Angry Christians

Guest Guest

I understand just fine thank you very much! And I'll tell you what I understand you more than you think! I was you twenty five years ago!!! I did not post this article as support of my belief in God. I don't need support in my beliefs! It was presented to contest the notion that's you put forth that consciousness requires an organic brain consisting of " matter". Nothing more nothing less! Just trying to get you to open your mind to the limitless possibilities regarding consciousness! And know I am done! God Bless You!

Where is this impassioned defense of open-mindedness when the subject matter isn't what theists want to hear? Many people reject and make fun of the Big Bang theory, even though it is the best theory we have to explain how the universe formed. But because it seems to conflict with biblical accounts of "creation," people reject it.

It's not open-mindedness if you're only open to what you want to hear. Then, when you start berating other people about it and won't even stick around to discuss it, it's even more close-minded.

So-called Christians:

What's the problem? You wanted to discuss this. Why stop now? Of course, if I got creamed in an argument the way you have, I wouldn't want to talk about it either.

Do any of you have the integrity to come forward and admit you may have been wrong?

If you're going to criticize someone for being arrogant and narrow-minded, make sure you're quoting accurately. If you misquote, you'll look like a jerk.

Is that what happened?

For most people, it's hard to accept the idea that the religion your parents taught you doesn't make sense. But if you look honesty at biblical Christianity, it really doesn't make sense. We all live in the world, and most of us do OK. But we're the lucky ones, for a while anyway. The point is, if you had the power to make a world any way you wanted to make it, you wouldn't make it like this. If you can't admit that, then you're not being honest.