S.5th St Fire

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

What a shame that occurred in the early morning with the fire on South 5th Street. Six families are displaced and lost everything they own. I know one of the families that lived on the 1st floor. Friends have been donating clothes, games, toys, and money. If anyone would like to help out, please got to http://www.gofundme.com/9lmqqo

Also- Respect the families and leave any childish negative talk about the fire department out of this topic. Thank you.

Edited by KOTW
Link has not been confirmed to be for the Harrison fire. It has been posted because KOTW rather error on the side of providing aid.

Guest Guest

This is typical of any fire within the confines of Harrison. I am sure the unskilled Firefighters were few and the response time inadequate. I am in no way saying that the Jersey City or Kearny Fire Departments are any better but they do have to travel a little further. I am relieved that no resident was hurt because IF an ambulance from Kearny was available and took 20 minutes to get to Harrison it may have been a real tragedy. However, this is a tragic situation for the Harrison residents because they are paying HUGE tax bills for a seemingly useless fire department and an anemic number of Police Officers. It's going to be a long violent summer for the residents as crime is rising and often under reported by most Hudson County municipalities. The top heavy, high salaried Abbott district school administrators and department heads will be enjoying their shore homes while the residents bake and are victimized. Where the heck are all of the tens of millions of dollars in property taxes going?

Guest taxpayer

The bottom line the state has made recommendations regarding the Harrison Fire Dept . The present Adminstration doesn't have the courage to tell there friends and family they are no longer needed. They will not but the communities interest above there own!

Guest Guest

The bottom line the state has made recommendations regarding the Harrison Fire Dept . The present Adminstration doesn't have the courage to tell there friends and family they are no longer needed. They will not but the communities interest above there own!

Boring Barney.

Guest Guest

What a shame that occurred in the early morning with the fire on South 5th Street. Six families are displaced and lost everything they own. I know one of the families that lived on the 1st floor. Friends have been donating clothes, games, toys, and money. If anyone would like to help out, please got to http://www.gofundme.com/9lmqqo

Also- Respect the families and leave any childish negative talk about the fire department out of this topic. Thank you.

why aren't we helping all the families out not just one