What is that "park" on Passaic Ave?

Guest Michelle

Guest Michelle

On Passaic Ave - near bottom of Midland. What is that supposed to be? I heard something a while ago about a dog park being opened in Kearny, but I would think a dog park would have a fence, so I don't think that's it.

Guest Kearny Resident

That is both the Kearny Community Garden and the Butterfly Garden. The community garden is a new way of gardening. Anyone who would like to participate can and if you participate you are welcome to the harvest. If they have anything left after the harvest the plan is to donate it to the local food banks. If you have a Facebook they have a page.

FYI-they are still interested in starting a dog park and they also have a FB page.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michelle

Thanks for the response. I do know of the butterfly/commnuity garden. Its lovely. I was instead referring to the other area close to Midland Ave that was created this past summer. It has wide paved walk ways, benches and two parking spots. I am going to assume that it is NOT the dog park, but just a park. The wide paved walkways seemed like they had a purpose...seemed a circular configuration. I was just wondering if it was something specific. Thanks.