Will Kearny have a "Christmas Tree" this year ?

Guest Conservative Christian

The sad part is that this individual can't seem to grasp the fact that ANYONE who doesn't choose a username is listed as "Guest", and apparently believes that all of the "Guest" posts are one person.

Nope! I don't believe all guests are the same person! That would mean that mostly one person would be arguing both points of view. "Now that's funny" no I believe a large majority of the anti Christmas posts are being written by the same person. I come to this conclusion by noticing a similar writing, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation! Not that I am any kind of expert in any of those areas. Just my humble opinion! And who knows maybe its KOTW trying to boost the topic. Merry Christmas!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! I don't believe all guests are the same person! That would mean that mostly one person would be arguing both points of view. "Now that's funny" no I believe a large majority of the anti Christmas posts are being written by the same person. I come to this conclusion by noticing a similar writing, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation! Not that I am any kind of expert in any of those areas. Just my humble opinion! And who knows maybe its KOTW trying to boost the topic. Merry Christmas!

KOTW tries to stay out of making comments. KOTW violated its own guideline by posting "Now that's funny". It was not because the posters comment was necessarily true but that it was something KOTW had never thought of in the years we have been running the Discussion Board. It was a possibility and the thought of it was funny.

KOTW purpose is to allow an open discussion of issues. It is best not to get involved in those discussions and simply sit back and allow the discussion to evolve and let each person express their opinion.

KOTW

KOTW tries to stay out of making comments. KOTW violated its own guideline by posting "Now that's funny". It was not because the posters comment was necessarily true but that it was something KOTW had never thought of in the years we have been running the Discussion Board. It was a possibility and the thought of it was funny.

KOTW purpose is to allow an open discussion of issues. It is best not to get involved in those discussions and simply sit back and allow the discussion to evolve and let each person express their opinion.

KOTW

"Now that's funny"

I wrote quite a few of the posts here, but far from most of them, sometimes back to back. The way this board is set up, everyone is anonymous. There aren't even any member accounts any more. I don't know why KOTW did it that way but maybe they wanted the board to focus on content instead of on personalities. I have to admit, mainly it works. People call names but they don't know who they're name-calling. So it does take away some of that silliness.

The point is, who cares who writes it? How should our town government handle the holiday season? My opinion is that the annual outrage about a non-existent war on Christmas is ridiculous. My mother would have said something like "If you kids can't stop fighting over that tree, then maybe we just shouldn't have one." That usually stopped the bickering, which is what I wish would happen here. Christians aren't being abused. People are just trying to make the holidays be a time for everyone. Say "merry Christmas" if you want to. No one is stopping you. But stop whining because someone else says "happy holidays" or whatever.

So I say happy holidays, merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, joyful Solstice, happy Bodhi day, joyful Soyal, AND whatever or however you may wish to celebrate at this time of the year.

There's never been a shortage of sock puppets on KOTW. Some of them say something useful. Some of them don't.

Did Mayor Santos actually say anything about this tree, which is on the front lawn at Town Hall? If so, where and when did he say it? Is it reported anywhere or did "Kearny Christian" just make all this up so he could complain about things that never happened?

Did Mayor Santos actually say anything about this tree, which is on the front lawn at Town Hall? If so, where and when did he say it? Is it reported anywhere or did "Kearny Christian" just make all this up so he could complain about things that never happened?

Not a shred of evidence from Kearny's self-appointed whine brigade of angry Christians. In other words, the person who calls him/herself "Kearny Christian" just made the whole thing up.

So are we done now, 'til next year?

Every year, like clockwork, Fox riles up the idiot brigade, it's loyal viewers who are too dumb to know they're just being used to boost Fox's ratings. Fox knows that its viewers aren't very bright. They'll believe whatever they're told, and imagine that there's a war on Christmas, even if nobody says anything. It's all about the story, and about people dumb enough to believe whatever they're told, as long as it's coming from "the most trusted source in television."

God help us.

Then again, maybe we had best help ourselves. Or at least pitch in.