put the Democrats in control of both houses of Congress. But now that he thinks the Republicans are about to gain a narrow majority in the Senate, suddenly the opinions of the people count again.

This person represents the worst nightmare of the thoughtful men who framed our Constitution 227 years ago. If they had thought ordinary Americans would act the way he does, they wouldn't have founded a republic, or given the average person the right to vote.