Family First still alive and well on Kearny Board of Education

Guest School Watch

Guest School Watch

Add Barbara Cifelli Sherry to a long list of Board Candidates and Members who have Relatives employed in the School District. When will the taxpayers of Kearny realize that the motives on the surface seem to be of self interest with Mrs Sherry leading the way with many relatives employed in the town and school district. Also the appearance of politics are infusing its way into our schools since the elections were moved to November, Mrs Sherry also serves as Deputy Mayor and with that title one would believe its smells of politics. The CIFELLI'S as a whole have done very well here in Kearny for many years which poses the question, with so many people out of work these days will anyone have an opportunity to seek FAIR employment with the current make up of this Board. I predict if Mrs Cifelli Sherry is elected promotion opportunities will find its way to the doorsteps of the Cifelli Sherry household. Last years election when a board candidate wasn't seated due to a conflict of interest but in the end was able to get her Child a teaching position. This common practice has been going on for many years. Nothing will change unless the public starts to pay attention as to whats going on in our schools. On November 5th please consider candidates that have no self interest in our Schools and that we elect people who truly put "OUR CHILDREN FIRST"

Add Barbara Cifelli Sherry to a long list of Board Candidates and Members who have Relatives employed in the School District. When will the taxpayers of Kearny realize that the motives on the surface seem to be of self interest with Mrs Sherry leading the way with many relatives employed in the town and school district. Also the appearance of politics are infusing its way into our schools since the elections were moved to November, Mrs Sherry also serves as Deputy Mayor and with that title one would believe its smells of politics. The CIFELLI'S as a whole have done very well here in Kearny for many years which poses the question, with so many people out of work these days will anyone have an opportunity to seek FAIR employment with the current make up of this Board. I predict if Mrs Cifelli Sherry is elected promotion opportunities will find its way to the doorsteps of the Cifelli Sherry household. Last years election when a board candidate wasn't seated due to a conflict of interest but in the end was able to get her Child a teaching position. This common practice has been going on for many years. Nothing will change unless the public starts to pay attention as to whats going on in our schools. On November 5th please consider candidates that have no self interest in our Schools and that we elect people who truly put "OUR CHILDREN FIRST"

Oh brother here we go again! First of all name a current member of the BOE that does not have a family member employed in some capacity with the school system! Second please stop with the mis-information campaign, the candidate who was IMHO unfairly disqualified from taking the position the voters of Kearny made clear they wanted her to have, her daughter was already employed in the school system! Why don't we talk about a certain current BOE members child who is employed by the BOE and who has been bounced from one school to another because administrators don't know what to do because of the individuals parent that now sits on the Board! Do you think this person would still be employed if their parent was not a Board member? Is this Board member putting our children first? How about just putting their child first! Talk about friends and family please!!!

Your opinion is trying to insinuate somthing improper. Everyone knows that baseless accuations are thrown around just before a election, people are tired of this type of crap. Its time for people to vote out the poison that has weaseled its way into the School Board and replace it with sensable people. Mrs. Sherry will be elected,because she has proven herself over many years to be careing and professional.

I wonder if Johnny Lead will disappear now that he got his sis a coveted and sweet secretarial postion. He really cares, about what, I don't know.

Just keep voting people like him in citizens of Kearny. You have no idea what fun it is to watch the antics of the Kearny BOE.

Guest Family First

Your opinion is trying to insinuate somthing improper. Everyone knows that baseless accuations are thrown around just before a election, people are tired of this type of crap. Its time for people to vote out the poison that has weaseled its way into the School Board and replace it with sensable people. Mrs. Sherry will be elected,because she has proven herself over many years to be careing and professional.

Don't worry Barb, I won't let them pick on you, ps: everyone is doing fine in their jobs God Bless Kearny and Harrison too.

Guest Brett Micheals

The only Poison around this town is the dope who wrote this post. I guess at that hour of the morning or a few empty bottles causes brain malfunctions......and I'm not trying to "insinuate SOMTHING", nor make "baseless ACCUATIONS" around "A election". I'm just trying to figure out who these "SENSABLE people" you want on the Board and I sure hope they're "CAREING". Do everyone a favor and stay away from our schools.

I wonder if Johnny Lead will disappear now that he got his sis a coveted and sweet secretarial postion. He really cares, about what, I don't know.

Just keep voting people like him in citizens of Kearny. You have no idea what fun it is to watch the antics of the Kearny BOE.

That's not fair. John's sister has been a BOE secretary - and one of the most trusted and reliable - for over 20 years. To insinuate that he procured that position for her is insulting - to her and everyone who has turned to her for help and answers for over 20 years.

John, he's another story...

