Flag Football Diversity

Guest Concerned Parent

Guest Concerned Parent

Hi Everyone,

My son is 5 years old and this is his first year of flag football and takng a bit of a closer look at the teams has revealed a curious irregularity.

It seems that, for some reason, little white boys and little minority boys have have been separated on different teams. I find this strange and unsettling. Don't we all want our kids to learn to interact with people that look different than they do? Shouldn't little Tommy learn to play with little Carlos just as much as he should learn to play with little Billy? What better way to do this than to have less homogenouse sports teams?

Take a look at this link:

http://www.kearnyusa.com/node/1436

The first two pictures are of two different Flag Football teams. See what I mean?

It's been my observation that the Soccer teams have been arranged the same way.

It would be interesting to know why these teams were picked the way they were and by whom.

Guest Kearny Mom

I do not see a much of a difference in the 2 pictures. I take offense to "little white boys". I do not think the teams are hand picked. You also can't judge a picture by just looking at it. Most of those "little white boys" are either portuguese, brazilian, or spanish mixed. We also have a diverse group of coaches as you can see in the picture. I think there are more important things to be concerned about than how the teams were chosen.

Guest New Mom to Flag football

Congratulations to all if the children that played flag football today. It was such a pleasure to see them ALL having a great time. That is what it is all about anyway. Isn't it? Let's have a great season!

Guest Flag football Parent

What a way to spend a Sunday morning! Congratulations to All if the children that played flag football today. It was such a joy to see them all having so much fun. That is what it is all about. Isn't it? Lets have a great season!

Guest Mom first

Congratulations to all the children playing flag football this morning. What a way to spend your Sunday morning. Watching all those kids having so much fun today was wonderful. That is what it all about. Isn't it? Let's have a great season!

Guest Mom first

Congratulations to all the children that played flag football this morning. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Sunday morning. Seeing all of the kids having so much fun was such a joy to see. That is what it is all about. Isn't it? Lets have a great season parents!