No just keep on voting for guys like our honorable mayor who does not live in town and who has not lowered taxes once in any of his terms. What a joke

Guest R u kidding us

For your information moron.First Johnny Lead is going no where, Second He did not get His Sister a job on the board she has been on the job 37 years you moron. Talk about B.O.E Members who got family,friends jobs look at Mac Donald's list. As for Mrs. Sherry isn't that a conflict her running for B.O.E.and being Deputy Mayor, I guess we know how she will vote if elected.

Guest Liliana

Mrs. Sherry will vote appropriately after looking at all the facts just like she always did on the Council. Geesh, she is the Deputy Mayor not the Deputy Chief of Police!

• 2 months later...
Guest School Watch

Faces change but this game remains the same.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest School Watch

Everything is going according to plan Promotions for Family will be coming sooner than you think.

For your information moron.First Johnny Lead is going no where, Second He did not get His Sister a job on the board she has been on the job 37 years you moron. Talk about B.O.E Members who got family,friends jobs look at Mac Donald's list. As for Mrs. Sherry isn't that a conflict her running for B.O.E.and being Deputy Mayor, I guess we know how she will vote if elected.

Oh Johnny dice eyes is going somewhere! It's called the big house!!! Bye bye dice eyes!!!!

Guest Indicted v. Convicted

Oh Johnny dice eyes is going somewhere! It's called the big house!!! Bye bye dice eyes!!!!

I guess he'll be keeping company with Papa Smurf. I heard the State is investigating the ***** *** for falsifying information on the convicted drug felons employment application for the board of ed and getting his fingerprints done for him. Little miss ****** at the board office is involved too for hiding documents as well. All these weasels who have been exempt from the rules will now have to answer to an authority who they have no control over.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

I guess he'll be keeping company with Papa Smurf. I heard the State is investigating the ***** *** for falsifying information on the convicted drug felons employment application for the board of ed and getting his fingerprints done for him. Little miss ****** at the board office is involved too for hiding documents as well. All these weasels who have been exempt from the rules will now have to answer to an authority who they have no control over.

You heard you heard!!! Lol! That's hearsay. What we know as fact is dice eyes is indicted and probably going to jail, but doesn't have the decency to step down from the B.O.E. Now you obviously support one group on the board and I obviously support the other group. This is plain to see by our posts! So I will ask you this, not expecting a honest objective answer what if Viscuso or McDonald or anyone opposing your side was indicted how would you be reacting to these elected officials? I will tell you as much as I respect these individuals if they brought this shame to Kearny I would kick them to the curb! Because that is what would be good for Kearny, our schools and our kids!!!! Shame on him for not stepping down! And shame on you for supporting him!

Putting my two cents in here: toss the bum (and any other bum who can't behave themselves and stay on the right side of the law) off the BOE; I don't care which side of the table he or she is sitting on. If you can't lead by good example, get out!

Guest Lip Service

You heard you heard!!! Lol! That's hearsay. What we know as fact is dice eyes is indicted and probably going to jail, but doesn't have the decency to step down from the B.O.E. Now you obviously support one group on the board and I obviously support the other group. This is plain to see by our posts! So I will ask you this, not expecting a honest objective answer what if Viscuso or McDonald or anyone opposing your side was indicted how would you be reacting to these elected officials? I will tell you as much as I respect these individuals if they brought this shame to Kearny I would kick them to the curb! Because that is what would be good for Kearny, our schools and our kids!!!! Shame on him for not stepping down! And shame on you for supporting him!

They ALL could be facing indictment. So, get ready to make that tough choice of "kicking your friends to the curb". It will not happen because the law and doing what is right does not apply to you and your friends.

They ALL could be facing indictment. So, get ready to make that tough choice of "kicking your friends to the curb". It will not happen because the law and doing what is right does not apply to you and your friends.

If and when anyone else from the BOE is indicted I will call for their resignation! Now why don't you ask for Leadbeaters???

Oh come on. You could be facing indictment. The whole town could be facing indictment. Only we're not, and neither is any of Board members.

JL isn't facing indictment. He has been indicted and will face a trial - unless he pleads out.

Guest lil pp

Johnny Dice Eyes is a bully. He has shown this over and over again from his time on Little League, Town Council, BOE, etc. Why the people of Kearny let this guy stay around is ponderous.

Guest Big pp

Johnny Dice Eyes is a bully. He has shown this over and over again from his time on Little League, Town Council, BOE, etc. Why the people of Kearny let this guy stay around is ponderous.

What does that say about you ? Calling him Johnny Dice Eyes. A Coward. Say it to his face. I gaurantee you don't have the nerve you Coward.

Guest Guest

What does that say about you ? Calling him Johnny Dice Eyes. A Coward. Say it to his face. I gaurantee you don't have the nerve you Coward.

Oh yeah? Say that to lil pp's face. Coward.

Sometimes anonymity on this board isn't such a good thing. People act like they can dance around naked, like no one was looking. Problem is, people are looking. You can't make out the face but what you can see ain't pretty.